PDA

View Full Version : 04 GNCC official Pro and Pro-am rules

cdalejef
12-18-2003, 11:31 AM
2. Pro (ATV)
a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC, unless eligible for an age class.
b. The following riders are eligible for, but not required to, race pro: Riders placing in the top 10 in the Pro and Pro Production classes in the previous year's GNCC; riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year; Top 10 GNC Pro Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion. Productions rules apply.

3. Pro Am (ATV)
The following riders are eligible for, but not required to, race Pro Am: Riders placing 11-50 overall the previous year; "A" Class Champions; Top 10 GNC Pro Class and top 10 GNC Pro-Am Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion. Purse shall be 80% of entry fee. Production rules do not apply.

wyndzer
12-18-2003, 11:36 AM
So what's it gonna be for ya Jeff? Pro or Pro Am?

cdalejef
12-18-2003, 11:45 AM
I can't decide....its too confusing

remlapr
12-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Will Pro always start before the Pro-am? If so you should run Pro - it's all about the overall anyway right? Better to get out in front I would think...

12-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
2. Pro (ATV)
a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC, unless eligible for an age class.
b. The following riders are eligible for, but not required to, race pro: Riders placing in the top 10 in the Pro and Pro Production classes in the previous year's GNCC; riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year; Top 10 GNC Pro Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion. Productions rules apply.

3. Pro Am (ATV)
The following riders are eligible for, but not required to, race Pro Am: Riders placing 11-50 overall the previous year; "A" Class Champions; Top 10 GNC Pro Class and top 10 GNC Pro-Am Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion. Purse shall be 80% of entry fee. Production rules do not apply.

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/wtf2.gif

Someone translate that into swaaheelee for me...:huh

cdalejef
12-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Will Pro always start before the Pro-am? If so you should run Pro - it's all about the overall anyway right? Better to get out in front I would think... Yes, Pro will always start in row 1

WOOLIN
12-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Starting in the front row might give you an unfair advantage Jeff. Not having to pass all the open and 2 stroke A riders would be too easy.:D

Bonnie Cook
12-18-2003, 02:04 PM
It is about time they posted something. Bryan has to make a decision too.
:confused:

cdalejef
12-18-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm gonna do the opposite of whatever Bryan does.

Bonnie Cook
12-18-2003, 02:14 PM
No way Jeff, ya'll will put on a better show than Ballance and Borich back and forth, the crowd will be focusing on you two...Neck to Neck!! He doesn't know yet. And since he is very quiet about everything, even from his Big Mouth Girlfriend, I probably wont find out till I sign him up in TX!!!!!

WOOLIN
12-18-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna do the opposite of whatever Bryan does. Don't be scared Mini Me:muscle:

cdalejef
12-18-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm tired of eating his roost! :(

guedo
12-18-2003, 05:30 PM
No sense in poosy futn around, roostem while you can.

TLC
12-18-2003, 08:32 PM
I vote Pro for Bryan and Jeff. Also congrats Jeff on ATK!!!!!

gump
12-18-2003, 10:46 PM
i've been lapped plenty of times by brian.. he'll only get faster by riding with faster people.. i say pro.. more exposure which means more sponsership.. only sponser i can get is the wife.. she's buying me a new helmet for x-mas

bradley300
12-18-2003, 11:14 PM
2. Pro (ATV)

3. Pro Am (ATV)
hmmmm. thats a tuff one, geuss i'll just try pro-am this year. lol

jeff, i also think you should race with brian, it would be a great "rivalry" i geuss you could call it. you guys will give everybody someone to root for everyrace.

and i promise, if he tries to lap me before you do, i'll hold him up for ya!:devil:

just kidding bonnie! i only do that to the rude guys that want by!lol

popo
12-19-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TLC
I vote Pro for Bryan and Jeff. Also congrats Jeff on ATK!!!!!

I vote for you to go Pro Am Traci. Whoop sum tham ther boys.

This is going to be the least of your worries for 2004. The AMA has set forth reducing the noise decibels down to 96 DB from 104 DB. How in the world can Racer Productions enforce that rule?

I can see a racer using this to his/her advantage to file protest. Example, you come in 11 in class with a pipe within the 96DB ruling, the other 10 that finished in front of you can be protested, if they did not comply to the DB rules, therefore moving you up in class.

WOOLIN
12-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I don't think they can inforce the rule. They didn't even know how to test it correctly at sparta.

popo
12-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by WOOLIN
I don't think they can inforce the rule. They didn't even know how to test it correctly at sparta.

That was put in place to scare you. Look for it in 2004.

Doug Morris from the ATVA, has an official document stating the correct procedure regarding testing DB's on quads.

Look forward of this topic being mentioned at the riders meeting Jan 11.

ranger400ex
12-19-2003, 09:29 AM
If they only test before the race...it will be an easy fix to pass test for a few minutes. Only real way is tech before, and right after as you come off the finish and after getting scanned...if anyone is allowed to "park" and come back...their are always ways around. RP needs to eith step up and do it right..before and after..............or leave us alone.

ben

MooseRacing
12-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Bryan and Jeff...both of you are in Moose gear so that is great! Pro or Pro-AM either should be fun!

As far as the decibel thing...they are currently enforcing this out west and for the GNCC series to stay sanctioned by the AMA they will need to comply. This is for our own good to continue to have property in which we can race on and ride on....look for this rule at Hatfield-McCoy in the near future. Most manufactures have developed a quiet series pipe meeting the 96db rule and these pipes give great performance gains considering the baffling to reduce the sound. With proper jetting dyno runs have shown around a 1% decrease in overall performance vs. non quiet core pipes.

50hp less 1% = .5hp...I can live with that to keep the peace.
The 4 strokes are extremly loud with some pipes....and loud does not always equal fast!

FMF, Pro Circuit, Big Gun and even Moose have developed quiet pipes...check them out I don't think you will be disappointed.

popo
12-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
If they only test before the race...it will be an easy fix to pass test for a few minutes. Only real way is tech before, and right after as you come off the finish and after getting scanned...if anyone is allowed to "park" and come back...their are always ways around. RP needs to eith step up and do it right..before and after..............or leave us alone.

ben

Ben,

This was not intended to be a R.P. slam fest. With the new DB rulings... they are just as puzzled how to enforce it, or make it fare.

The AMA was the one that came out with the rule, and being an AMA sanctioned event they must go along with the ruling or else.

ranger400ex
12-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey Gary, not a slam on RP, just a note that they need to proceed in this the right way....when I raced gokarts and formula lighting series, all of the race vehicles in the top spots were teched before and after the race, along with exhaust checks...the reason..
when they first started, everyone just slipped a rag in the exhausts after the header and went through tech, they passed, pulled it all out and raced. once the after race, right off the track tech started....everyone quit doing it and it became honest again..you can't and won't catch everything, but they should look at it in a way that will keep 99% of people honest.

a sound test before..and right after the race on the way out of the scan tent may seem excessive but it keep guys from "just getting through" tech first of the day, and pulling out their "mod" to race..with no check afterwards.

I did alot of DB testing, and our shop trained our local Edgewood Police Force to do DB testing of car steros, exhausts, housing areas, back when I was helping run the car stereo business. There are alot of way around it, but if you know how to stop the majority...things will be better.

I also am one that thinks loud is not always better, I have lost enough riding areas...no need to lose more!!!!

ben