PDA

View Full Version : need help with tires choosing for a 250R!

Rrider4life8
12-17-2003, 08:44 PM
ok here is .... I want the kenda claws for my 250R. My friend says that they will take away all my power and to get the MX holeshots. I need to know which tires have the best grip / wear / will get me a good start in a race.

he says the kendas just take away all my power and i just dont know which one.

jay's 300
12-17-2003, 09:08 PM
I don't understand how the Kenda's would take away your power? :confused: My friend has them on his Raptor and they hook up real good! plus you can flip them for soft or hard terrain. I would go w/ 'em, probably will for my next tire. :D

Narly R
12-17-2003, 09:22 PM
I hear Kenda's are awsome!!! I say go with them, I have MXR 18' and love them, but they do wear fast. Kenda, MXR, and Turf Tamers are all good.

Rrider4life8
12-18-2003, 04:40 AM
he says they are only good for 4 strokes ... not 2 strokes.

any advice from some experiance with these 2 tires on the track

thank you

12-18-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
he says they are only good for 4 strokes ... not 2 strokes.

any advice from some experiance with these 2 tires on the track

thank you

well umm....ur friend might be wronge...

but anyways yea the kendas are supposed to be the best bang for the buck ;)

XANDADA
12-18-2003, 06:58 AM
If ya look at what most the pro's are running its pretty much tied between Holeshot and Maxxis (for 250r's) and tamers on dry hard pack. I tried a set of Tamers and thought they sucked for anything but dry hard pack. I was interested in the Kenda's too, but the tread doesn't look aggressive enough to me. I have a lot of trouble with wheel spin so that's why I'm a little concerned about the Kenda's. I dunno, I'm prolly gonna stick with Maxxis...

Cole Trane
12-18-2003, 08:59 AM
I just bought a set of rear kenda's, haven't got them on yet, but can't wait to. I have heard nothing but great things about them. Good Luck!!:D

Moded86R
12-18-2003, 04:45 PM
I used to run holeshot mx's.They where a great tire.But they got holes to easily.I have only riden on mx razr's mx's once.And they seemed to be a great tire also.

Rrider4life8
12-18-2003, 05:48 PM
which ones have the least wear???

310Rduner
12-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I would say that the kenda's and the tamers would most likely wear less. If you want a tire that will get hardly any wear, but with a sacrifice of performance, then try some 18" razr mx's.

rider250ex
12-20-2003, 09:29 AM
hey. do you think the klaw mx's will be good for jolly roger and southwick. it seems kind of hard to pick a tire that will be good at both tracks seeing they are soo different from what i see. let me knwo what works for you guys there

Tom TRX250R
12-21-2003, 12:03 AM
I have ran a lot of tires in the past. Some of my favorites are:

Titan Fast Trekkers- an excellent tire probably my favorite I've owned.

Maxxis Raz'rs are also great tires and don't wear as fast as holeshots.

Holeshot XCR- great tire also but wears pretty fast

I have the same problem as XANDADA with tires spinning so I look for a tire that will hook up well and also last long. Just my 2 cents!:D