PDA

View Full Version : Raptor bustin'

bubfryder
12-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Every time I hear someone crying about the Raptor's handling, reliability, or weight, I just laugh. I've owned my '02 Raptor since day one, have beat the hell out of it, and haven't had a single problem. Every 400 (EX, KFX, Z) I've run against has always turned out the same. The front end of their quad is peppered w/ roost and they wanna trade quads and run again.
I've ridden piped, hopped-up EX's and it reminded me of vanilla pudding, it's ok, but it makes you appreciate it when you have something better:devil:
(oh, my ride is stock. It's all in knowing how to ride, not relying on the ride to do all the work.)

LTandRaptorider
12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Uh oh... now you've done it! :devil:

norcalatver
12-20-2003, 10:16 AM
welcome to Ex riders, now go home!

Atreyu
12-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Cool story man:huh ...you sound like you'll be a real good member on bluetraxx. You shoudl go check it out...and stay there.

the-ex-files
12-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Wow! I'm impressed. Your 660cc Raptor can beat a 397cc EX. I'm still in shock!

12-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by the-ex-files
Wow! I'm impressed. Your 660cc Raptor can beat a 397cc EX. I'm still in shock! :D exactly... :p

bubfryder
12-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Aw, cmon.. I'm pretty sure that I was reading a lot of posts saying that 400's can pick off a Raptor in trail riding. Your response about "picking on 396cc's" is pathetic.
I think I would have to put that response into the ethnic race card category, are EX riders being held down by "THE MAN"?:rolleyes:

Pappy
12-20-2003, 02:42 PM
bring your raptor to texas for the gncc opener.....ill go grab a stock 400ex. see ya at the end of 2 hours:o or will i:confused: :p

noone cares what you ride as long as you ride:cool: ;)

Guy400
12-21-2003, 06:38 AM
I'm a former owner of a Raptor and then later a 400EX. There's no doubt, my stock Raptor would walk away from my cousin's piped/filtered 400EX in a drag race. We had a small GNCC style track in the woods behind my house that was about 1/4 long and another at my cousin's house that was nearly a mile long. While I would accelerate out of the corner's a little faster than my cousin he'd make that ground up in the corner's. It's not that he was faster than me in the corners but he had to work a whole lot less. After wrestling that quad for a year I sold it and moved onto something else. I still miss the low end grunt it had but I don't miss the weight. Given the choice now after owning both I'd buy a 400EX every time.