PDA

View Full Version : What are youngins like me able to race?

Jaro
12-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Howdy,
I really would like to know what classes i am able to race in for atvs. I will be 14 in March 2004, im 5 9"... so I am a little big for like a LT 80....hahaha.....What divisions can i race in??? I hope you guys can answer my question...Please

quadchick3
12-20-2003, 11:00 AM
A good class for you to race in is a blaster class/youth production

in youth prod. you can race a 250ex, blaster, or 300ex
in a blaster class you can race a blaster duh lol

racerx573
12-20-2003, 11:58 AM
If you are 5' 9" I would recommend the 300EX, however...if you plan on racing nationals, I would hold out and wait til you are 16. I was that big at age 13-14, I got my 250R when I was 14. I say get a 250R, 400EX, of YFZ and race non-sanctioned events, or race sanctioned ones and lie about your age like I did, it's the only way to get anywhere in this sport these days, without dumping a ton of money into an inferior machine and the having to get rid of it in less than 2 years. Modded 250R's go cheap, and so do EX's, but it looks like production is where it's going. If you're gonna race just locally, get a nice 250R.

brian-250
12-20-2003, 05:38 PM
you live around IN-70 towards the IN border?

quadjockey440
12-20-2003, 07:58 PM
i am 15 and i am only 5'7 i race a yfz450 and woop on guy way bigger than me. all you have to do is make the 14 look alot like a 16 thats all. if your 5'9 you'll have no prob passing as 16. if you get a blaster or 300ex you'll be holding your self back, get a real bike like a yfz or trx 450. if its local you'll have no problem being 14 because they dont check if its a national it a little harder.
i am 5'7, 117lb and i have no problem.
go to

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288300171

thats mainly my bike but theres some pictures of me at glamis, no race photos yet. you have to be a imagestation

quadchick3
12-20-2003, 08:32 PM
lets keep in mind that hes still 13 you guys

roostin_dale
12-20-2003, 08:42 PM
I was 13 when I bought my Cannondale. Just takes hard work to make the money and alot of skill to ride it.

I am almost 15 and im 6'1 175lbs and I race my 250X in youth production.

Even if your not racing nationals buy one and race youth production at local tracks. Kids dont usually show up but the tracks will usually put me in the "B" class. I think that is your best bet.

Dont cheat the ATVA and lie about your age...thats bullchit for the people that do. Plus you can get suspended for a minimum of a year.

12-20-2003, 09:19 PM
i'm about rdy to turn 15 also...and my bike is as listed below...i am 6' 2'' and 130 pounds...very light and tall...perfect rider :D ...i was wondering about this also...i can pass for 16 easily...they would be AMA events...and i would be in either the B or A class...would it be a good idea?

roostin_dale
12-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i'm about rdy to turn 15 also...and my bike is as listed below...i am 6' 2'' and 130 pounds...very light and tall...perfect rider :D ...i was wondering about this also...i can pass for 16 easily...they would be AMA events...and i would be in either the B or A class...would it be a good idea?

It pisses me off to see people cheat the ATVA or AMA. Race within the age limits. Either wait till your 16 or buy a youth production quad!

12-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
It pisses me off to see people cheat the ATVA or AMA. Race within the age limits. Either wait till your 16 or buy a youth production quad!

for 1...dont be pissed off cuz kids under 16 can smoke u in AMA or ATVA events...there shouldnt be limits newayz...all u should need is parent permission...and for 2...i dont want a little small ***** quad like a blaster...u think a 6' 2'' kid is gonna fit on a blaster...hell no

westcoastmxer
12-20-2003, 09:39 PM
im j/turnin 14 and race a modded 300ex in blaster class..thats the class u nead to be in.

ILGNCC400EX
12-20-2003, 09:41 PM
what will happen is u will get protetsed if u win then u b sol

12-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
what will happen is u will get protetsed if u win then u b sol

huh? lol...i am gonna protest and c if they will let me in with parental permission...hopefully they will

roostin_dale
12-20-2003, 10:05 PM
for 1...dont be pissed off cuz kids under 16 can smoke u in AMA or ATVA events...there shouldnt be limits newayz...all u should need is parent permission...and for 2...i dont want a little small ***** quad like a blaster...u think a 6' 2'' kid is gonna fit on a blaster...hell no

for 1..i AM under 16 and i have won in the "B" class on a 250x..trust me that im fast..and most likley faster than you.

I am 6'1 and i ride a 250x...not that bad. So yea you can fit on a blaster.

The reason i get mad is becasue people in the ATVA try so hard to give us a nice enough program like this and people dont even give 2 ****s about the rules!

12-20-2003, 10:09 PM
for 1..i AM under 16 and i have won in the "B" class on a 250x..trust me that im fast..and most likley faster than you.

I am 6'1 and i ride a 250x...not that bad. So yea you can fit on a blaster.

The reason i get mad is becasue people in the ATVA try so hard to give us a nice enough program like this and people dont even give 2 ****s about the rules!

u think ur faster then i am lol...ok ill race u netime...ill be at my house waiting for u to stop by...we can race...and im not gonna get on no pos blaster...i think ur jus mad cuz u dont have a big quad lol :blah: ...and its not that i dont care about the rules...its that they should at least let kids under 16 in with parental permission that is my problem

racerx573
12-20-2003, 10:16 PM
roostin_dale, not all tracks have a youth production class. Typically most tracks run a couple skill classes, or 2/4 stroke classes for quads. And I do not see why you would be mad when someone who has a lot of potential on a bigger machine lies about their age. I would not even be close to the level I am at, if I stayed on an LT80 til I was 16. I would have just turned 16 when they passed the rules for the youth classes, for the kids to be able to ride blasters and stuff. And remember, that the ATVA does not set these age limits, I forget which govt. agency it is. But the ATVA fought hard to get the youth and air cooled age rules changed.

quadchick3
12-20-2003, 10:35 PM
the bottom line is, the people underage need to get quads that are ment for them according to the atva rules. and if you cant get one, just suck it up take this time to practice so you can be amazing and race when your 16:devil: :devil:

12-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
the bottom line is, the people underage need to get quads that are ment for them according to the atva rules. and if you cant get one, just suck it up take this time to practice so you can be amazing and race when your 16:devil: :devil:

either that or u could lie and beat everyone older then you and be amazing when ur below 16 :blah: :p :devil:

im gonna call and ask for parental approval...see if i can get that...hopefully i can

quadchick3
12-20-2003, 10:51 PM
either that or u could lie and beat everyone older then you and be amazing when ur below 16 :blah: :p :devil:

im gonna call and ask for parental approval...see if i can get that...hopefully i can

NO THAT WOULD JUST MAKE YOU COCKY

12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
NO THAT WOULD JUST MAKE YOU COCKY

ok i guess im cocky then lol...im cocky cuz i race against people that are older then me...ya that must be it :blah: :macho

quadjockey440
12-21-2003, 11:41 PM
i am with XxHonda_RacerxX the rest of you dont have any clue to what real racing is. i'll take any one of you open "B" class at glen helen 7-8 for the atva natioal. if you look you will see it says "B" because i race novice. that means i am better than all the people in the begginer class. why am i novice in the big boy class because i did not get some little tiny quad that feels like you are riding a 2 year olds tricicle instead i got the bike that fits my size.

and miss quadchick3 the only reason those bikes have "recomended" age limits is because stupid people from the 80s put little tiny tiny kid on a full size 3 wheeler. then of corse the infant crashed and the parents sued for there own stupidity and hurt all the companys. that age limit transfered from the companys to the ama or atva. you can continue to race the little kid class me and XxHonda_RacerxX are going to race the mans class. 15/cali rode trx250r from 10-13 c-dale 13-14 yfz 15-

quadjockey440
12-21-2003, 11:57 PM
hey XxHonda_RacerxX Rosten-Dale said he has a c-dale but races a 250x. what a lamo. are you coming to the national in cali at glen helen. we should race the same class. and if some one protest well jump them after race j/k. but we could both team up and fight the protest. plus my 15 looks alot like 16. i dont have a id that says date of birth and how takes birth certificate to the track. we could say were freinds from school and back each other up about being 16. thats it thats the one. the one that will make quadchick and rosten-dale come to protest and not even race.
let me know if you are going though.

12-22-2003, 09:00 AM
nah man i aint going to that race...long drive for me...im in kansas...im only doing the local races in missouri...the hare scrambles there...but they are both ama and atva events...so really we would be fighting the same thing...i can help you out if your trying to fight that tho...i need to find out the number of the people...i can make a petition with like over 300 signatures and send it to them telling them to change it

roostin_dale
12-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by quadjockey440
hey XxHonda_RacerxX Rosten-Dale said he has a c-dale but races a 250x. what a lamo. are you coming to the national in cali at glen helen. we should race the same class. and if some one protest well jump them after race j/k. but we could both team up and fight the protest. plus my 15 looks alot like 16. i dont have a id that says date of birth and how takes birth certificate to the track. we could say were freinds from school and back each other up about being 16. thats it thats the one. the one that will make quadchick and rosten-dale come to protest and not even race.
let me know if you are going though.

first off...you are the only person i know that calls people a Lamo! jackass.

I do have a cannondale and race a Curtis Sparks 300cc stroker 250x. Beacause i am not legal to race my cannodale. If you dont believe me come to one of the east coast nationals and watch me race bud. And i bet if i raced you on my 250x i would still win....

roostin_dale
12-22-2003, 10:35 AM
i am with XxHonda_RacerxX the rest of you dont have any clue to what real racing is. i'll take any one of you open "B" class at glen helen 7-8 for the atva natioal. if you look you will see it says "B" because i race novice. that means i am better than all the people in the begginer class. why am i novice in the big boy class because i did not get some little tiny quad that feels like you are riding a 2 year olds tricicle instead i got the bike that fits my size.

and miss quadchick3 the only reason those bikes have "recomended" age limits is because stupid people from the 80s put little tiny tiny kid on a full size 3 wheeler. then of corse the infant crashed and the parents sued for there own stupidity and hurt all the companys. that age limit transfered from the companys to the ama or atva. you can continue to race the little kid class me and XxHonda_RacerxX are going to race the mans class. 15/cali rode trx250r from 10-13 c-dale 13-14 yfz 15-

And i do know what real racing is...I HAVE raced my cannondale some too. If no one shows up at for the 13-15 yr old class they let me run my cannondale in the mens classes.

12-22-2003, 10:37 AM

I do have a cannondale and race a Curtis Sparks 300cc stroker 250x. Beacause i am not legal to race my cannodale. If you dont believe me come to one of the east coast nationals and watch me race bud. And i bet if i raced you on my 250x i would still win....

LOL...ill race u netime on ur lil 250x...grow some pu**s kid...please...:rolleyes:...and for 2 there is no cussing aloud on this forum...that goes with your use of the word jack***...just because someone makes a rule doesnt mean it cant be changed...thats what we want...maybe the people who dont want it cant hang with the bigger guys...or maybe they are the people who's parents are stupid enough to let their 7 year old kid on a raptor with no helmet or any protective gear only later to sue the company...or maybe they themselves ride with no helmet only to get severly injured...this is y there are age limits...these are the exact reasons...maybe ur parents let you do this...i don't kno...but if you take the right precautions and explain to them y you want to race in the ama or atva...i really dont think they would have a problem with it...which is exactly what we want

gibson400ex
12-22-2003, 01:22 PM

you must be on crack:huh you gonna beat quadjockey's yfz?no exactly, if you are dedicated to the sport and love it lie your age.....if someone tells on you then that shows that the person who told on you is either jealous you won or is a dick!

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 03:53 PM
first hahaha.....this is a funny argument. second you mite want to lissen what 3 other people are telling you.we are all pritty much saying the same thing just in our own ways.

just fly out here like superman and you can ride one of our other bikes.lol....or i geuss i could fly out there and ride a 250x like rosten-dale.lolololol.... :D

got to http://www.imagestation.com/album/id=4288300171
must be a member. then tell me if you think your bike will have a chance. rosted-dale i mean rosten-dale.
i am done i feel bad enough for making fun, later

gibson400ex
12-22-2003, 04:44 PM
quadjockey440 nice bikes!:eek2:

4wheelboy
12-22-2003, 08:15 PM
LOL...ill race u netime on ur lil 250x...grow some pu**s kid...please...

how bout u race his dale!. people that argue on the internet are as reatarted as the people that made the 90cc 16 rule:rolleyes:

ohh and lil 250x i no some 300s and 250s that will hand u your arse.

12-22-2003, 08:42 PM
ill race a dale...had no problem blowing away blazes and motos at the dunes...and i doubt u kno any 300 or 250 people that could beat me...unless they are 250r or 300r...then possibly...but no 300ex or 250ex or 250x could beat me...impossible

quadchick3
12-22-2003, 09:17 PM
quadjockey440, are you calling womens bc (gnc) a 'little kid class' then?

12-22-2003, 09:24 PM
quadjockey440, are you calling womens bc (gnc) a 'little kid class' then?

wow...that was out of the blue:huh ...lol

roostin_dale
12-22-2003, 09:52 PM
4wheelboy..thats the point i was trying to make..thank you.

now i say we stop arguing cuz i think its lame as hell to argue with someone i dont even know.

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 10:58 PM
rostin-dale your sig makes me lol. at least you know. but all you have to do is re-read this form and you'll know why.j/k

quadchick please, i am finished fighting you. how old are any ways?where do you live?can i get your number?j/k you and roostin-dale should hook up. you would make a better couple.

and thanks gibson400ex thats where all my money and love goes.
and some love goes to quadchick to.j/k please dont hunt me down and kill me. i dident mean it, really. o well i will see you guys in heven. new i shouldent have put down where i live.dang!!!!!!! see ya

12-22-2003, 11:01 PM
rostin-dale your sig makes me lol. at least you know. but all you have to do is re-read this form and you'll know why.j/k

quadchick please, i am finished fighting you. how old are any ways?where do you live?can i get your number?j/k you and roostin-dale should hook up. you would make a better couple.

and some love goes to quadchick to.j/k please dont hunt me down and kill me. i dident mean it, really. o well i will see you guys in heven. new i shouldent have put down where i live.dang!!!!!!! see ya

LMAO!!! :D :p

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 11:07 PM
YOUR THE LAMO FOR NOT TYPING LAMO RIGHT!!!!!!

12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
YOUR THE LAMO FOR NOT TYPING LAMO RIGHT!!!!!!

laughing @$$ my off? lol :blah:

roostin_dale
12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
ummm.....

LMAO means =Laugh My @$$ Off

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 11:27 PM
SAY IT TO YOUR SELF. LMAO DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT L"A"MO
"A" MEANS SAY THE LETTER NOT SOUND. PLUS IT REALLY MEANS
LOOK AT MY OOPS. OOPS. " LAME O" IS WHAT IT REALLY MEANS
LIKE WHEN YOU WANT TO CALL SOME ONE A JA** @** BUT YOUR MOM IS RITE THERE. WHAT THEY DID WAS LAME SO YOU CALL NOT A BREVIAT THEM A LAMO.

12-22-2003, 11:30 PM
SAY IT TO YOUR SELF. LMAO DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT L"A"MO
"A" MEANS SAY THE LETTER NOT SOUND. PLUS IT REALLY MEANS
LOOK AT MY OOPS. OOPS. " LAME O" IS WHAT IT REALLY MEANS
LIKE WHEN YOU WANT TO CALL SOME ONE A JA** @** BUT YOUR MOM IS RITE THERE. WHAT THEY DID WAS LAME SO YOU CALL NOT A BREVIAT THEM A LAMO.

ok for 1...wtf :huh lol...and for 2...mr roostin dale hated by 95% of exriders...i hate u :blah: lol

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 11:35 PM
plus lamo could mean,
look @** muncher octupus
look anal muncher octupus
look anus muncher octupus
l . a . m . o

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 11:37 PM
hehehehehe........................................ ..
lololololololol................................... .......
j/kj/kj/kj/kj/k..........................................
hahahahaha........................................ ..
o well just being bored

quadjockey440
12-22-2003, 11:40 PM
show pic of your bike roosted-dale i need a good laugh.j/k

gibson400ex
12-23-2003, 07:31 AM

Same here i read about atv's. on this site and other atv sites, working somtimes......all my money goes to atv's.......and that is all i think about

12-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
Same here i read about atv's. on this site and other atv sites, working somtimes......all my money goes to atv's.......and that is all i think about

me 2 :D

roostin_dale
12-23-2003, 10:03 AM
show pic of your bike roosted-dale i need a good laugh.j/k

No problem bud...im not going to argue anymore so give it up;)

and just so ya know i have a quadtech seat cover and a Houser Swingarm on the way.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p1e3395f29f9551f407936fa94149619e/faa07e8c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p5e40aa6b819e07a606a96b0f18d95c69/faa07e90.jpg

Here are current pics of my 250x...after winter it will have 400ex +2+1 a-arms and 400ex TCS shocks, Fullbore fenders, red frame, raptor rear shock with rezzie, new seat cover, New axle, IMS gas tank and anything else i think it needs.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pe2559035fc67778074e1a77def4eb3fb/fa8d173a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p2da1791801b552d8d32385daf9db562a/fa8d173e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p9aa30a1098606ac2bd08dfda6f3fc3f1/faa0603b.jpg

Jaro
12-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey,
Well I have decided on racing the Blaster.....Course it will have a good bit of things done to it. Good news I'm going to get sponsored by VCA.....Valley Cycle Accessories......Racing the blaster:) Ive done a ton of research and im pretty sure that is what im going with......:devil:

gibson400ex
12-23-2003, 06:09 PM
what are your mods you gonna do to it?

12-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Jaro
Hey,
Well I have decided on racing the Blaster.....Course it will have a good bit of things done to it. Good news I'm going to get sponsored by VCA.....Valley Cycle Accessories......Racing the blaster:) Ive done a ton of research and im pretty sure that is what im going with......:devil:

what is VCA's site

Jaro
12-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey you guys have aim or yahoo mine is

Aim J90123
yahoo J_90123

The page is

WWW.VCATV.com

4wheelboy
12-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Jaro
[B]Hey you guys have aim or yahoo mine is

Aim J90123
yahoo J_90123

The page is
]

mines lilrebel760 i.m me any time;)

Out_Sider
12-23-2003, 09:15 PM
ok......i just got one question. Who's this dude that thinks his 416 is somin special? I've beat a couple 416's in 300ft drags, and i tied (actually lost by a tenth of a second) against a 440 (just sleeve and piston, no cam or nothin). but anyway w/e dude. Good choice on usin a blaster. you can make thos thangs go without much dough. ;)

12-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
ok......i just got one question. Who's this dude that thinks his 416 is somin special? I've beat a couple 416's in 300ft drags, and i tied (actually lost by a tenth of a second) against a 440 (just sleeve and piston, no cam or nothin). but anyway w/e dude. Good choice on usin a blaster. you can make thos thangs go without much dough. ;)

i think my 416 is pretty special :D :devil:

Jaro
12-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Hey,
I really dont know what I can race Im looking all over everyday....

quadchick3
12-25-2003, 06:15 PM

i need to start checking this topic more, i keep slacking. anyways i wasnt fightin in the first place dude lol as for me, im 16 and i live in ohio honestly im really nice, just when people critisize me and give me shiot, i tend to get a bit b****y. but hey its all good:D