PDA

View Full Version : Too many rear axles to choose...Help

foleyit
12-18-2003, 11:27 PM
I am sticking with the stock swing-arm for a while. However, I am ready to spend some money for a rear-axle. The first question is that I only know of Lonestar and DuraBlue. Of the three which is the best and why? I ask for why, because at this point I don't have any specific application requirement other than I ride in the sand the most. (I assume wider is more stable in the sand):

-- Lonestar Racing Axcaliber Axle
-- Dura Blue Eliminator Axle
-- Dura Blue X-33 Pro Racing Axle

Second question, I already have a set of durablue hubs. Since I am running with stock swing-arm do I NEED to purchase any other items? (i.e., Anti-Fade Rear Brake Rotor Hub)

I appreciate any and all feedback you guys and girls have. Thanks!

JOEX
12-19-2003, 12:05 AM
There is another axle that is available. It is the RPM, supposedly it is the 'best' axle out there. RPM and Lonestar have very similar 'lifetime' warranties. Look them up to make sure. Durablue has a prorated warrenty...

If you are mostly riding sand with minimal hard jumping the Durablue will probably be just fine. And you don't need the antifade nut/hub. I do suggest a pinch bolt type locknut though.

Joe

4TraxRider
12-19-2003, 07:29 AM
When you start launching off of some jumps you'll need to upgrade to a Lonestar or RPM. A dura-blue would be fine if you don't plan improving a lot and jumping more. IMO get an LSR, they aren't too much more money and you probably wont have to replace it.

12-19-2003, 07:37 AM
the RPM is a lot better and has an actuall lifetime warrenty unlike durablue here is their site for more info www.team-rpm.com

12-19-2003, 10:21 AM
doesnt lonestar have a lifetime guarantee? I wouldn't get a durablue, iv'e heard alot of bad things about them

4TraxRider
12-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Also, isn't there a new company to aftermarket axles. Team axles i beleive. They make stock axles for a lot of manufacturers, adn just started doing aftermarket, might be worth taking a look at.

bmw500hp
12-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
I am sticking with the stock swing-arm for a while. However, I am ready to spend some money for a rear-axle. The first question is that I only know of Lonestar and DuraBlue. Of the three which is the best and why? I ask for why, because at this point I don't have any specific application requirement other than I ride in the sand the most. (I assume wider is more stable in the sand):

-- Lonestar Racing Axcaliber Axle
-- Dura Blue Eliminator Axle
-- Dura Blue X-33 Pro Racing Axle

Second question, I already have a set of durablue hubs. Since I am running with stock swing-arm do I NEED to purchase any other items? (i.e., Anti-Fade Rear Brake Rotor Hub)

I appreciate any and all feedback you guys and girls have. Thanks!

Chicks dig RPM! :rolleyes:

RPM is your best choice. No concerns , no complaints, no regrets! Simply the best quality and it's guaranteed for LIFE. You should also look into the Antifade as well. There are improvisions, and that's more or less what they are. :eek:

Good luck with your decision! :cool:

nismo
12-19-2003, 05:08 PM
dont get a durablue i have a eliminator and it broke while i was going down the road and i do not jump big jumps or anything and they are very hard to deal with. lonestar or prm would be better

zfire_28
12-20-2003, 11:48 PM
be different, get that new team axle.;)

rider250ex
12-21-2003, 08:53 AM
ya i was wondering about those team axles too. i am thinking about getting one for my r...what do all of u think? good or bad?

k2-dawg
12-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Spend the money and get a RPM Dominator axle. Best axle on the market and lifetime warranty. Excellent people at RPM!!! You won't be disappointed. I LOVE MINE and will never run anything else.

Chanman420q
12-22-2003, 03:11 PM
if u didnt bend the stock one, the durablue is probobly a better choice since you will save money. But if u can get a good deal on a used LSR/RPM i definitly would take that over it. Ive got a Lone start but i payed under 200 for it and it had less than an hour run time on it.

Juggalo
12-22-2003, 05:15 PM
theres a couple axle companies out there (such as strong arm) that are sposed to be good. personally i wouldn't go with anything but an RPM

LathersR
12-23-2003, 09:40 PM
RPM no doubt.. other then that cheaper and and next best is LSR