PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating stuff

ThyJuGGaLo
12-16-2003, 08:47 PM
well i started tearing down my 300 to get it powder coated. well a few questions...
1. whats the average cost to do, frame, swing arm, aarms and steering stem? i don't wanna know whos the best or who can do it the cheapest i just wanna know the average cost.
2. what makes powdercoating so much better then just painting?
3. what is the exact name of this color if it has a special name? i really like this color and was thinking of do it this color. i found the pic a while ago, saved it, can't find who posted it origionally .http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pe6c104572904987b7377a0d0739342aa/fa475edc.jpg

toby400ex
12-16-2003, 08:54 PM
I dont know much about the rest of your questions because a friend did my frame for free:D . But it does hold up great. Professionally applied auto paint holds up better than spray paint but u cant get some of the cool color combos and textures out of normal paint. If you are talking about spray paint it just plain blows, it tends to scratch fade and chip easy. If u have stock honda a-arms u wont be able to powdercoat them because the heat ruins the balljoints. I think that color is sometimes referred to as Elka red, atleast around here, im pretty sure its chrome pc with trans red or some other red on top of it then prolly a clear coat. O yeah, pc is completely gas and oil resistant.

Woodsrider
12-16-2003, 08:56 PM
That looks like "candy red translucent" over a base coat of "clear chrome". Judging by the background it looks like a frame that Pappy did.

Johnny & Monica
12-16-2003, 10:57 PM
1st warning for advertising.

gibson400ex
12-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
1st warning for advertising.

how was anybody advertising:huh

Pappy
12-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
how was anybody advertising:huh

he posted his prices for the work and his phone number.

would you like to be banned again?

gibson400ex
12-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
he posted his prices for the work and his phone number.

would you like to be banned again?

sorry pappy:(

Pappy
12-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
sorry pappy:(

no sweat...the edited by option isnt active so i assumed you thought he was asking or giving a warning.

frame prices range from free to over $300 lmfao

the color is translucent red

gibson400ex
12-18-2003, 06:00 PM
no sweat...the edited by option isnt active so i assumed you thought he was asking or giving a warning.

frame prices range from free to over $300 lmfao

the color is translucent red

Thanks! i dont want to get banned again so i will keep my mouth closed.

Pappy
12-18-2003, 06:01 PM
i love this color. its not the easiest to do but looks sweet. i just did harlens frame and i even impressed myself. this is the best frame picture i have of a transred frame. maybe ill update my pics once striker gets online.

gibson400ex
12-18-2003, 06:05 PM
i love this color. its not the easiest to do but looks sweet. i just did harlens frame and i even impressed myself. this is the best frame picture i have of a transred frame. maybe ill update my pics once striker gets online.

i really likin the red frame Pappy! the yellow one is the same as our old 250x's frame

Pappy
12-18-2003, 06:08 PM
when i first started pc'n ...trans red was the number one color that everyone wanted. then it went to trans blue. now i shoot too much to keep track of it.

YamaWarr0121
12-18-2003, 06:14 PM
wow my stuffs gonna look saweeet in that color:blah:

only_banshees
12-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Sent my parts to pappy on the 23rd of october, I have yet to see them. Seems like I have been getting the run around since, and thats for a customers bike that was supposed to be a christmas present for his son, ended up having to put in a order for another bunch of parts for his bike, now I have to go to a local p'cer to get them sprayed (maybe:???) in time. Thank god this guy is a friend otherwise we would of been screwed.

Anyone else take bulk orders, we have a shop that does alot of custom aftermarket quad work and we are looking for a reputable place who wants the business. Any replys would be great, Thanks.

only_banshees
12-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Please Pm with contact numbers etc.. regarding info on p'cing

Pappy
12-19-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by only_banshees
Sent my parts to pappy on the 23rd of october, I have yet to see them. Seems like I have been getting the run around since, and thats for a customers bike that was supposed to be a christmas present for his son, ended up having to put in a order for another bunch of parts for his bike, now I have to go to a local p'cer to get them sprayed (maybe:???) in time. Thank god this guy is a friend otherwise we would of been screwed.

Anyone else take bulk orders, we have a shop that does alot of custom aftermarket quad work and we are looking for a reputable place who wants the business. Any replys would be great, Thanks.

lets get the rest of the story here....

you sent payment back in july i believe. you delayed shipping the parts until the end of october. you were informed i was moving and the parts were going to be delayed. i responded to you email and will be shipping your parts back unfinished with your money. the fault lie's within you not shipping the parts. others have sent parts and were told to expect delays during november and december. i dunno how much more upfront and honest i can be.

only_banshees
12-19-2003, 10:49 PM
you got paid paypal in august for the job! which is not the issue here,nor should it be when I sent them, you were moving?, it would of been fine if I knew this, I have recieved other emails from people who you have done stuff for. I have the email that you wrote stating you would have it done before christmas which you probually never even did a thing other then recieve the money.

I was informed after 1 month and a half, which it took 3 emails to get you to reply back to me that you have not done it yet.

"the fault lie's within you not shipping the parts" You recieved the parts 2 months ago. I have recieved poor service or just plan poor communication either way I was given the run around

Honest?? not to sure. If you were honest I should of been contacted that the job could not be completed within 2-3 months and I would of done business with someone else.

Pappy
12-19-2003, 11:05 PM
you would have an arguement if i didnt answer every email. or i continually told you your parts would be completed by a certain date. it has been no secret here that i moved. hell i even have had threads about it and the new place.

i apologize for not meeting your deadline or expectation but your efforts to make me look bad arent gonna work. as stated your parts and money will be returned. i have done thousands of parts for people on this site and rarely miss a deadline.