PDA

View Full Version : clutch - magura, how to bleed?

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2003, 12:18 PM
how do you bleed a Magura master cylinder clutch assembly

RideRed400StYlE
12-17-2003, 12:22 PM
thye come pre-bled. if for some reason you should have to bleed it just add fluid and pump the crap out of it. because the resevoir is mounted higher the air should rise and come out. thats how it was for my salve cylinder on my car. I would imagine its the same for these. make sure you use mineral oil and not brake fluid!!

Colby@C&DRacing
12-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Actually there is a bleeding procedure and you have to have a bleed kit and it bleeds from the bottom up. Give me a call and I can walk you through it

12-17-2003, 01:31 PM
ya..i heard these things were a pain in the *** to bleed...thats wh y i never got one

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2003, 02:00 PM
dont have the bleed kit, just the mineral oil

wyndzer
12-17-2003, 06:07 PM
They are actually very easy to bleed w/ a syringe and mineral oil. Buy the kit it is well worth the 20 bucks.

stupid driver
12-17-2003, 07:20 PM
I hope its easy to bleed, im pretty sure im gettin one for x-mas :D

EXtreme
12-18-2003, 11:29 AM
I was going to get a Magure but was told the Hebo was a superior hydraulic clutch system (Thats the one they run on the Gas Gas's) so thats what I got. I have had no problems with mine. Anyone else got the Hebo?

pnut420
12-18-2003, 12:53 PM
I have to bleed my Magura cause I got it in a little bind and now the cylinder is shot, it was awesome when it worked right, but they just seem a little to easy to break, Im going to fix it and see how it works out next time.

Jeffksf
12-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by EXtreme
I was going to get a Magure but was told the Hebo was a superior hydraulic clutch system (Thats the one they run on the Gas Gas's) so thats what I got. I have had no problems with mine. Anyone else got the Hebo?

Hey I've never heard of that brand, where did you get it? Do they have a website?

YZROOSTINYA
12-19-2003, 11:49 AM
any way to rig a kit to bleed it?

4TraxRider
12-19-2003, 11:55 AM
When i bled mine after the line broke, I put it all back together, put fluid in it until the bubbles stopped coming out of the top. The I cracked the allen head screw where the line goes in, while holding the lever to the bars. The bubbles leaked out there and the it seemed to work fine after that.

YZROOSTINYA
12-19-2003, 12:05 PM
I will give it a whirl. thanks.

The clutch worked but only half way. it would not pull in all the way. loss of pressure.

EXtreme
12-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
Hey I've never heard of that brand, where did you get it? Do they have a website?

I got mine from my local shop here in town. I sure if you have a dealer around you that sells Gas Gas they could get you one. I couldn't find a web site for the clutch system though.

EXtreme
12-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Jeffksf

Ahh I found the web-site try this
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/merlinbooks/motohebo.html

pnut420
12-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by EXtreme
Ahh I found the web-site try this
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/merlinbooks/motohebo.html

Wow that one looks alot beefier than the magura, I like how it uses a cable instead of a solid rod like the magura that way it anything goes wrong it doesnt tweak the slave cylinder