PDA

View Full Version : got a edelbrock carb

Martin Blair
12-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Alright i got a edelbrock after buying a fcr from p4rperformace and it turned out they werent in stokc so they shipped the edelbrock, ok fine. Well it has the middle needle in it, im thinkiugn about elaving that in and just riching it up 1 pr 2 clicks, i have a lrd pipe, and a k&n thats about it.

12-18-2003, 09:19 PM
edelbrock...y did u do that martin...should have waited on the FCR...o well the edelbrock is an ok carb also...are u racing the missouri hare scrambles this year...im doin the whole thing...i got some sponsors as you can see...also some new parts ;) ...u need to get on aim so we can talk or call up my cell...if u get on aim i can give u the #

Martin Blair
12-19-2003, 09:31 PM
cool, rich *******, yeah it was for x-mas and my dad decide d to get the edelbrock o well. the shocks are on there way. I am racing all of them but the march or amy one i can remeber on is for 16 and over and i wont be 16 till june.

cals400ex
12-20-2003, 12:52 AM
i would confirm that your lean at 1/8 to 3/4 throttle before moving the needle. also, if you move it i would only go one position at a time. why do you think the needle is in the wrong position but the main and pilot are correct??

K_Fulk
12-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i would confirm that your lean at 1/8 to 3/4 throttle before moving the needle. also, if you move it i would only go one position at a time. why do you think the needle is in the wrong position but the main and pilot are correct??

There isn't any jets in the edelbrock just a needle.

cals400ex
12-20-2003, 01:05 PM
sorry about that, i obviously don't know anything about that carb.

K_Fulk
12-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
sorry about that, i obviously don't know anything about that carb.

Don't worry about it :blah: . Here is some info so you will now. There is a screw type adjuster that moves the needle all the way across. It comes with 3 needles. I just used the middle one. There is also an adjustable accelerator pump to add some extra "squirt" on the bottom end.

When I had mine it seemed like I had to keep leaning it out to keep it running good. I would set it up and after a few rides it seemed like I had to do it again to keep it running good.

cals400ex
12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
thanks for the help. i had my mind set on an fcr before i ever looked at that carb. i guess i shouldn't respond if i don't know anything. :eek: i thiink the edlebrock makes the throttle tough to push doesn't it?? anyways, good luck with your carb.

K_Fulk
12-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Its not really harder, It just has a longer throw that wears your tumb out more. But mine did get pretty still after awhile.

Natertot426ex
12-21-2003, 05:10 PM
I put the twist on mine and it is easy to twist. I love what it did to my 426. I change altitudes a lot and it isnice not to have to always rejet once I get where I am going. Just fire it up and go!:D

rustin44
04-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Do you have a rough idea of how you have your carb set up? I just got an Eichner carb and am looking for a starting point. I have a profab 416 with port&polish, bigger valves, high comp, big gun exhaust, rev box, k&n . . . I am trying to figure out how to dial this thing in. It seems to bog a little on bottom, but that's about as far as I've gotten.

cals400ex
04-18-2004, 01:01 AM
with a larger carb, larger valves, and some porting/polishing it may just want to bog a little bit on the bottom end.

K_Fulk
04-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by rustin44
Do you have a rough idea of how you have your carb set up? I just got an Eichner carb and am looking for a starting point. I have a profab 416 with port&polish, bigger valves, high comp, big gun exhaust, rev box, k&n . . . I am trying to figure out how to dial this thing in. It seems to bog a little on bottom, but that's about as far as I've gotten.

You will have to play with the accelerator pump screw on the lower part of the carb.

rustin44
04-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I think I finally got this thing dialed in and . . . WOW!
This think wants to stand up in every gear!
Don't know why people complain about edelbrocks, this thing is
pretty damn easy to adjust. The tech at edelbrock said to lean it out until I get popping on decel and then richen by a click or two.
I never got it to pop, put did a high rpm plug check and it is pretty white with the threads still showing soot. Just wondered if you guys thought this might be a little lean even though it wasn't popping. I can't burn up my engine, this thing runs too damn good!!!:D