PDA

View Full Version : Pro vs. Pro Am........

Badger_Skid
12-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I have seen a few posts on this issue, after reading the GNCC rules once again I'm still a bit confused.

Pro Am has to run a production frame and motor, Pro's run anything, correct? If a guy runs a frame built by Yamaha he's ok in the Pro Am class, but if he were to change it to an aftermarket frame he has to run Pro? Why isn't an aftermarket frame considered "production"? Someday we might see an aftermarket motor, will it be the same thing?

A good clear definition of "Production" would go a long way in helping some people making a decision what to race and why. I'm afraid of the answer that we may get though, the water may get a bit more muddy.

Both run the same color number plates, lost again.... Why? Should be different, my two cents. Start them on the same line?Not a problem, but you should be able to tell the difference.

Green for Pro's maybe and let the Pro Am guys keep the Red.

We have to help the spectators, they are the ones who are going to promote the sport and come out to see people race. They should be able to tell the difference. What would it be like if someone who never saw a race before tried to understand the difference?

Any thoughts to help me or anyone else who might be a little lost in this decision?

Wingnut
12-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Pros have to go by the same rules as pro production did last year, and pro am has the same equipment rules the pros had.

From the GNCC web site:
"1. Pro (ATV) - OEM motor and matching frame combination model. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements and frame modifications to permit longer rear-wheel travel are permitted."

I have never personally seen green number plates, but I think that blue would work and is easy to find. From what I have observed, a lot of the spectators don't even seem to realize that the numberplates mean anything, they are looking for the numbers. The spectators that do know what the numberplates mean usually came with a racer they can pick out even when the racers are covered in mud. I'd like to see something like a program that gave some basic info like the numberplates, top riders in each class, and track info.