PDA

View Full Version : Cool people??

chucked
12-18-2003, 08:07 PM
how come everyone that rides around here has drug and alcohol problems, when we go riding they just ride from place to place and smoke weed and drink. And this is everyone!! Wheres all the cool people at around here??

stepupmx
12-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Right here :D

When I found out some of the "cooler" members had drinking problems and were smokin illegal items, it just made me think how uncool they are.

Guy400
12-18-2003, 08:15 PM
It sucks because they're giving you a bad name. They see you on a quad and you automatically get associated with this behavior. I know a bunch of guys around me ride utilities. They strap a cooler to one of the racks and they drink and ride all day. The decision to drink is entirely up to them (although I think it's extremely irresponsible) but they chuck their empty cans all over the trails. The littering is what gets me. They throw cans right in the middle of a trail where anyone can slice a tire. Your only hope is to find some state land where this behavior is somewhat regulated or buy property and keep everyone else out.

chucked
12-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
It sucks because they're giving you a bad name. They see you on a quad and you automatically get associated with this behavior. I know a bunch of guys around me ride utilities. They strap a cooler to one of the racks and they drink and ride all day. The decision to drink is entirely up to them (although I think it's extremely irresponsible) but they chuck their empty cans all over the trails. The littering is what gets me. They throw cans right in the middle of a trail where anyone can slice a tire. Your only hope is to find some state land where this behavior is somewhat regulated or buy property and keep everyone else out.
thats exactly what its like here, "beerman" is out every weekend, busch is $1 bud ice is $2. The owner of the property we ride on doesnt care what we do as long as we dont make a mess, theres probably about 2000 cans back there no joke, a few months ago i told a bum about it and he cleaned them up to get money for the cans but its like it again.

Ralph
12-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by chucked
thats exactly what its like here, "beerman" is out every weekend, busch is $1 bud ice is $2. The owner of the property we ride on doesnt care what we do as long as we dont make a mess, theres probably about 2000 cans back there no joke, a few months ago i told a bum about it and he cleaned them up to get money for the cans but its like it again.

bwahahaha,,, bumb employment....

chucked
12-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
bwahahaha,,, bumb employment....
dude when i told him about all the cans that were back there he was happy as ****

12-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey man if you want know someone kool who rides,... It's me!

Proud to be drug free:)

TheX1992
12-18-2003, 09:14 PM
its not too bad around here. that is, if you can find any riders at all. when i come across it i just think to myself that its their own problem. and its kinda hard to light your pipe when someone throws a roost of mud at you anyway :p

JUSTINcredible
12-18-2003, 10:15 PM
nothing wrong with throwing back a few beers.... but while riding is kinda dumb.

some of my friends smoke weed but they are still cool in my book and the dont act to diffrent or like a bunch of tards when they are high so i just let them do what they want

Pappy
12-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by member
Hey man if you want know someone kool who rides,... It's me!

Proud to be drug free:)

same here:) i have enough trouble riding much less riding all screwed up

spincr4hire
12-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
same here:) i have enough trouble riding much less riding all screwed up

Yeah Pappy, you just have to stop and smoke a cig every 5 minutes:blah:

Pappy
12-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Yeah Pappy, you just have to stop and smoke a cig every 5 minutes:blah:

well i know people that are 40 year old dope heads. 30 year old power drinkers. most cant hold a job and are so mental they should just be shot in the head. so i figure if a cigarette is the worse vice i have im already a bit ahead of the game. but it is a bad habit that i need to quit

spincr4hire
12-19-2003, 06:59 AM
well i know people that are 40 year old dope heads. 30 year old power drinkers. most cant hold a job and are so mental they should just be shot in the head. so i figure if a cigarette is the worse vice i have im already a bit ahead of the game. but it is a bad habit that i need to quit

Well, at least you are supporting the tobacco farmers in Kentucky

Guy400
12-19-2003, 07:04 AM
30 year old power drinkers. most cant hold a job and are so mental they should just be shot in the head.But Rico's funny so we'll keep him around :eek: :D

YZEATER
12-19-2003, 07:06 AM
never heard of an aluminum can slicing a tire???

Guy400
12-19-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by YZEATER
never heard of an aluminum can slicing a tire??? Ever crush a can completely flat and see all the sharp corners? I lost a tire on my old LT230S sliding into a flattened can.

12-19-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
But Rico's funny so we'll keep him around :eek: :D

Holding a job or holding a beer. Tough decision...:huh

k2-dawg
12-19-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Holding a job or holding a beer. Tough decision...:huh

You got two hands, don't you. Hold a beer while doing your job. And I don't mean this.....

dirtmomma
12-19-2003, 08:43 AM

Hey ain't nuttin wrong w/ a cig break!!;) But as for the littereing & what not thats crap!!! When we go riding/camping we are always picking up other peoples garbage :mad: makes me sooo mad can't understand how they just toss garbage did thier parents NEVER teach them anything????? I will admit when I'm camping I will throw some beers in a cooler for a break but dont' go & get hammered on the trail & try to ride thats for sure & I WON'T drink on my 300 cuz I KNOW I wouldbe stupid & probably get hurt bad I just stick to puttin on the Kodiak;)

4TraxRider
12-19-2003, 08:46 AM
Never even tried weed, I'll drink but not when i'm riding. I don't need any help rolling the EX over, she does it all on her own with me sober.

chucked
12-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Never even tried weed, I'll drink but not when i'm riding. I don't need any help rolling the EX over, she does it all on her own with me sober.
last summer there was a guy on a bombardier that was all rigged up (metal poles for front shocks, zip ties all over the place, 300ex a arm, etc...) he was all high and drunk and was doing about 70 across a field when one of the poles gave out, it flipped about 15 times, he broke his back in a few places, both wrists in a few places, both arms in a few places, one of his legs and had a chuck of skin taken out. and to this day he still doesnt wear an gear...

TRX250X
12-19-2003, 09:21 AM
last summer there was a guy on a bombardier that was all rigged up (metal poles for front shocks, zip ties all over the place, 300ex a arm, etc...) he was all high and drunk and was doing about 70 across a field when one of the poles gave out, it flipped about 15 times, he broke his back in a few places, both wrists in a few places, both arms in a few places, one of his legs and had a chuck of skin taken out. and to this day he still doesnt wear an gear...

OUCH!!!

jcsact
12-19-2003, 10:08 AM

How the hell was he doing 70 on a rig like this.:confused: :rolleyes:

Glow Plug
12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
100% drug and smoke free yay!

I do have a drink everyone once and a while but I hate to say it but I don't really LIKE to drink :rolleyes:

seatec
12-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Promising contender for the DARWIN Award.

Ralph
12-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug

I do have a drink everyone once and a while but I hate to say it but I don't really LIKE to drink :rolleyes:

:eek:, sik him rico...

ny300exrider
12-19-2003, 01:10 PM

nice man same here..i dont really drink either. im trying to stay straight edge as long as i can and right now i definitly dont need any of it. if i had to id definitly rather drink then smoke though

DEAL
12-19-2003, 01:19 PM

Then why do u do it "everyonce in awhile"?

12-19-2003, 06:03 PM
where i ride they have some woods parties which is cool and all but the people leave all there garbage and chit all over the place and im like wtf u ride here to dont u want it to be clean and i dont smoke nuthin or drink nuthin and there is also another thing that is messed up ill see guys driving by on their quads with a 24 pack in their lap and a beer in their hand not wereing any safety gear its the *********s like that and the ones that you guys have talked about that bring the cops out to my place where i ride and where u ride:mad:

wilkin250r
12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
I'll admit, I've been known to get liquored up and go riding. Not smart, I know, but I only do it at the dunes, and my inebriated excursions are usually limited to riding up the hill to let off illegal fireworks, and back down to camp again, and NEVER with a passenger. And I certianly don't go pushing the envelope at racing speeds in dangerous terrain where my impared reflexes would put me in danger.

The littering is uncalled for, there's no reason to throw your empty cans around. If you have enough room to pack them in, you should certainly have enough room to pack them out now that they are empty.

batgeek
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
30 year old power drinkers.

that would be me :D

but i hold a great job and am relatively normal.

don't ride under the influence though...even if i have 1 beer, i don't get on the quad.

as for drug use, recreational and as long as yer not hurting anyone. it's your choice to do them, just be responsible about it.

i choose not to critisize people for the lifestyle that they wish to live. if yer cool, yer cool. if yer not...and this goes for anything...yer not. the only thing i have a prejudice about are idiots...and those come in all shapes, colors, religions, political persuasion, etc...

PHAT400
12-20-2003, 10:52 AM

:grr: IDIOT...

That's definately 1 gene pool that need's dry'n up...

trx440
12-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Face it,

For the most part, ATVing is a white trash activity.

Glow Plug
12-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Then why do u do it "everyonce in awhile"?

as I said I do it once and a while but I don't want/ think I would enjoy just to go and and get totally pissed just not my thing

LTandRaptorider
12-20-2003, 06:03 PM
I learned not to drink before I ride... I hit trees much faster than I normally would... :rolleyes:

redroost85
12-20-2003, 07:58 PM
I believe that there is a time for everything. If you want to drink beer and do whatever drugs, God Bless America you can do it.

But being responsible with your quad is important too. Do I like to drink beer...hell yeah....Do I do it when I ride?....hell no! I got trouble enough when I am vertical and sober, lol! Now after the ride when I am in the shop hanging with the guys and bs'n, yeah then I am good for a few cold ones.

Some things just shouldn't be mixed. If you feel the need to get loped when you are riding, then I beleive you don't even care about riding. You can get tanked and act like a dumbazz at your house then.

Face it. Quads are mainly enjoyed by us hillbillys, rednecks, badazzes in general....and there ain't nothing wrong with that. It is just that the seriously stupid ones make the press.

Just my .02 guys. Now let's have a good time....responsibly.:)

trx440
12-20-2003, 09:04 PM
You can't do whatever drugs in America. God Bless to that.

LTandRaptorider
12-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by trx440
You can't do whatever drugs in America. God Bless to that.

Sure you can, it's the getting caught part that gets you in trouble. ;) The point here is, drugs and alcohol and riding don't mix. I like to drink beer, more so in the summer. I've found that even one before riding is enough to impair my abilities, and I need all the help I can get. But afterward, time to crackem open! :devil: In the winter, I switch to whiskey... which reminds me... time to freshen this up... :p

hondarider2006
12-20-2003, 10:26 PM
I will admit I have done drugs, but I am also proud to state that I have been clean for almost a year(quit last year as a new years resolution)and I am still going strong. I got in trouble about 2 years ago, and finaly decided to quit, its not worth the hassel. About 80% of the population here does weed, and if not more. At one time I was part of that $hit, now I am out of that group, clean and moving on in life, unlike them people are, still in 8th grade, and 16 years old. I have been at the track at times when a lot of the nasty G.I's were there on their bikes with a couple 24 packs. They started makin fun of my buddy cause he had a bad battery connecton on his raptor...probably a good thing we didn't stick around any longer, or things wouldn't have gotten pretty....Anyways to make a long story short, stay clean, its the way to be, trust me;)

hondafox440
12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
nice man same here..i dont really drink either. im trying to stay straight edge as long as i can and right now i definitly dont need any of it. if i had to id definitly rather drink then smoke though

Thats not straight edge then. Straight edge means no drinking or smoking - at all, ever; not just "every once in a while".

I find it hilarious when drunk or high people get injured at thier own expense. It serves them right. What really pisses me off is when they injure other people. If I ever get in a crash due to a drunk driver, and I am in any condition to fight I will gladly spend a few days in jail for an assault charge after beating their ***. There should be much stiffer penalties for DWIs and posession charges.

jcsact
12-21-2003, 07:42 AM
I personally don't smoke weed any more but I would sure rather come across some one driving/riding smoking weed rather than alcohol.

Driving 30mph high or 80mph drunk. I choose the 30mph high. :bandit: