PDA

View Full Version : hey recon rider 25..........

brian-250
12-20-2003, 08:45 PM
what all did you do to your reco and howed you get that bumper to fit??????:confused:

ReconRider25
12-21-2003, 08:08 AM
all my mod's were:
-supertrapp ids2 complete system
-k&n air filter
-i had a dynojet jet kit that i ordered for it but didnt get it on yet
-2.5 inch durablue rear wheel spacers
-flipped front rims
-moose racing red shockcovers front and rear
-moose handguards
-dg alloy series front bumper
-custom stainless steel rear bumper
-custom fender support brackets for front and rear fenders(so they wouldnt flop all over)
-lot of stickers
- i was also gonna get tag x-5 bars and scott grips for it but i traded it in instead for a 400ex. :p

and for the bumper, it was an exact fit from the 250ex since theyre the same frame(dont try to tell me theyre different with the frame and engines theyre identical and ive ridden both) so i just bolted it on. it does touch the front plastic and push it back a little, so you will have to adjust the front headlights. also, you will have to make support brackets, and to mount them, just bolt them to the same bolt as the top mount for the bumper. hope this helps.

heres the last pic i took of it, sry for the bad quality.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p42f07ae84e9f7ed2073ca9ac9e6de780/fa403f50.jpg

ReconRider25
12-21-2003, 05:34 PM
oh yea, im guessing you have a recon? what have you done to it?

stace609
12-21-2003, 07:40 PM
hey he's not the only one with a recon:grr: besides reconriders a trader. he went to the 400 :blah:

brian-250
12-21-2003, 08:24 PM
msr bars,moose hand guards,k-n outerwears,dial a jet,big gun slip on gonna get here any time now,coming soon kenda claws?:confused: not sure oh yea custom air box lid,and bunch ah stikers adding 5HP a pieace:D

ReconRider25
12-21-2003, 09:29 PM
hey he's not the only one with a recon besides reconriders a trader. he went to the 400

hey i wouldnt say im a trader, i miss that thing alot.:( but....i started having problems with it and wanted a manual clutch so i got a 400. although id love to get another recon too and mod that one out again. except this time id finish it.:p

stace609
12-22-2003, 08:27 AM
you know what i decided to do to mine? I'm going to take out all the black plastic in the footwell and put on some nerfs. Then I'm going to cut the plastics. you know where that ridge is along the sides? just that. It should look pretty cool. The only thing I'm wish was different about the recon was I got the ES and i wish I had a shifter. Oh well. I'm stickinh with the recon:macho

ReconRider25
12-22-2003, 08:34 AM
sounds like some good ideas, but your gonn shave the bottoms of the fenders so they dont have those imprints where the black parts connect right? and about the fenders, do you mean just that outer part, or right t the inner one, where youd have to get rid of the headlights? and if you go here: http://www.angelfire.com/hi3/nj/atv2.html this guy modified his recon too, and made it into a sport, although i dont like how he cut his fenders, and he shouldve done the rear end too.:p

stace609
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
nonon, not the whole fender. lol. just that like two inch ridge on the outside. and yea I'm going to round the bottom of the fenders where the black hooks on. it won't effect the headlights, i just have to hook the fender to the front part further in because I'll be removing a clip. no biggie. yea i hate when people say the recon is different than the 250. I have a 250 exhaust on mine. And I'm going to get the 250 nerfs. I like the stock bumper though because it protects the plastics better.

ReconRider25
12-22-2003, 05:39 PM
cool:macho make sure you post some pics of it.;) :D