View Full Version : Rear Shock

ghak99
12-16-2003, 07:44 PM
What company wiil give you the best bang for the buck when rebuilding a rear shock?

12-16-2003, 08:00 PM
from what iv'e heard santo derisi....hes doing mine pretty soon after x-mas when i get the $$$ ;)

Nausty
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
honestly, just giving some feed back I had a lot of bad luck w/ my rebuild. Didn't care for the performance, reliability, lack of adjustability. Ended up blowing about 2 seals missing about 2 or 3 months worth of riding, and a loss of 330 bucks because of it. I would suggest going w/ fully aftermarket that way you can sell your stock one and make up most of the differance or just save it so you can part it out when you sell your quad and put your stock parts back on and only take a small loss. Also its nice having a back up shock when its in getting revalved or a friend needs help.:)

zfire_28
12-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
honestly, just giving some feed back I had a lot of bad luck w/ my rebuild. Didn't care for the performance, reliability, lack of adjustability. Ended up blowing about 2 seals missing about 2 or 3 months worth of riding, and a loss of 330 bucks because of it. I would suggest going w/ fully aftermarket that way you can sell your stock one and make up most of the differance or just save it so you can part it out when you sell your quad and put your stock parts back on and only take a small loss. Also its nice having a back up shock when its in getting revalved or a friend needs help.:)

who built your shock.......I would be pissed if that happened to me. I would have called up whoever built it and start yelln.

Kory Ellis ran a stock rear shock rebuilt by pep on the yfz he raced last season.

12-17-2003, 09:52 PM
www.derisiracing.com :)

Santo DeRisi
12-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I fully stand behind my rebuilds!! :)

muff
12-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
I fully stand behind my rebuilds!! :)

good to hear...I'll be getting my rear shock rebuilt in a month or so, and I know where its gonna go :cool: