PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia GNCC!!

WV-V-Force
12-20-2003, 07:29 PM
The Mountaineer GNCC!
GNCC Racing comes to Summersville, West Virginia on September 25 and 26. Stay tuned for more details.

Pappy
12-20-2003, 07:30 PM
they heard i was here and just couldnt stay away:devil:

thats great news!!!!

Taco
12-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Hell yea :D

Wingnut
12-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Only 6 hours from home, sounds good to me!

TRX500
12-20-2003, 09:55 PM
That sounds great!

bradley300
12-20-2003, 10:54 PM
hell yeah, where is that in relation to say, charelston?

TRX500
12-20-2003, 11:09 PM
About 50 miles north on I-79 towards Clarksburg.

12-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by TRX500
About 50 miles north on I-79 towards Clarksburg.

4 hours from the quadshop. woo hooo

Motoman440
12-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Maybe the wife and kids will let me out of the house so I can be there!!!:(

Pappy
12-21-2003, 08:01 AM
im thinkin thats about 2 hours north of me:D

im very happy to see gncc's return the west va. id expect a great turn out as its smack dab in the middle of gncc territory:macho

12-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

im very happy to see gncc's return the west va. id expect a great turn out as its smack dab in the middle of gncc territory:macho

I heard we run 3 miles of the rockhouse trail in the fast sections....:eek2: :eek2:

Motoman440
12-21-2003, 08:29 AM

I thought you were in the eastern panhandle??? Summersville, which I own a camp there by the way (GNCC Party), is only about 1.5 hours from my house. If your that close we need to get together and ride more often.:D

popo
12-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I heard we run 3 miles of the rockhouse trail in the fast sections....:eek2: :eek2:

O chit, another jack azzz award:confused:

12-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by popo
O chit, another jack azzz award:confused:

Don't worry popo they're puttin up guard rails at all the hair pin turns..:o

Taco
12-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
I thought you were in the eastern panhandle??? Summersville, which I own a camp there by the way (GNCC Party), is only about 1.5 hours from my house. If your that close we need to get together and ride more often.:D Hrmmmm Now theres an idea :D

Smokey
12-21-2003, 09:46 PM
I am looking at a map now and Summersville is a good 1hour+ southeast of Charleston on Rt. 39.

Pappy
12-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
I am looking at a map now and Summersville is a good 1hour+ southeast of Charleston on Rt. 39.

ok that aint close to me then:p i must have looked up the wrong summersville or something.

oh well, its close to hatfield:devil:

Bonnie Cook
12-22-2003, 08:51 AM
I am just glad they took away Mount Morris. That track is getting way too old and worn out. The GNCC's did a good thing moving it. Now it looks like only one race per state, except Ohio has two. That's diversity.

12-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Summersville is only about 45 minutes from Charleston. I know several people that camp arund there. the race is less than 3 hours from my house!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when they are that close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jja125
12-22-2003, 09:22 AM
yeah, well that sucks cause mt.morris & taylortown were like 45min from my house :mad:

needaride
12-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Summersville is less than an hour from charleston. Coming from the south you will want to get off 64/77 onto rt19 north. From the north take 19 south off I79.

From the west, like from KY get off 64 onto 60 then across 39.

FOr those of us around charlestion, take rt. 60 to Gauley Bridge then 39 up to Summersville. My Jeep club has a big trail ride in Summersville every July 4th weekend. It will be a great area for a GNCC. Excellent potential for a difficult track. Tons of hotels and campgrounds around too. Nice place to party at the lake too, plenty of cliff diving. White water rafting, etc... Thats very close to Gauley season, be ready to see thousands of kayaks and rafters.

cant wait. :D

popo
12-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bonnie Hamrick
I am just glad they took away Mount Morris. That track is getting way too old and worn out. The GNCC's did a good thing moving it. Now it looks like only one race per state, except Ohio has two. That's diversity.

Bonnie, I am sure us Ohio boys would gladly give up that crap hole Milfield, Ohio for Mt.Morris anyday...... unless they named it after Joey.

12-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Bonnie, I am sure us Ohio boys would gladly give up that crap hole Milfield, Ohio for Mt.Morris anyday...... unless they named it after Joey.

What kinda crap you smoking?????? I would rather run the penton as muddy as it was last year than go back to Mt. Morris with perfect conditions!

popo
12-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
What kinda crap you smoking?????? I would rather run the penton as muddy as it was last year than go back to Mt. Morris with perfect conditions!

Shut up you bonehead......:blah: Just cause you took out a new section of woods playing Evil Knevil..... MT.Morris has ten times the amount of pit parking space than the Penton.

Pappy
12-22-2003, 12:23 PM
i dislike the penton. dust one year ....mud the next:mad: i havent ever been there when its nice out. what did that area do to deserve such crappy weather:confused: :p

popo
12-22-2003, 12:27 PM
what did that area do to deserve such crappy weather:confused: :p

People like GNCCer wanting to go back thar. :blah:

12-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Just cause you took out a new section of woods playing Evil Knevil..... MT.Morris has ten times the amount of pit parking space than the Penton.

NO NO NO you idiot your on the wrong side of the rode that was Taylortown. Which is an OK track.

Have you ever raced at the mt morris aka Hi point track.

If there is good weather at the penton it is not a bad track! you can't hate the track just because of what weather wants to do!

popo
12-22-2003, 12:56 PM
NO NO NO you idiot your on the wrong side of the rode that was Taylortown. Which is an OK track.

Have you ever raced at the mt morris aka Hi point track.

If there is good weather at the penton it is not a bad track! you can't hate the track just because of what weather wants to do!

O your a tuff guy behind a computer screen uh! lol. When is the last time there was a good race at the Penton???? Yup I ran Hi-point on my craptor the year before and loved it.

But I think this new track might be another Black Water..

12-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Penton
2003 MUDDY
2002 DUSTY
2001 little dusty no as bad
2000 Perfect conditions

joedirt
12-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Mt Morris is awesome. Not alot of rocks. fast, rough some hills. It really is the fastest man wins track. I had nothing but great times racing there.

12-22-2003, 01:20 PM
popo you and I have never seen eye to eye. you have always been just over a foot shorter. As for being behind a computor heck I will talk smack to your face too! :D lol

popo
12-22-2003, 01:29 PM
popo you and I have never seen eye to eye. you have always been just over a foot shorter. As for being behind a computor heck I will talk smack to your face too! :D lol

Oh ya, I aint skeerd.... my dad can beat your dad up.

12-22-2003, 01:35 PM
OH really???? I am will to take that challange!! even though my dad has had two hips and one knee replaced I think he still has some fight left in him! and he has a donkey that will kick you arse

popo
12-22-2003, 01:40 PM
and he has a donkey that will kick you arse

Now, we all know why u are soo UGLY! :p :p :D

Bonnie Cook
12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
I don' t know boyz, I am jumping back in this fight. Penton - SUCKS. NO parking plus, the weather does suck. But Mt. Morris is rough. I hated racing there. Two years ago, it was a mud fest too!!! Not as bad as Penton though. I don't think I have ever seen EXTREME WEATHER anywhere like the Penton. Let's just stick to NEITHER of them!!!

12-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Now bonnie i thought I made myself clear!!!!!!!!!! Just because the weather is bad dosn't mean the track is bad! I will hand it to you that there is not much parking at the penton, but being on pro row you don't have to worrie about that now do you?

Wingnut
12-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Bonnie Hamrick
I am just glad they took away Mount Morris. That track is getting way too old and worn out. The GNCC's did a good thing moving it.

Ridden a Mid East track lately?

holeshot19
12-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
Ridden a Mid East track lately? i would like to know also:mad:

bradley300
12-23-2003, 12:35 AM
i like the penton. if your gonna complain about weather, sounds like you need to be in a different sport, isnt xc racing about overcoming obstacles?

besides, my two best finishes are both at millfield

quadman21
12-23-2003, 05:50 AM
Ridden a Mid East track lately?

I'll "third" that!

popo
12-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i like the pentonif your gonna comlain about weather, sounds like you need to be in a different sport, isnt xc racing about overcoming obstaclees?

besides, my two best finishes are both at millfield

You need to fix your spelling first..... comlain ???

We are mainly complaining about the lack of pit space and past weather conditions.... & it's getting old racing there. Ya cliff hanger.

Smokey
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
I rode the very first Burr Oaks( John Penton) and have been to every one since . Sure for the most part we either get mud or dust but there has been a couple nice ones that was about right ,its been a while but there was some . I like both High Point and Burr Oaks, Burr Oaks is close to home and a good woods track and high Point was just fun .the only track left now that Big Dave started is Tenn. and none of them are like they should be they are all WAY TO FAST , we have went from woods races to 2 hour wide open motocrosses and thats what we all sound like when we complain about the dust and mud . Are you GNCC racers that can take anything or are we whinny MX'ers that dont want to ride in the mud or dust ???

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Smokey, wasn't that first Burr Oaks race in 92? I was there and have it on video, there was no motorcross track only a big grassy field. I believe the late Jason Brown won that day.

300exOH
12-23-2003, 11:02 AM
If you want good weather don't race Ohio! LOL

Unless you like battleship grey skies and mud. Now you guys know how us ohio trail riders feel all the time.

It's good to see that more races are being added to the circuit.

They should rename the Penton for Joey Kish. I really think he was shafted by not getting the podium.

Smokey
12-23-2003, 12:27 PM
The first Burr Oaks was 1990 ..there was no Mx track and was nothing ther then that is now . It was one of the last races that year and if I rememeber right Bob ( The Ironman) Sloan won with Chucky D in second and it was a muddy race then too. I raced the C class and got 3rd ..my first GNCC plaque.. The series has grown sooooooooooooooooooooo much since then , back then 150 riders was a good turnout . Now look at it , The Jeff and his dad Howard has made alot of changes there and it keeps getting better with more and more room .....

mc250r
12-23-2003, 02:18 PM
speaking of the old days, how about the pioneer in waterford OH.
that was a fun track. it still is when they run their D-11 race. too bad there is no parking.

coorsinmyc-bak
12-23-2003, 06:37 PM
i live about 20 mins. above millfield.i think that track is a ***** hole.i usually wont even run millfield at the d-11 races.its way worn out.