PDA

View Full Version : how to make front equal rear, help!

300EXrider02
12-20-2003, 01:33 PM
alright heres the deal, I got a +4 LSR axle coming for the 300ex, and well I have stock 400 arms up front, I sure as hell dont want to purchase +2 arms because I am not made of money.... Sooooo I need to get offset front rims, I am thinking 3:2 (which would be 1.5" more on each side right??) This set-up is just for MX so bumpsteer is not a big problem

BUT

When I race XC, I am going to put my stock wheels on, that have 22" razrs, but that makes the front much smaller than the rear....

so cut the bull**** my actual question is....

can you flip the rear wheels to -4" off the rear, I know the rears are offset for a wider stance, so when I ride cant i just flip the rears so I dont have to adj the axle when I wanna ride XC?
does it make the wheels weak? what is the problem if any, that makes this hard? what is the offset of the rears, would this take off too much?

thank a lot for anyone that can help me, if you have trouble understanding me, ask, because I really need help now.

cdalejef
12-20-2003, 02:33 PM
The axle itself is adjustable!

300EXrider02
12-20-2003, 02:45 PM
ya but how much work and what needs to be done to change from +4 to regular or +2? thanks

Chanman420q
12-20-2003, 04:44 PM
theres a spacer, take the rear wheels off, then take the hubs off, there should be a spacer right there, take the spacer off, then put the hub on. then that spacer. then tighten the hub down and put ur tires back on

250rpilot
12-20-2003, 06:19 PM
it will take you 3 times longer to flip your rims than it will to adjust your axle

300expower
12-21-2003, 06:26 PM
juste put the hubs with the rims on the other side

guys do this at the drags

Chef
12-21-2003, 06:45 PM
It takes all of 5 minutes to adjust the axle. Just get a long extension for your half inch drive and the right socket, and just take the nut off the axle without taking the wheel off the hub. Really simple.

Guy400
12-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Chef
It takes all of 5 minutes to adjust the axle. Just get a long extension for your half inch drive and the right socket, and just take the nut off the axle without taking the wheel off the hub. Really simple. Now this guy's cookin' with bacon :macho

When you get your axle in it'll all make sense. To adjust your axle all you have to do is remove the cotter pin and castle nut on the end of the axle. Slide the entire hub off (with the rim still bolted on), remove the spacers and put the rim back on. You only have to remove two nuts to adjust the axle where you'd have to remove 10 nuts to flip your rims.

300EXrider02
12-22-2003, 04:53 PM
oh I get, I thought it was a big deal to change the length, thanks a lot for your help, I am ordering 2:3 offset fronts and a +4 axle, the front already has 400ex a-arms, So I think it will even out well.....

2:3 is 3 outside and 2 inside right? about 1.5" more on each side? I am thinking that is too much, about 6" ....maybe I am retarded

or should I get 3:2, making it about 1" wider total, and the front is already about 1" wider with the 400ex a-arms, only making it 2" wider, the axle is +2+4 and wider is better, but why buy a +2+4 axle and not use it when on a track? I dont think that would be enough width..........
any input from someone who knows what I am talking about would be great....

thanks a lot