PDA

View Full Version : works (which type)

EXrider03
12-19-2003, 09:07 PM
im getting works suspension for my 400ex, i am on a low budjet, and i was wondering which type do i get? i see a-t steeler and pro series but i dont know which is the best! so which ones the best for the best deal, with rezzies. i race motocross and have +2 a arms. i am copieing and pasting this off there website if it helps? thanks!
PRO PIGGYBACK QUADSTAR ULTRACROSS STOCK SHOCK
MAKE/MODEL (LEGEND ON LAST PAGE) A-T STEELER SERIES PRO-SERIES STD DAMPING ADJ DAMPING HRT CARTRIDGE

Max400
12-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow.....your about to get beat down for saying Works:D

EXrider03
12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
wth? man why do you even bother posting? that had nothing to do with what i was asking. if you post somthing on my threads plz make shure its somthing to do with what im asking!

bone705
12-19-2003, 10:05 PM
well if your on a budget i know the steelers are like 315 /o rezzies. u can get steelers with rezzies for about the same price as an elka without rezzies. i heard the elka is the better way to go. i thought the works pro series were close to like 700. if there that high then u might as well go with TCS.

Max400
12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
wth? man why do you even bother posting? that had nothing to do with what i was asking. if you post somthing on my threads plz make shure its somthing to do with what im asking!

first off , I'll post what I want on a thread!!!!

second, read my mods on my quad!!!! I have works shocks and I like them! they are just not a well liked shock around here!!!

I wasn't flaming you!!!! just giving you a heads up................:mad:

12-19-2003, 10:30 PM
i like mine w/o rezzies....i dont race MX so i dont need them, if I were you on a low budget whatever yo uget make sure it has ressies b/c u race MX...id go with the works or a used pair of elkas & get them revalved for you,. ;)

12-19-2003, 10:33 PM
personally i would save ur $ and buy something better...but if your looking for the best works shock it is the pro series...i would buy a set of elkas/axis/or pep...you can pick a good set of used axis up for around $600 or a used set of pep up for around $750...i really wouldnt go with the works...how much are they anyways? and your gonna want the ressies for sure just to tell u

Juggalo
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
man don't listen to these guys. i run works steelers tiples with rezzies and i love em. i jump bigger than most of the guys on this forum (not tryin to too my own horn here) and my works hold up just fine. the pro series are a lot better but the steelers should be just fine for you. i'd def take em over elkas with no rezzies. people can say what they will about the elkas but theres no way they won't fade too fast on an mx track compared to works with rezzies. i say get some steelers with rezzies.

12-20-2003, 01:06 AM
dont listen to these guys they get all of the expensive stuff and its not needed. If you race motocross get shocks WITH resivoirs. U have 2 choices. New works or (the route i took) get used tcs,elka,pep etc... i picked up a set of tcs for 325 and they are awsome so its up to u.

redroost85
12-20-2003, 12:52 PM
03, I know of many guys that run Works for mx. Heck a few just run tripple rates without rezzies and do just fine. I know I am gonna get Works when the money allows, hopefully enough to get the rezzies too 'cause they won't fade as fast with mx racing. Whatever you decide will be better than the stockers believe me, lol!:)

sprtrx300ex
12-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I was going to save up for works. But I now decided to save up, and get some Elka Replacement.

Triple rates with SSD W/0 rezzies - $525 ;)

You can add rezzies later with a compression adjustment.

12-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
I was going to save up for works. But I now decided to save up, and get some Elka Replacement.

Triple rates with SSD W/0 rezzies - $525 ;)

You can add rezzies later with a compression adjustment.

good choice :D...talk to Yahn at elka he can set u up...or call up PBS performance...phone # is 716-257-5749...ask for pat stevens...and tell him yurik sent you...he can get you a great deal ;)

sprtrx300ex
12-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Alright I will! Thanks alot!

EXrider03
12-20-2003, 10:20 PM
man half this stuff is bull! i rode a 300ex with works and there better than my stock ex shocks! i only wanted to know which TYPE of works to get, nothing about axis or whatever. man im not bill ballance here i just race some mx here and there! thanks juggalo o and btw i decided onthe a-t steelers w/ rezzies

redroost85
12-21-2003, 04:00 PM
AT Steelers w/rezzies....good choice my friend. You will be quite impressed how well they work over the stockers. Did you get them for stock a-arms or are you getting aftermarket arms too?

EXrider03
12-21-2003, 04:35 PM
well i have front spacers so when i order them i will have them valved for +2 arms because i will eventually get a arms so theres no since in getting them then having to send them off to get re valved

12-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by EXrider03
man im not bill ballance here :p :D

EXrider03
12-21-2003, 08:37 PM
:cool:

hondaexryda
12-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey, i might think of getting Works for 400ex, should i just get front ? I only ride dunes .... also what do resevoirs do ...?

12-22-2003, 09:14 PM
ressies are more for hard riding...like racing...it helps to keep the shock from fading...works are pretty much just 1 step above stock...i really wouldnt recommend them for the dunes unless your doing jumping over 10 feet...if you are...then ya it may be a good buy...u wouldnt need the ressies for just that...and yes...u would want just the fronts...the rear shock is fine

hawiianpwr
12-23-2003, 08:14 PM
I have works without rezzies and jump all the time and they have held up great! Hey 03, You'll be happy with either one. I'd go ahead and get the rezzies though, I wish I would have:)

hawiianpwr
12-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Heres a good example of a jump we go over. You end up about 6+ft up and land around 20+ft out. This is my friend on his KFX-400 with stock suspension. As you can see he hit hard!(cracked his frame right above the right shock mount). I can take the same jump and its no problem for me.

12-23-2003, 08:32 PM
that is an owie...i dont see how u only go 6 foot up tho...i went at least 8 foot with my stock fronts and i didnt break nething and they are still fine

hawiianpwr
12-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Sorry, he didn't break it on that jump he broke on a tabletop. But it still didn't look good he had to gusset the frame to keep it from happening again

12-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by hawiianpwr
Sorry, he didn't break it on that jump he broke on a tabletop. But it still didn't look good he had to gusset the frame to keep it from happening again

z400 frames are weak newayz...they need to be gusseted...but ya that jump does look pretty bad...his tire is practically touching his fender :p