PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question

freebird
12-19-2003, 08:58 PM
HI All had a quick question..put a new e-series on the 03 400 ex. had a question...when I accelerate the machine sounds great nice and throaty...when I let off the gas the exhaust sounds weird...like a rattly tin can kind of sound...its not a backfire but it sounds a little funny...is that normal (did a plug test and looks a little rich if anything).

Thanks

ewalker302
12-20-2003, 12:19 AM
IMO you should go down 1 size on your main. Your bike should rev up when getting back on the throttle, not sound throaty.

:bandit:

cals400ex
12-20-2003, 12:34 AM
what size main are you running?? i am not sure about the WB pipe, but the yosh, big gun, and my sparks somewhat make a crackleing noise by the end of the silencer while driving it. i am not sure what it is from, but it almost sounds like a mesh screen is just rattleing. when you sit on the back end of the seat and listen it is more noticable. i don't think the t-4 that i heard made this noise. however, i didn't listen too close. what ever it is, it is normal i guess. what you are describing may be different though.

cals400ex
12-20-2003, 12:35 AM
also i assume your pipe is clamped on good and your discs are on good and tight??

12-20-2003, 12:45 AM
that might be normal for an e-series but if it isnt performing good check it out if its just the sound its the wb.

3x440ex
12-21-2003, 10:07 AM
mine had that sound too.....it was because some of the rivits came out and was rattling around on the inside.