PDA

View Full Version : Dumont or Sand Mountain?

WickedRider
12-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Which one is better & which one is closer to Southern Nevada? thanx

VegasEx'r
12-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Dumont is about 1.5 hours from Vegas. I love it there. I haven't been to Sand Mountain yet, but I think it is about 6-7 hr drive.
Amargosa is about 1hr15min away, and Coral Pink is about 2.5hrs away.

Dumont is the best of the close-by places.

wilkin250r
12-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Sand Mountain is pretty small compared to the likes of Coral Pink and Dumont. As for close, it really depends where you are. If you're anywhere between Vegas and Tonapah, I'd say Armagosa (Big Dune) is your closest. If you're looking for the "best" within driving distance, I'd say Dumont is probably your target, with Coral Pink in second.

If you're north of Tonapah, Sand Mountain is probably closest. Drop me a line if you plan to go, I'll try to meet you out there...

WickedRider
12-19-2003, 09:34 PM
if i get paddles for xmas i will for sure head out to dumont b4 xmas break is over. i have to talk 2 some other ppl but ill let u know.

kenny
12-20-2003, 12:38 PM
dumont presidents day. the best dunes in my opinion.i love that place.seems like the dunes at armagosa are steeper poss a little windier out that way.they are about a 1/4 the size of dumont if that.if you guys are there on pres day weekend dumont.maybe we can all hook up at the top of a dune at a certain time and go for a spin.say whats up.

WickedRider
12-20-2003, 12:48 PM
kenny are u goin to go riding today? like at apex or somewhere? i might head ot but my dad is on painpills so i dont know if i even have a ride yet.

kenny
12-20-2003, 09:32 PM
blown head gasket new parts coming.should have together in a week or so.not riding this weekend.probably after the newyear.do you ride apex alot.it is pretty cool out there.there is a really nice wash to run through.

WickedRider
12-21-2003, 11:00 AM
yeah i ussually ride the "dune" side every weekend .

Pahrump
12-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Dumont is very nice and pretty dang big. Amargosa is really just one big dune and alot of trails.

I would go to Dumont 100 times before Amargosa.

Anyone gonna be at Dumont for the 1st

hondaexryda
12-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Go To DUMONT, its closer to Southern Nevada ... but ive never been to amargosa, i live in VEGAS and does amargosa have a COMP HILL ???

Pahrump
12-23-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Pahrump
Dumont is very nice and pretty dang big. Amargosa is really just one big dune and alot of trails.

I would go to Dumont 100 times before Amargosa.

Anyone gonna be at Dumont for the 1st

Amargosa is nothing at all like Dumont, its a waste of a trip. There are not really dunes there is just one big dune and a bunch of trails.

No one is ever out there.