PDA

View Full Version : Another Win for the 450R

300XFST4602
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
What a day , This thing rocks. On the front page on Exriders click the link , Noticed all it had done was the ITP tires and white brother exaust , plus its compition in the background had from Pep suspension to aftermarket a-arms cough cough yfz450 cough cough:macho . But I am excited to see what Farr does with it.

BUCK442
12-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Whats up with all the dealers getting postponed arrivals. I am sponsored by two Honda Dealers and both have been pushed back. I also caught wind through the grapevine That a highly ranked GNCC rider did not like the honda, based on its starting method. I hear that a mid pack start would be the norm based on his/her testing.

Anyone actually done the 10sec drill with one?:(

I bleed red but I think I am turning blue holding my breath!:D

lukester720
12-17-2003, 05:17 PM
These pics are the best that I've seen so far I can't wait to get mine.

I was wanting to know where you found your info on what the gncc rider said about starting the R. I always like to read new stuff good or bad.

cinigen9
12-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
I also caught wind through the grapevine That a highly ranked GNCC rider did not like the honda, based on its starting method. I hear that a mid pack start would be the norm based on his/her testing.

Anyone actually done the 10sec drill with one?:(

I bleed red but I think I am turning blue holding my breath!:D

can you expand on what you heard about this?

MIA450R
12-17-2003, 08:58 PM
It wasn't Farr riding it...

Woody_YFZ
12-18-2003, 02:41 AM
What pro couldn't win the intermediate class on a stock 450R?? Just as stated on that thread that the same rider won a similar race on a stock YFZ.

Guy400
12-18-2003, 04:58 AM
By all accounts stated so far the 450R is as easy to start, if not easier, than just about any 250R. Why would pros shy away from a kickstart 450R when many of them still get the holeshot on 250R's that they're kicking now? Trust me, if the 450R came with an optional electric start I'd buy it over the kicker but it's not one of the major deciding factors for me. My priorites are:
1.) Frame strength
2.) Motor/tranny reliability
3.) Handling/braking
4.) Power/speed

I've formed my opinion of the YFZ and haven't ruled it out. I'm just waiting on some real world results of the TRX for 4-5 months and I'll make my decision.

BUCK442
12-18-2003, 09:08 PM
These are only rumors flying through the racer phone tree. It is all second hand info. I was told that the motor on the crf does not rev out as fast, which I would asume would decrease acceleration response. Yeah the whole kick start is not that big of a deal, especially in mx but in xc having a get off and a quick restart is very important, just 15-20 secs can put you mid pack. These guys in the GNCC races now are flying and once they get outta site good luck.
Sad to say I priced the yami today OTD price was 6979.00 thats is 6499 base which is 400 under retail, think thats a good deal?

Oh yeah, I can take it home tommarow!

cinigen9
12-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by BUCK442

Sad to say I priced the yami today OTD price was 6979.00 thats is 6499 base which is 400 under retail, think thats a good deal?

Oh yeah, I can take it home tommarow!

I would shop around. Dont know how far you are from St Louis, but some of the rural dealers on the missouri side are making pretty good deals.

BigAl
12-19-2003, 08:08 AM
thats about what I paid for mine buck.

IL sales tax is too high.

RobRacing
12-19-2003, 08:56 AM
All you guys claiming that stuff you read on the internet will make your decision to go blue or red are bogus. Who cares what other people think about either quad. Get what you truly want not what somebody else suggest. You will regret not getting what you wanted because it won't satisfy you. Ride both of them yourself then choose. I myself am getting the honda, I rode a YZF and it's just to small for me. I got my TRX for $6246 OTD.

Watch out for my line of suspension products soon to come out.

Bretmd94
12-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Once again im still very happy its kickstart only. It keeps those who shouldnt be riding it off the bike. And for GNCC the people that win (Bill Balance) ride 250R's and have to kick start anywyas. They dont have a problem with it taking time on the start.

As for OTD price, i dont know. they wrote down 6499 on my deposit. Theres no sales tax (yet) in OR so i wouldnt think it would be much higher than that.

BUCK442
12-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks Y'all! I am leaning toward blue. It is a sad day:(

Tired of waiting.

BUCK442
12-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, I turned Blue or I should say Red and White today. The dealer shot me out the door with a price of 6745.00 so I loaded it up. Rode for about an hour and I like it. I wish honda would have get on the ball, had money burning hole in my pocket.

AlaskaSpeed
12-20-2003, 08:49 PM
congrats on the new ride...you'll like it more with each ride........JIM

BUCK442
12-20-2003, 09:59 PM
I hope so, I got a little buyers remorse right now, but I am sure when we start doing some testing tommarow a smile will appear.

We will be testing a slightly modified YFZ, Stock YFZ against a slightly moded ex. Seeing is believing, I hope.

I am planning on racing stock class next year in GNCC, I got a baby girl on the way so I cant afford all the goddies.

I really should have waited till I sold my EX,,,,,OH well.:rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Congrats on the baby on the way....I have 3 kids myself....:D There isn't much I haven't done test drags against now, but I also have changed quite a bit; not near stock. I have a 13:1 GYTR piston on it's way to compliment the cam mod, YZ needle, K&N filter, and 15 tooth countershaft sprocket. Even without the high compression piston, this thing is plain scary fast so far. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.......JIM

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/YFZ450_rearside.JPG

AtvMxRider
12-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.......JIM

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/YFZ450_rearside.JPG

Will Honda bolt pattern fit on a Yamaha?

12-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey ALASKASPEED...

Don't you ever get sick of posting pics of your quad....you post a pic of it in almost every thread you go into....lmao

I bet you have a framed pic of it right next to your bed.

Enough is enough....have some respect for the bandwidth you hog up....

And OMG what happened to your front plastic? It looks ruined cut like that. I'd make the guy who ruined it pay for a new set. Race cut is awesome...but that....is AWEFUL. :macho

AtvMxRider
12-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by HRC450R
Hey ALASKASPEED...

Don't you ever get sick of posting pics of your quad....you post a pic of it in almost every thread you go into....lmao

And OMG what happened to your front plastic? It looks ruined cut like that. I'd make the guy who ruined it pay for a new set. Race cut is awesome...but that....is AWEFUL. :macho

Post some pics of your quad then..........:rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Hey ALASKASPEED...

Hey, dumbass....I have to guess that since I am hosting the picture, the bandwidth I hog up is not something that can be said for your **** for brains posts........

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/Tabby_Oreo.JPG

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:36 AM
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0010.JPG

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:37 AM
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/pigeon1.jpg

12-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Post some pics of your quad then..........:rolleyes:

No need...don't have one at moment...

I just think it's so funny how this guy likes to post the hell out of those pics....in almost every thread he goes in.

WE ALL SEEN IT A 10000 TIMES....give it up man.

And if I post a pic here...I ONLY do it ONCE.....in respect for the ADMINS...

kids....

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:38 AM
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/YFZ450_rear1.JPG

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:41 AM
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/YFZ450_side2.JPG

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:47 AM
No need...don't have one at moment...

I just think it's so funny how this guy likes to post the hell out of those pics....in almost every thread he goes in.

WE ALL SEEN IT A 10000 TIMES....give it up man.

And if I post a pic here...I ONLY do it ONCE.....in respect for the ADMINS...

kids....

Do you pay for bandwidth? Are you even a patron? You make the snyde "kids" comment, but once you learn to bite your toungue I and others might have respect for your f'd up opinions........

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0022.JPG

Chef
12-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Nice pics Jim...that things lookin sweet, as usual.:macho

AtvMxRider
12-21-2003, 09:55 AM

kids....

WTF you calling a Kid?:huh

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Chef
Nice pics Jim...that things lookin sweet, as usual.:macho

Thanks, Donnie...still not complete, but getting there.... Sad thing is it's not even close to being as nice as the Genesis R!!!

Chef
12-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Thanks, Donnie...still not complete, but getting there.... Sad thing is it's not even close to being as nice as the Genesis R!!!

The best thing about the R is that I dont have to part it out anymore!! WOO!! I'm gonna be wreakin havoc all down the Oregon Coast by spring.:D

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 10:04 AM
The best thing about the R is that I dont have to part it out anymore!! WOO!! I'm gonna be wreakin havoc all down the Oregon Coast by spring.:D

We'll make it down sometime to ride with ya....working all the details out has been harder than I figured with all the guys involved; but we will make it. I still owe Tina a ride.......:devil:

12-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Just as I said...I knew that the idiot would post more pics of his YFZ with that *** looking graphics kit and front fender...how about a front shot now....so I can laugh some more!

Guy400
12-21-2003, 10:29 AM
As a moderator here I more than welcome Jim's pictures of his quad. First off, he's linking pictures here so it's taking very little of the site's bandwidth. Secondly, if he were posting them as attachments that means he's paid the membership fee so in effect, he's paid for his bandwidth. Lastly, flaming won't get you far here. Ragging on his graphics choice, how his fenders are cut, etc. is very immature, especially when you don't even have a quad. Care to post some pics of your sweet Huffy? I'm sure plenty of us would have some comments...

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 10:46 AM
yep......trouble always seems to search me out......:rolleyes:

12-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
As a moderator here I more than welcome Jim's pictures of his quad. First off, he's linking pictures here so it's taking very little of the site's bandwidth. Secondly, if he were posting them as attachments that means he's paid the membership fee so in effect, he's paid for his bandwidth. Lastly, flaming won't get you far here. Ragging on his graphics choice, how his fenders are cut, etc. is very immature, especially when you don't even have a quad. Care to post some pics of your sweet Huffy? I'm sure plenty of us would have some comments...

I stand corrected about the bandwidth...that's about it.

No offense Guy....I just get a kick out of somebody that is in love with himself and his quad....we have seen it like a 1000 times...I simply asked him if he got sick of posting the pics in every damn thread he goes in....then he got all uptight....so get your chit straight before it comes out of your mouth.

And I was not insulting him about the fraphics and the fenders....I was insulting the graphics and the fenders themselves.

As to your Huffy comment...which is MORE immature by FAR...your quad would not stand a chance against my bike. Neither will that YFZ.

And by the way...EX or YFZ this! When you get something that can hang...then come talk smacktalk...
http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/images/thehulk/KX500PC1.jpg

Chef
12-21-2003, 01:31 PM
And by the way...EX or YFZ this!
http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/images/thehulk/KX500PC1.jpg

Can we R that?

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/chef/done+outside0006.jpg

12-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Nice R...really nice...LOOKING THAT IS....

Take note....The KX500's liquid-cooled 499cc five-speed two-stroke engine features the Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve System (KIPS), and pumps out 65 horsepower for incredible speed and acceleration.

IN STOCK FORM!

All that polishing don't make it any faster...:macho

Chef
12-21-2003, 01:46 PM

Yea, but the PSI 425 does.:blah:

12-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Yea, but the PSI 425 does.:blah:

SWEET....and BTW I'm a R man at heart anyways...

310Rduner
12-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Nice R...really nice...LOOKING THAT IS....

Take note....The KX500's liquid-cooled 499cc five-speed two-stroke engine features the Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve System (KIPS), and pumps out 65 horsepower for incredible speed and acceleration.

IN STOCK FORM!

And the fact that it looks like a piped kx250 doesn't impress either

310Rduner
12-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
And the fact that it looks like a piped kx250 doesn't impress either

Only 65 out of a 500cc motor? My little ole 310 (actually a 295) pumps out around 57??;)

Guy400
12-21-2003, 01:52 PM
No offense Guy....I just get a kick out of somebody that is in love with himself and his quad....we have seen it like a 1000 times...I simply asked him if he got sick of posting the pics in every damn thread he goes in....then he got all uptight....so get your chit straight before it comes out of your mouth.

And I was not insulting him about the fraphics and the fenders....I was insulting the graphics and the fenders themselves.How do you insult the fenders and graphics that Jim cut and installed without insulting him?

Nice avatar...I may be using the "Game Over" line here shortly:D

12-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Oh.. btw.. only 65 out of a 500cc motor? My little ole 310 pumps out around 57??;)

You better have some porting to go with that 310 sunny...When your R was stock it wasn't even HALF the hp as my Stock KX...so don't try to go there....you're so smart... :o

The KX is ported, polished, carb, overbored, and then some...WELL over stock HP. WELL OVER.....children!

Chef
12-21-2003, 02:07 PM
You better have some porting to go with that 310 sunny...When your R was stock it wasn't even HALF the hp as my Stock KX...so don't try to go there....you're so smart... :o
!

It also wasnt half the CC's, and had no PV.

12-21-2003, 02:14 PM
How do you insult the fenders and graphics that Jim cut and installed without insulting him?

Nice avatar...I may be using the "Game Over" line here shortly:D

Well....first off...I didn't mean to insult anybody in the first place...if my best friend does something that looks stupid to his truck...I'd tell him. Try to help out a stranger by tellin' him how it looks to me...and get lashed at for it. It's ok...he can believe what he wants.

As for your stupidity with your Game Over comment....go ahead and ban me for asking a simple question and stating my opinion. If that makes you feel like a big man...go ahead...

Doibugu2
12-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Chef clean out your mailbox.

Guy400
12-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Easy there, did you see the smiley I put at the end of my "Game Over" comment? That meant I was being sarcastic.

The fact of the matter is this, you don't like Jim. There's plenty of people who post plenty of pics of plenty of different things but I don't see you being "Picture Policeman" with them. Both sides have said their piece, let's get back to the topic at hand.

12-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Easy there, did you see the smiley I put at the end of my "Game Over" comment? That meant I was being sarcastic.

The fact of the matter is this, you don't like Jim. There's plenty of people who post plenty of pics of plenty of different things but I don't see you being "Picture Policeman" with them. Both sides have said their piece, let's get back to the topic at hand.

....as to me having anything against Jim...I don't. And no...I won't try to be picture policeman again...I was wrong in doing so as it turns out since he's linking to them. I'm sorry for finding it pathetic that he has to post his pics in just about every thread he goes into. For now on...I'll keep that to myself. Besides that...he appears to be a good guy...just figured he'd get the message so he wouldn't look so pathetic for posting it sooooo much. I look at that as trying to help him out in a round about way...

Jim...your quad is really nice...we know that...but enough is enough man...if you got anything else to say to me...take it to PM.

Definately...back to topic

AtvMxRider
12-21-2003, 02:55 PM
[B
Jim...your quad is really nice...we know that...but enough is enough man... [/B]

LMGDAO you would have been better off just saying Jim let's see the pics of your quad.

AlaskaSpeed
12-21-2003, 08:13 PM
....as to me having anything against Jim...I don't. And no...I won't try to be picture policeman again...I was wrong in doing so as it turns out since he's linking to them. I'm sorry for finding it pathetic that he has to post his pics in just about every thread he goes into. For now on...I'll keep that to myself. Besides that...he appears to be a good guy...just figured he'd get the message so he wouldn't look so pathetic for posting it sooooo much. I look at that as trying to help him out in a round about way...

Jim...your quad is really nice...we know that...but enough is enough man...if you got anything else to say to me...take it to PM.

Definately...back to topic

Man, I really was done with this....I see you had to keep going with the insults even when "apologizing" in your half *** way........
First off, you are a fool. I actually was out riding today and come back to see how pathetic you are by carrying on with this bs.....and yet you say I look pathetic for posting pics of my quad on a quad forum....STFU....:rolleyes:
Truth is, I probably post pics less than 95% of people on here and have never had anything to do with you. You want to play dumbass with me, go ahead. You aren't the first little **** to mess with me over a computer; and sadly won't be the last.
Just be glad that you and your moronic games are on the other end of the country, maybe I need to change my location to NY to keep you in check. Chicken **** guys like you are a dime a dozen.......:cool:

12-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Take it to PM GIRLIE.

We don't need your chit public...:blah:

trx440
12-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Isn't this thread about another race the 450R won or something??

Why do you people yak about this and that? Who GAF about your silly attempts to embarrass one another. Take that stuff to PM's and leave it there.

This is EXRiders.com. I should'nt have to read a pissing match between a YFZ owner and a KX500 [ a bike for God's sake! ] owner.

If the only reason you modify your ride is to show off on the internet to a bunch of people you WILL NEVER MEET, then you my friend need therapy.

Get a grip you narcissistic freaks.

12-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Isn't this thread about another race the 450R won or something??

Why do you people yak about this and that? Who GAF about your silly attempts to embarrass one another. Take that stuff to PM's and leave it there.

If the only reason you modify your ride is to show off on the internet to a bunch of people you WILL NEVER MEET, then you my friend need therapy.

Get a grip you narcissistic freaks.

I agree...if I wanted to to embarrass him...I'd put up THIS PIC! (http://www.rriders.com/trx250r_forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=20124)

Pappy
12-21-2003, 09:53 PM
alright already. :p