View Full Version : quick dumbass questions about douglas rims, please help

300EXrider02
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
I am going to get douglas rims all around, for a set of tires I have, I wanted 3:2 offset (which means 3 outside and 2 inside right?) but say I got the rims, and I wanted a 2:3 offset to make the front end a bit shorter, couldnt I just flip the rims around? why dont they make just one kind of rim, and you put them on the way you want, I ask this because I never owned them, just wondering if like one side is dull and the other shiny or something, thanks for any help, if someone could respond soon that would be greeaaaaaaaat....i am trying to order them today

boogiechile
12-16-2003, 02:15 PM
You've got it backwards, 1st number is the inside and the second is to the outside. The reason you can't just flip them is because the valve stem has to be to the outside so it does not hit the caliper. Also the billet type rims use tapered lugs and that taper has to be cut in one side. putting a taper in both sides would mean the center section of the wheel would have to be twice as thick

wilkin250r
12-16-2003, 02:15 PM
The problem is the valve stem. I know of many people that do this, but you would need to relocate the valve stem.

If you DON'T relocate the valve stem, it will flap against your brakes. Eventually, it will break or wear a hole, and you lose all your air in that tire.

Aside from the valve stem, there is no reason at all that you cannot flip your rims around.

westcoastmxer
12-17-2003, 06:41 PM
i got 400ex a-arms on my 300 and want it wider...wuts the best off set?