PDA

View Full Version : Case Savers (After market a joke)

02-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Bought a new (billet) Case Saver in the event my chain breaks loose on my 400 ex. After pulling off the stock I realized that there was a stock one in place and after comparing the two there was no way I would downgrade to the cheap flimsy new aluminum one vs. the stock steel H.D. one.
If you have a stock one then stick with it!
However if you up size your sprocket then you will have no choice.

beerock
02-17-2002, 03:13 PM
heh, that depends on where you order the case saver from.

The nacs case savers IMHO are junk.

I have a duncan racing case saver made from billet aluminum and its better than the stock case saver

PsychoDave
02-17-2002, 03:25 PM
i have a bullet case saver and it seems to be beefy....

EX 80
02-17-2002, 03:28 PM
I have both on my 400 i have the stock steel one and a k and k one. I only wanted the after market one for looks.

coryatver
02-17-2002, 05:10 PM
My stock one got bend so replaced it with a speed racing saver and it looks beefer but it is aluminum.

02-17-2002, 09:18 PM
i got a red nac's one, its kool, i bent the stock thing wit my hands, it eels like tin foil

Leo
02-18-2002, 05:13 AM
coming soon the the exriders.com store.. a beefy billet case saver / chain guard... very slick :D

http://www.thump-racing.com/products/guardfront_lg.jpg

http://www.thump-racing.com/products/guardback_lg.jpg

Leo

MOFO
02-18-2002, 05:50 AM
How soon is soon? I'm ready to buy a case saver, but I'd much rather buy that one Leo.... How much do you expect that to be?

Eric

knighttime
02-18-2002, 07:09 AM
I have an impressive looking ProDesign billet case saver that doesnt allow u 2 use the stock chain guard. When is yours for sale and how much?

02-18-2002, 07:39 AM
I don't think I'd trust the stocker over a billet one,,,I do like the pics of the one Leo posted,,might have to replace the speed racing one maybe???:confused:

Scott
02-18-2002, 08:52 AM
My question is will there also be one that fits the 300ex, or do they interchange??? I've never tried comparing those parts...

400exRacerX
02-18-2002, 09:32 AM
I have a White Brothers billet case saver and its alot bigger and stronger than the stock. I also got it for the looks.

02-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Thats more like it Leo! How much and when avail?

Leo
02-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
How soon is soon? I'm ready to buy a case saver, but I'd much rather buy that one Leo.... How much do you expect that to be?

Eric

$64.99

I've got one in stock, more on order..

If anyone is interested before they get added to the store PM me for ordering details..

Leo

Honda Guy
02-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Leo where are you buying them from?

Leo
02-18-2002, 06:17 PM
A machine shop, guy makes some very slick billet parts... They aren't "name brand" but the quality is much higher than most of the stuff I've looked at. The fuel knob is a work of art!

So far I have that case saver / chaing guard, just a billet case saver, fuel knob, resevoir cover, throttle cover, parking brake block-off, and handlebar clamp to add to the store. Most come with matching stainless steel hardware.

Leo

Chef
02-18-2002, 07:00 PM
I think I just might spend my first moneyt at the exriders.com store on the case saver, fuel knob, some exriders stickers, the throttle cover, the resivoir cover(is it for front or rear?), and the handle bar clamp if it says exriders on it...:cool:

02-18-2002, 07:18 PM
You never give out your sources when in the resale business world!
And most wouldnt do onez twoz orders anyhow.

Leo
02-18-2002, 07:32 PM
the chain guard I have in stock is now sold.. but I have more coming in the next few days ;)

Leo

MOFO
02-19-2002, 06:33 AM
damn! I got to bed and they are sold out already. Let us know when you get re-stocked....thanks!

Eric

Leo
02-22-2002, 09:39 PM
OK, just tracked the shipment, they are going to arrive here on 2/28.. If anyone is interested in getting there name on one (they are going fast).. send me a PM

I also have a number of other billet products that will be available in the EXriders.com store soon (hopefully by the end of the weekend).

Leo

400exBro
02-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
I have a White Brothers billet case saver and its alot bigger and stronger than the stock. I also got it for the looks.

Where did you get the wb ones from???? How much was it and are they avalible in any other colours.
Got any pics send em to tibidoh34@hotmail.com i would like to see it befroe i would buy it, or is there a pic on the wb web site??
thanks
Bro

Honda Guy
02-23-2002, 03:15 PM
LEO will they work with a 16 tooth sporket?

400exBro
02-24-2002, 07:31 AM
Are the billet ones at the bottom of the store strong leo??? they look like it, i might pick ones of those up if they are.
lata
Bro

Quadfather
02-25-2002, 08:25 PM
I received my case saver from Leo yesterday. Let me tell you something, these things are top quality merchandise. I must've stared at it for ten minutes when I first took it out of the box. I couldn't beleive how beautifully manufactured these items are. I haven't installed it yet, but it feels like you could whack it a few times with a sledge and not damage it one bit.

I am looking forward to seeing what other products Leo will have in the near future.

400exBro
02-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I received my case saver from Leo yesterday. Let me tell you something, these things are top quality merchandise. I must've stared at it for ten minutes when I first took it out of the box. I couldn't beleive how beautifully manufactured these items are. I haven't installed it yet, but it feels like you could whack it a few times with a sledge and not damage it one bit.

I am looking forward to seeing what other products Leo will have in the near future.

What case saver did ya get?? one with the screen type at the front or the open one???
got any pics??
lata
Bro

out4sand
02-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I have one almost identical to Leo's on my 400ex that I got from a machine guy and it looks incredible! So much better then stock and it looks good to boot, you can't beat that!! :D