PDA

View Full Version : Rear Axil

3x440ex
12-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Does anybody know what the finish is on the stock rear axil....i made a mistake and cleaned it with acid and now the protective finish is gone and it is rusting....i plan on taking it off and redoing it.... Thanks

Pappy
12-20-2003, 08:27 AM
not much you can do now except keep it wiped down with wd-40. you may be able to find a place down there that will parkerize it. it will look like the factory cdale axle but wont rust anymore:p

3x440ex
12-20-2003, 08:46 AM
thanks for the quick response pappy...this sucks, don't use acid to clean anything on your quad. it will look like new for the first day but then it will look like crap....

Pappy
12-20-2003, 09:40 AM
for a temporary fix...get a fine wire wheel and polish it. then apply a good coat of aluminum polish(it aint aluminum but will work) never dull seems to do ok. dont sweat too much....i polished mine and it rusted so the acid just sped up the process...lol

3x440ex
12-23-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks...i'll give that a shot. if you're ever back down this way, give me a shout, i found over a couple thousand acres of land to ride on... awesome wide open trails, open fields, creek beds. thanks again and merry Christmas.