PDA

View Full Version : i hate my exhuast(300ex)

thursday
12-19-2003, 05:08 PM
i mean i love the sparks pipe the performance is great and the sound is even better but there is so many problems ok here is the deal my exhuast smokes very bad from the header so i replaced gaskets and the problem is still happenging then thee exhuast started to glow so i took the gasket off and the exhuast dint glow but smoked alot more so now when the gasket is on the exhuast glows and when off it doesnt but with the gasket on or off it still smokes very bad and u can c smoke coming out of where the exhuast meeets the engine i checked the pipe for crackes and there is a line the header that looks like a crack but the line is very smooth and i dont think its a crack o yeah it glows when idoling and when riding

i no there is alot of info here but bear with me lol

i really need help i want to go riding

thanks alot

ny300exrider
12-19-2003, 05:59 PM
it may be that your jetting is incorect? im not sure about the smoke but i think i remeber someone saying the glowing headers can be jetting. well whatever it is good luck with it

cals400ex
12-19-2003, 06:11 PM
for headers glowing at IDLE, you either have too small of a pilot jet or your fuel skrew is too lean. for the smoking: all pipes when they are new may smoke. i would also make sure nothing is really close to the pipe. for example, the clutch cable.

michigan rider
12-19-2003, 07:15 PM
what he ^ said

thursday
12-19-2003, 08:31 PM
thnaks alot ill check that out