PDA

View Full Version : lt250r clutch prob

Jake250ex
12-18-2003, 06:56 PM
I just traded my 250ex for a 92 lt... and now it has a clutch problem. It is super stiff and even when you pull it in it creeps around. Does it need adjusted or new stuff? to be honest, i think my friend messed it up some when he adjusted it but no biggie. Can ne one help me?

fmf400ex03
12-18-2003, 07:34 PM
check the entire cable look for kinks aand it might have dirt in it if clean and good look at the clutch springs look for dirt and like if there no good and old if u dont know hinson complete clutch assemble works nasty:devil:

Rog-31
12-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Excellent trade........that is a nice machine and properly set up will beat any 400EX all day long. Now to your question......You probably need to adjust it, but that doesn't explain why it is creeping around, one thing that can happen with that clutch is the clutch basket can get grooves in it which traps the clutch plates in it and makes it hard to pull the lever and can cause it to creep even when the clutch is pulled in. Obviously check for any problems with the cable then try adjusting it but if that doesn't fix it pull the clutch cover off and check the basket for wear. If it is worn and the grooves are any deeper than 1/8" I'd replace it.

RIDER11X
12-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I just traded my 250ex for a 92 lt... and now it has a clutch problem. It is super stiff and even when you pull it in it creeps around. Does it need adjusted or new stuff? to be honest, i think my friend messed it up some when he adjusted it but no biggie. Can ne one help me?
PM LTANDRAPTORIDER, as he got an awesome LT and knows alot about them, ask him, he can probably share alot of tips with ya!:cool: