PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Northern Indiana riders!

hosted
12-19-2003, 08:39 PM
I have a pretty good group that I ride with right now, but was just wondering if there is anyone around me that wanted some people to ride with sometime. I am about a half an hour north of Ft. Wayne, IN. We just usually ride trails, but I'm starting to build a small track right now. Let me know!

Hosted

mike426ex
12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
I live about 40 for Haspin Acres. I haven't rode any in northern Indiana but plan on going to Michagen in the spring. A group of us (6 riders) went to Hatfield McCoy in october. Plan to go back next october. Also plan on going to Big Rock in KY this spring also. If you ever get down my way let me know.

lukester720
12-22-2003, 02:47 AM
Mike I live about 55 minutes from haspin do you know of any other close palces to ride? Haspins not bad but I'm getting sick of the same old stuff.

mike426ex
12-22-2003, 02:13 PM
There is a place up north called Badlands. Haven't been there but plan on going. I think they have a web page. Will post a link when I find it. Have you been to Big Rock in Maysville, KY? www.bigrockatvpark.com (http://)

mike426ex
12-22-2003, 02:47 PM
This link will tell you all the riding areas in Indiana.www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/ohv (http://) It has a link to Badlands, Redbird, Lawerance County, and a few others. Not many places to ride at in Indiana. If you really want to ride goto Hatfield McCoy in WV. I loved it there. Can't wait to go back.

Doibugu2
12-22-2003, 02:51 PM
do a search for badlands. I'm sure there are tons of pics. Little of everything there. Just have to watch, a couple of the hills go straight down once you get to the top.

But like mike said, nothing touches the H/M trails. Do a seach for that, you will have enough post to read till new years.

12-22-2003, 03:30 PM
my family all live in gary/hammond indiana & chicago

hosted
12-22-2003, 10:18 PM
I will dig up this thread this spring when we down to the Badlands and Haspin. I have only been to the Badlands, but a lot of guys I ride with have been to Haspin quite a bit, and go up to Silver Lake a couple times a summer. I just got a 400 today, so I'm getting pumped about this year.

pairanutz
12-22-2003, 10:54 PM
hosted where do you ride at up north -my gp live in wabash -so im up there alot -i ride badlands ALOT -haspin-went to silver lake and land between the lakes kentucky-always looking for new place to go-next year planning on a hatfeild and big rock trip -i hope
www.badlandsoffroad.com

lukester720
12-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

hosted
12-22-2003, 11:20 PM
I live just outside of Kendallville if you know where that is. Should be pretty easy to find on a map (20 miles North of Ft. Wayne). I went to Motoplex in LaOtto earlier today to look around. For you that don't know it's a new indoor MX track up here. It is about 20 miles from me right in between Ft. Wayne and where I am. I want to ride there sometime, but in my opinion the track is really small and wouldn't want to many other people on there. Looking at that track today really made me want to get off my butt and start working on mine!!

mike426ex
12-23-2003, 03:52 AM
hosted, a guy i work with has been up to the motoplex. Talking like he is going there friday. I was going to go but I need to work. Holidays have wiped me out. Plus I need a new axle for my 400.

PHAT400
12-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey Hosted. I'm in Bristol Indiana, about 40 min's nw from you. Just did the ATV institute training course @ the Honda dealer there in Kendalville. Played around in that nasty mud back behind the dealership. If you don't mind riding with an old man, I'll ride..

Deno
:macho

hosted
12-23-2003, 08:04 PM
PHAT400, that would be just fine if you wanted to come down and ride with is sometime. We don't really have to many very interesting places to ride right now, cause people keep kicking us out of them for liability issues, but we are always looking for more people. I don't know when we will go riding next since it's so muddy and cold. I will pm you the next time we go though!

Dave400ex
12-25-2003, 06:26 PM
I live in Columbia City, not far from Fort Wayne. We go to the Badlands quite a bit.

pairanutz
12-25-2003, 08:44 PM
just finished the 440 tonight -going to badlands this sat 27th-gonna get it dirty finaly-supposed to be 50 -hope to see some of you out there

hosted
12-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Dave400, I live just on the other side of Albion. From your signature it looks like you are set up pretty good. Do you have any good places over there to ride, that I could tag along a time or two? Do you know of very many tracks around here? I'm not a very good, but I am really getting bored with just riding trails. Let me know.

Dave400ex
12-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Right now most of the time we just go to the Badlands. We hope to find some more places.
There is quite a few tracks, one in Wabash, then the Reads have like 4. Webster, Hangtime, D&D, etc.

12-27-2003, 02:04 PM
i have alot of family & friends in Hammond Indiana....where is the badlands at?

Dave400ex
12-27-2003, 02:21 PM
The Badlands are in Attica IN.

250xridamatt
12-27-2003, 05:10 PM
i just signed up today. im normally on the atvconnection forums but decided to try this out. i live about 10 minutes from ft. wayne. i have gone to watch two different races at the motoplex. im planning on goin to ride there on monday if everything works out. also me and a friend are gonna try to make it up to silver lake this spring. ill let you know how the motoplex is once i ride there.

matt:D

mike426ex
12-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Went to Haspin Sunday. Man was it a muddy mess. There was alot of people there. It costed me $10 to wash my quad today. Did anyone else do any riding this weekend?

mike426ex
12-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I would like to welcome Matt to exriders.

pairanutz
12-29-2003, 09:27 PM
i went to badlands sunday

going to haspin in 6 hours-(caint sleep -waiting to see how muddy its gonna be)

going to badlands this wed the 31st

need to go some where this weekend

wanted to hit redbird but they closed on dec 1

250xridamatt
12-30-2003, 09:01 AM
thanks mike,

i got back from the motoplex at 6 last night. i was there for about 6 and 1/2 hours. my arms are still limp and i have a huge bruise on my knees from hitting the plastic in the whoops. I didn't wreck at all but i had my silencer come off in the whoops when i was goin around for my last time. All the sudden my 250x got twice as loud lol. the track was prety fun and it wasn't too bad for me for my first time ever on a nice track. everyone was really nice at the motoplex and overall ( except for how sore i am ) it was a good experience. I just wish i had a small trailer. my dad had to leave so it was me and my mom trying to load my fourwheeler up in this big truck in pouring down rain. i think we ran into every problem possible while loading it up lol.

matt

trailhouseowner
01-03-2004, 10:29 PM
When it rains, it pours!!

heathermarie
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
hey guys! i live in cedar lake indiana..any of u ever heard of that..its rite outside crown point/lowell area..i live about an hour away from chicago... i would love to go riden with ya'll ..email me at hondagirl2007@yahoo.com...or talk to me on aim/aol my sn is heatherwright23..

briantrx
09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the site. i live in laporte and work in chesterton. i know exactly where cedar lake is, we have done many subdivisions there like havenwood, golfview, etc...
where do you ride at around there? not to many places to ride at in laporte. just after the fields are clear my friend has a farm we ride at.
there is a guy in valpo that has a atv party every spring and fall, we go to, pretty cool he has a track and about 100 acres of trails.
later
brian

Dust_1503
09-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm from Plymouth, right now im in muncie for college. There are a lot of MX tracks up north if anybodys looking into racing. Reads Racing in a big promoter up there and has about 4 tracks. They are in North Webster, Akron, and 2 in Rochester. Good racing, if anybody does mx at any of those i'm usually at most of the races. later

TRX250X
09-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Dust, what are you going to college for? I have a buddy that's in his last semester at Ball State. Going for technology teacher. He used to live at corner of rex and new york. He lives closer to home now since he's gonna student teach near home in the spring. My family is from around Huntington, but the wife and I live at Purdue now.

Welcome to the site all.

Dust_1503
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm majoring in Criminal Justice. His place was pretty close to where i'm at now which is just off of new york. I'm in the dorms right now sorta sucks but i got 2 more years for the apartments.

briantrx
09-10-2004, 11:01 AM
I was at Ball State back in '97. was only there for a year though. too much you know what:devil:
i lived in studebaker dorms on the 6th floor