PDA

View Full Version : bikes vs quads

kamikaze_rzrbak
12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
why do some quad guys hate dirt bike guys, and why do some dirt bike guys hate quad guys. you think we would all be friends because we are so related:confused:

Dan_Guetter
12-17-2003, 09:39 PM
nope

only quads and fiddys in my book

Soulfly
12-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Both kick ***.

My CR 250 is wicked fast, but so are my quads.

Quads for racing, bikes for play.

03400EX_Nacs
12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
well i am kool with both i guess because i use to ride dirtbkes but i have to say i dont like them hardly now

12-18-2003, 04:24 AM
i dont really like dirtbikes cause where i ride the people that ride them are *********s. and they all think that their bikes are all better than quads and they think quads suck d they make their bikes so ou u go deaf if u ride next to one and they are always cutting in front of u that is why i dis like bikes:grr:

Atreyu
12-18-2003, 05:28 AM
This thread = flamefest.

I like both.

400exmom
12-18-2003, 05:43 AM
i have 3 honda's in my garage 1 has 4 wheels 2 have 2 wheels~

:blah:

12-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3
i dont really like dirtbikes cause where i ride the people that ride them are *********s. and they all think that their bikes are all better than quads and they think quads suck d they make their bikes so ou u go deaf if u ride next to one and they are always cutting in front of u that is why i dis like bikes:grr:

OH ya geez. there is such a Difference between us dirtbike guys and quad guys, sometimes the guys on fourwheelers are just such azzholes. blah blah blah blah. :huh :rolleyes: I own a fourwheeler and a dirtbike. It is to what you like better, if you like riding 2 wheels or fourwheels. DOesnt have anything to do with the person:rolleyes: :huh for me it is 2 wheels in summer, four in winter.

ZSK
12-18-2003, 04:40 PM
For me it's the simple fact that I can't keep my balance on a pedal bike let alone a dirtbike.

hondafox440
12-18-2003, 04:50 PM
I think it is because of the stereotypes out there.

I am part of severall all dirtbike forums, and several all quad forums, and a few mixed. Thats why I made my site, to bring dirtbikes and ATVs together.

The general "idea" out there is that dirtbikers hate quadders because they are fat, stupid, smelly, beer drinking, trail wrecking rednecks, and quadders hate dirtbikers because they are yuppy, concieted, and rich *******s.

We all know for the majority these are false, but it is a few bad apples that ruin the image on both sides.

I'm just like bobby88 - I prefer the dirtbikes because for me they offer more of a challenge and oppurtinity, and the quads if I am bored or slightly injured, need to get work done, want to ride around my house and neighborhood, in the winter, or if I want to do wheelies and stuff.

Wade
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
All quads ever do around my area is tear up trails so there not ridable, they all talk trash, and there are way to many of em. I ve been riding dirt bikes all my life.

DOWN WITH QUADS

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 04:59 PM
I think all of us should stick together. If I see someone in the trail I give a wave or stop and talk to them. I don't hate any dirtbike rider, nor quad rider. I don't get why people hate eachother, we're all here to ride and have fun and go rip through the trails, dunes, mx track, or wherever you may ride. I think all of us should stick together, we already have to fight the nature ***s.

12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3

they only think that because ur riding a 250ex;)

ride next to my quad:devil: and ill cut in front of u, its called passing

if one of those kids was on a quad hed be the same way, i like quads

12-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
I think all of us should stick together. If I see someone in the trail I give a wave or stop and talk to them. I don't hate any dirtbike rider, nor quad rider. I don't get why people hate eachother, we're all here to ride and have fun and go rip through the trails, dunes, mx track, or wherever you may ride. I think all of us should stick together, we already have to fight the nature ***s.

i agree, i never met a bike guy whos given me crap for riding a quad,most bike guys are interested in quads and curious about the parts and such, its probaly some pissed off 17 yr old kid who thinks hes cool for riding a dirtbike that acts like that, dont pay attention to them there just morons

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm 17;) But I know what you're talking about, I just think that dirtbikers and quadders should stick together and help eachother out, we're a family, not rivals.

MOFO
12-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i agree, i never met a bike guy whos given me crap for riding a quad

same here. I wonder where all this bike vs quad crap is coming from. All local tracks around here have no problems...all the trails I've ever been on, never had a problem.

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
same here. I wonder where all this bike vs quad crap is coming from. All local tracks around here have no problems...all the trails I've ever been on, never had a problem.

Same here. I think it comes from towns or states where they may crack down on trails being ripped up, let's face it. A quad has two wheels that are putting power to the ground that are probably over twice the size of a dirtbike's one wheel which is putting power to the ground. They're going to tear up corners when they're rippin through the trail. I guess some trails may be shut down because of the quads and the dirtbikers are getting mad at quadders. I would never bash anyone for riding a quad nor a dirtbike, I like both and think they all kick *** and ATVs dirtbikes and snowmobiles are three of the greatest inventions on earth!

ScooterX
12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Hondafox440 has the stereotypes exactly right. Thats how most quad riders think of us bike riders and thats how most bike riders think of quad riders.

Quad riders also usually complain about the ruts that bikes leave on the tracks and bike riders usually complain about the quads tearing those ruts down. I personally don't give a crap either way. If the rut is still there, great, that means I can get better traction in the corner. If the rut is flattened out, great, that means I get more practice cornering on flat ground.

I don't hate quad riders at all, but I did used to race them, so I know what it's like. The only MX racers that get on my nerves are the ones that constantly complain about something not being perfect on a MX track. Those people are spoiled, pampered little rich kids. MX is supposed to test the persons riding skills on challenging terrain, and most of the time I hear all the little whiny kids crying about how the rut got flattened and the track is messed up. The way I see it, the harder the track is, the better it makes me as a rider. And besides, everyone is riding on the same track, so it's not like anyone is at a disadvantage.

All of us offroaders do need to back each other up and join together to fight the enviro-nazi's, and not fight each other. We are all wanting the same thing... a place where we can ride and not be hastled by environmentalists. We can't fight them if we are also fighting each other.

400exmom
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
same here. I wonder where all this bike vs quad crap is coming from. All local tracks around here have no problems...all the trails I've ever been on, never had a problem. me niether they usually wanna kiss me too:D

400exdad
12-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Personally, I don't think quads get respect where I live. Most bikers think of quads as slow with coolers on the front. That is until they (the few) ride with us and are suprised how fast we are.... I also think they believe it is soooooo easy to ride a quad as compared to a bike. A bike weighs half as much, has twice the suspension, its really a no brainer. A quad rider has to have twice the stamina as to compared to a biker. Just my humble opinion... maybe I have a inferiority complex... :D

12-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Personally, I don't think quads get respect where I live. Most bikers think of quads as slow with coolers on the front. That is until they (the few) ride with us and are suprised how fast we are.... I also think they believe it is soooooo easy to ride a quad as compared to a bike. A bike weighs half as much, has twice the suspension, its really a no brainer. A quad rider has to have twice the stamina as to compared to a biker. Just my humble opinion... maybe I have a inferiority complex... :D

I agree with you on the suspension and weight, but on trails, i dont agree. you dont have to worry about losing control as much on quads or balance, you can powerslide around corners and you are always just sittin on the comfy seat while dirtbikes have th e little skinny one that makes your *** sore after a day of riding:eek: I used to be able to fly on the trails with my honda fourtrax four by four.. If i could afford both i would. In fact i would take a 400ex over my bike because i can ride it all year. But whoever hasnt had the fealing of gettin launched off a jump on a bike and landing with ease, let me tell you, is missing out!:eek: :devil:

ScooterX
12-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Bobby88 - That is no lie. It's an awesome feeling getting lots of air the suspension soaks it up so nicely that you don't even feel that you've landed.

I do agree that it takes much more stamina to ride a quad. You bike riders know what head shake feels like, and racing MX on a quad on a rough track is like getting the worst headshake ever but you get it everywhere and not just when you get a little squirly. When I went to bikes, I could ride that thing for ever without getting tired, but then again, part of that was that I'm used to moving at a much faster pace and then I started riding at a really slow pace trying to get used to the bike. But either way, riding MX on quads will get you into better shape, faster, than riding MX on a bike. Don't get me wrong though, both are still VERY demanding. I have respect for any racer, whether they're MX racers, TT racers, FMX, XC, quad, bike, or any other kind, they all take a lot of skill.

400exmom
12-19-2003, 05:14 AM
maybe its a girl thing but holding up a ktm 200 for 2 hours and ridin my *** is WORE OUT!!! i can ride my 400 quad for 8 hours hard and still go~

seatec
12-19-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
maybe its a girl thing but holding up a ktm 200 for 2 hours and ridin my *** is WORE OUT!!! i can ride my 400 quad for 8 hours hard and still go~

dayum mom. 8 hours? if i do a couple laps of hard riding on at rausch creek i beat to a pulp. wish i was in that good of shape!

400exmom
12-19-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by seatec
dayum mom. 8 hours? if i do a couple laps of hard riding on at rausch creek i beat to a pulp. wish i was in that good of shape! ok NOT on a mx track!! i ment at like badlands:blah: