PDA

View Full Version : trade a dale for an R?

lil400exman
12-20-2003, 03:06 PM
well i am wondering should i trade my modded R for a modded dale? its got plus 3 arms moto map and hmf exhaust cut fenders hood delete's and pep ZPS all around and axle spacers in the back..........my R has limited mass all around and all Ac stuff new calipers and stainless steel lines new oem brake pads re-welded frame and pc'ed new chain sliders and all new bushings on machine new tranny new pipe and silncer new rad valve new tires and rims new maier plastics and many many other things. He wants to even trade.............what do you all think?:)

sprtrx300ex
12-20-2003, 03:13 PM
I'd keep the R ........... ;)

12-20-2003, 03:14 PM
keep the r

310Rduner
12-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
I'd keep the R ........... ;)

For sure;)

Punk'd
12-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
keep the r

Amen;)

Butters
12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
yeah keep the r. why get rid of a honda anyways.

toby400ex
12-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Butters
yeah keep the r. why get rid of a honda anyways. Exactly

JTRtrx250r
12-20-2003, 07:40 PM
R!!!:grr:

Cody_300ex
12-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Keep tha R if ya dont you'll regret it.;)

cdalejef
12-21-2003, 08:41 AM
After racing a 250R for 14 years then switching to a Dale, I'll never own another 250R again!

YamaWarr0121
12-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Get the dale, ive ridden plenty of R's over time and not one compares to my cannibal/moto

gibson400ex
12-21-2003, 08:52 AM
get the dale!!!!you wont regret it! the power of a 4 stroke! aahhhh! Yes!

cheetah
12-21-2003, 09:13 AM
At least ride the dale and give it a chance. I love mine and would not have anything else at this point, but I have never ridden a 250r to compare to.

lil400exman
12-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
At least ride the dale and give it a chance. I love mine and would not have anything else at this point, but I have never ridden a 250r to compare to.
thanks for the reply...........last time i rode a dale was a FX400 way back when it first came out and i liked it but its been ahwile so i dunno i like both machine's alot..........:(

gibson400ex
12-21-2003, 09:23 AM
it's got zps all around and +3 a-arms go with it not dising the 250r it's just i would trade for the dale if i was in your situation

lil400exman
12-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
it's got zps all around and +3 a-arms go with it not dising the 250r it's just i would trade for the dale if i was in your situation

my R doesnt have plus 3's cause its for woods but other than that mines got more money/mods into it so i dunno............

gibson400ex
12-21-2003, 10:17 AM
no i meant the dale has it cuz you said that in the first post........

lil400exman
12-21-2003, 10:24 AM
no i meant the dale has it cuz you said that in the first post........
yeah but what i am sayin is my R actually has more mods but i dunno really........:p

gibson400ex
12-21-2003, 10:25 AM
well ask the guy if you can try his cannondale if you liek it trade him fi you dont , dont trade him

lil400exman
12-21-2003, 02:56 PM
well ask the guy if you can try his cannondale if you liek it trade him fi you dont , dont trade him
only thing is that he is in california and i am in ohio......:(

Glow Plug
12-21-2003, 03:37 PM
if it were me I would keep the R and that would be becasue I live in canada and there are no cdale dealers in Canada so parts would be a bit*h. But if I lived by a dealer I would go for the dale if its set up for what you need :)

good luck

cheetah
12-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Well your not going to find any dealers anywhere seeing as they are out of business. It's a trade off you must be willing to make. A high performance race ready quad with a little bit longer parts turnaround. As far as parts, they are being reproduced so don't let that scare you. Just do preventive maintenance and get all the updates and you should have no problems. If your in Ohio, the Quadshop is pretty close so there is one source of cdale parts nearby. As for mods, the dale has a lot of what other bikes call mods stock. It all boils down to whether you want a four stroke or stick to the 2 stroke. I will tell fuel injection is simply amazing and has to be one of my favorite aspects of the bike. Ultimately though make sure it's what you want, they have come a long way since the FX400 and I'm almost sure you would love one, but don't let anybody talk you into something that is all the way on the other side of the country because once you have it, your stuck. Make sure the bike is what the guy is advertising and in good shape and make a decision. Good luck.

gibson400ex
12-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Well your not going to find any dealers anywhere seeing as they are out of business. It's a trade off you must be willing to make. A high performance race ready quad with a little bit longer parts turnaround. As far as parts, they are being reproduced so don't let that scare you. Just do preventive maintenance and get all the updates and you should have no problems. If your in Ohio, the Quadshop is pretty close so there is one source of cdale parts nearby. As for mods, the dale has a lot of what other bikes call mods stock. It all boils down to whether you want a four stroke or stick to the 2 stroke. I will tell fuel injection is simply amazing and has to be one of my favorite aspects of the bike. Ultimately though make sure it's what you want, they have come a long way since the FX400 and I'm almost sure you would love one, but don't let anybody talk you into something that is all the way on the other side of the country because once you have it, your stuck. Make sure the bike is what the guy is advertising and in good shape and make a decision. Good luck.

ya there are parts....still available for instance the quadshop,atk.....and a bunch of people

Glow Plug
12-21-2003, 04:29 PM

theres still a ton of cdale dealers in the states