PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Hipers.

RIDER11X
12-21-2003, 10:43 AM
I am looking at these for XC use. I originally was looking for a 9" reaer wheel, but theirs are 9x9 instead of 9x8, and I don't want the wheel sticking out to take alot of hits.
So, I'm looking at the 8x8 with the integrated hub to get a narrower wheel. Does anyone have any experience with the integrated hub version? How would running an 8x8 size be for XC racing? Thanks!:cool:

Doibugu2
12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Jeff from the quadshop runs them, he would know.

cdalejef
12-21-2003, 11:10 AM
You don't want the 8" for XC, you want the 9". The extra inch is towards the inside so it won't make it any wider.

RIDER11X
12-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
You don't want the 8" for XC, you want the 9". The extra inch is towards the inside so it won't make it any wider.

What I was trying to say was, I had 9x9 wheels before with Holeshot XC's and they took alot of hits on the wheels edges because of the wheels holding the tires sidewalls out more rather than dished in like an 9x8 would do. This is why I'm considering an 8x8 for XC, with 20x11x8 XCR's.:confused:

cdalejef
12-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Hasn't been a problem on ours.

RIDER11X
12-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Hasn't been a problem on ours.
Well, that is what I was curious about, whether I'd break any rings or anything by going with the 9x9's. I have heard the
Hipers are really tough wheels, so apparently it's true. Thanks for your input Jeff.

PS. Just watched the John Penton last night and saw you blazing along and got mentioned.:cool: That sometimes seems more like survival than racing. I bet there were a ton of DNF's that day!!! Cool to see other members up in the pack like that.:cool:

cdalejef
12-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Ya, that was a tuff one but the ones like that is one of my strengths. You'll always hear me whishing for rain before a race. :macho

Pappy
12-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Ya, that was a tuff one but the ones like that is one of my strengths. You'll always hear me whishing for rain before a race. :macho

wishing hell:grr:

before the penton he was running around nude chanting indain crap:macho :blah:

cdalejef
12-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
wishing hell:grr:

before the penton he was running around nude chanting indain crap:macho :blah: Stop telling my secrets Pappy!!! :mad:

Funny thing is you asked for my autograph after you saw me doing that. :blah: