PDA

View Full Version : Quick ?'s about PEP dampner install

redroost85
12-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok I forgot how I mounted the dampner in there. Logic says that it shouldn't touch the header pipe, but can it rest on the oil tank?(you guys that got them, you know what I mean) I am having a hard time finding the fine line where it doesn't touch either things.

I got it in there alright, but the body of the dampner always touches one or the other when I go to tighten either the top or bottom.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!:)

12-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Best thing i can suggest is box it back up and get a denton style dapmner...:)

redroost85
12-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Sorry Rico, I ain't gotta enough bling to get me one of them babies, lol! Although I'll take yours if you don't want it.;)

norrisboat
12-18-2003, 05:16 PM
The pep shouldnt touch the head pipe or the oil tank. When the wheels are turned to the left(i think) it almost touches the top of the dip stick. When you turn it to the right you should be able to remove the dip stick with ease. I never had a problem with mine touching the head pipe. Make sure you have your spacer on where it mounts to the engine mount.

redroost85
12-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks norris. I will have to check the play so I am not touching either, huh? Got'cha. I have the spacer in also. Thanks man!:)

pairanutz
12-19-2003, 01:17 AM
my pep -every time i hit a something ( which is alot) the stem clamp turns and hit the stock oil cooler-thought about welding it on -but pappy just pc so nice for me i dont want to mess it up-any sugestions
and running a denton is out -i have one off the four stroke tecs aux oil coolers in the way
and gpr and scotts are not in the budget this year