View Full Version : sponsership but not racing?

Martin Blair
12-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Well i have a friend that got sponsered be a few companies including ppc, i just dont get it, he ahs never raced. So how does that work?

JUSTINcredible
12-19-2003, 09:57 PM
chances are he isnt getting anything to great

ThyJuGGaLo
12-19-2003, 10:09 PM
so you can get sponcered being a first timer or not going to race?

12-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Its promotional, makes the kid feel good about himself, and exposure for the company, you don't get deals until you've proven yourself.

Martin Blair
12-19-2003, 10:51 PM
hes talking alot he said he can get full top of line elkas for 1200, nd the new pepe that rtail for 1600 for 900, i think they a little bs invloded, but if tht ture wht are they compnies thinking?

toby400ex
12-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
hes talking alot he said he can get full top of line elkas for 1200, nd the new pepe that rtail for 1600 for 900, i think they a little bs invloded, but if tht ture wht are they compnies thinking? People talk, but i wouldnt beleive him.

12-19-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
hes talking alot he said he can get full top of line elkas for 1200, nd the new pepe that rtail for 1600 for 900, i think they a little bs invloded, but if tht ture wht are they compnies thinking?

I'm sure there isn't 100% truth to that.

Guy400
12-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Money talks and bull**** walks. I wouldn't sweat it until you see a full set of PEP's on his quad and he shows you the receipt reflecting he only paid $900.

tants
12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
I have never raced a District class race; Besides messing around on the tracks and going to nearly every open practice, I have yet to have actually "raced." My resume states this, that I never raced (but I will be racing this spring) and I stated in the resume how hard it's being a teenager and work with the little time you have with school and all, and trying to compete in one of the most money drawn sports (quad motocross racing). All the companies that offerd me sponsorship respected this, and all stated how they would love to help a young racer get on his feet by offering discounts, and so on; But yes, after racing just one season and sending in your resume with the results will get you a greater chance at a sponsorship along with beter discounts/deals. Just sending a resume to a company saying your a weekend warrior and dont plan on racing, I dont see how a company would benefit off you, and further more wouldn't offer you a sponsorship...

Once again thanks to my '04 sponsors:
Nacs Racing
AC Racing
PPC
BAP

:D

cdalejef
12-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Don't forget, everyone on this site is sponcered by the site sponcers!

toby400ex
12-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Don't forget, everyone on this site is sponcered by the site sponcers! HA:o

redroost85
12-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Wow, I wish I could set up deals like that.:rolleyes:

My sponsors are mainly tech type help, ability to purchase discount parts, etc..

There is a company that is actually paying me ($) to race. I have to do a fair amount of promo for this guy though. He has a roll-off dumpster business and would like to tap into the people that come to the racetracks. He is even leting me use a company truck to haul my ride to the tracks too! My s-10 will be forever grateful for that, lol!

That has come at the end of a lot of work though. I had to prove to him that I have ability to finish upfront and represent well....thank goodness 6th in points was good enough, lol!:D

MXcutie
12-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by tants
I have never raced a District class race; Besides messing around on the tracks and going to nearly every open practice, I have yet to have actually "raced." My resume states this, that I never raced (but I will be racing this spring) and I stated in the resume how hard it's being a teenager and work with the little time you have with school and all, and trying to compete in one of the most money drawn sports (quad motocross racing). All the companies that offerd me sponsorship respected this, and all stated how they would love to help a young racer get on his feet by offering discounts, and so on; But yes, after racing just one season and sending in your resume with the results will get you a greater chance at a sponsorship along with beter discounts/deals. Just sending a resume to a company saying your a weekend warrior and dont plan on racing, I dont see how a company would benefit off you, and further more wouldn't offer you a sponsorship...

Once again thanks to my '04 sponsors:
Nacs Racing
AC Racing
PPC
BAP

:D

I have to agree with this... if you state what he said most of the companies out there want to help you get on your feet and get you out int he sport they make their money off of... anybody out there can send in a resume... it never really does state that you actually have to race your quad or bike... but here is the deal... why dont you ask your friend to look at what he sent into these companies to get sponsored by them and see if what he wrote was a pile of BS or if it was the truth... then you'll know what's goin on... also ask for the letters and the paper work they sent him... and if he wont show ya then you know that he's BSing ya... that's just my advice

Narly R
12-20-2003, 08:14 PM
I got sponsered before, I raced. I said how i am starting (which i was0 and need some help and that stuff, I got stuff at their cost and stuff. THANKS UPP. Then I have a couple other sponsers too, little places. I am going to race more before I go to like Fullbore, and maybe lrd and stuff. But just make a resume, WONT HURT! But dont be like, ohh I dont race but I trail ride with friends, you will need to race.

hondarider2006
12-20-2003, 09:08 PM
I really want to race this up coming season...but seeing as how I am only 15, its pretty hard to get a job, and pay for stuff. I was going to look into sponceres, and looked around here a little. I went and talked to the main dealer here in town, and they said that they didn't sponcer quads.....which I think is $hit. Would people out of state sponcer me by any chance? Or do the people need to be in state?