PDA

View Full Version : Rejeting my raptor...need some advise

RaptorRacrr04
12-15-2003, 09:43 PM
k heres the deal...gotta 04 raptor that i bought a jet kit for..and got a white brothers slip on exhaust...rejeted the carbs with the biggest main jet...but put the new needles on the same notch the stock 1's were on..now the problem is that its gotta lil hesitation when u hit it while the airbox lid is off...should i drop the needle down another notch or bring it up 1?:confused:

LTandRaptorider
12-16-2003, 06:27 AM
You will actually have to lean it out a bit. I have the Alba pipe, no airbox lid. I went DOWN one size on the pilot, adjust your airscrews 3 turns out, needle clip I believe is third notch down (lean). I went up two sizes, respectively on the main jets. Keep in mind the left carb is one size leaner than the right.

Hope this helps!

RaptorRacrr04
12-16-2003, 06:48 PM
thanks man..havent had a chance to try it out yet...a friend of mine told me that when he rejeted his carb he went to the biggest pilot, cut 3 coils off the springs(dont know what this would help)and went down a notch on his needles and had no hessitation and was very responsive...so ill try somethin as soon as i get some time on my hands

bdrue
12-16-2003, 10:05 PM
i think the name of this website is EXRIDERS. unless you have a raptor ex? i dunno?

hondarider2006
12-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Buy a Honda:cool: :blah:

RaptorRacrr04
12-17-2003, 04:48 PM
and i think this forum is called...open forum...last time i checked...stfu u nazi honda ridin pos excuse for a human :D

ewalker302
12-17-2003, 05:09 PM
I see you are new, but you should open your eyes before you start talking sh*t.

This is the EX riders powertrain forum, not the Open forum, not that that would be the right place for your question anyway.

We have a place just for you, it's called the NON HONDA FORUM (its kinda hard to miss) it's full of other Craptor riders just itching to answer your questions.

It is here so we don't have to listen to these off brand questions in the Nazi Honda forums.

Better yet just go to Bluetraxx.com with your Craptor questions, im sure there are hundreds of people whining about their POS Yammies & their Honda envy.

:bandit:

norcalatver
12-17-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders why owners of manufactured atvs other than honda ask questions on this site. I just don't see myself asking someone on Bluetraxx a question about my EX!

bdrue
12-18-2003, 01:15 AM
YOU JUST KICKED YOURSELF IN THE *** LOL!

bdrue
12-18-2003, 01:16 AM
im all the way with you on that one ewalker

ZSK
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
I honestly don't get the problem. I think he came here to get a question answered. Bluetraxx has 7,600 members. Exriders has 17,000. True that some are members of both sites (including me) but with 10,000 more members maybe one of them has the answer he needs. If you look back before bdrue posted he actually had his problem solved.

YFZWHEELIER
12-18-2003, 09:15 PM
i dont no y u guys dog raptors, they have twice the power as an ex so stfu, just bcuz u got stuck with the slowest performance quad out aint our fault...400exs, z400s, predetors, ive raced them all and i havnt been beat by one yet:D :D

12-18-2003, 09:23 PM
raptors???? twice the performance???? umm no...the raptor sucks big time for being a 660cc...if a polaris predator can dog one stock for stock & its 500cc's or whatever then thats kind of sad...the raptor is the crappiest four wheeler ever made in every category. theres absolutely nothing special about it.

YFZWHEELIER
12-18-2003, 09:28 PM
sure dude, u got about 20hp and my raptors got about 50, another idiot stuck with a mid-performance quad and a predator cant keep up with a raptor, look in dirt wheels, they put nos on a pred and it had 34hp all together, the raptors come with 35 so g spend a few thousand dollars on a big bore kit if u wanna keep up with me:D :D :D :D

jay's 300
12-18-2003, 09:35 PM
I also seen in dirt wheels where the Z400 was the almighty ATV in their eyes. Is this true? Nope, so there goes the paper facts you had. :rolleyes:

YFZWHEELIER
12-18-2003, 09:38 PM
i didnt c anywhee in dirtwheels that a little 300ex can keep up with a big boy quad either....grow up, i rode a 300ex when i was 4:D :D :macho :macho

jay's 300
12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
The only place I can't keep up w/ my buddies on their Raptors is on the straights. One friend has a '01 686 kit w/ Works susp and all the goodies and the other has an' 02 w/ basic mods, ie: pipe, filter, jetted and axle. Anywhere else I don't have any probs, I also enjoy pull starting them when their one ways go out like they all have had happen! :D :macho :rolleyes:

jay's 300
12-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by YFZWHEELIER
grow up, i rode a 300ex when i was 4:D :D :macho :macho

I'll bet your parents were so proud! :blah:

YFZWHEELIER
12-18-2003, 09:51 PM
LOL ok dude u got me there, i have to admit, my one way went out a few weeks ago so i havnt been ablt to ride it, lol, its gonna cost me almost 400 for em to get the one way and install it :( :(

jay's 300
12-18-2003, 09:57 PM
I know, my wife's cousin just replaced his w/ the one's that are supposed to have like a lifetime warranty, or something like that. I think he got them for around $240 or somewhere close to that. My other friend is still saving for them. Another friend that has the '01 just put the 686 kit in w/ cam and other stuff has never had a problem in 3yrs of hard riding. :confused: Kinda sux Yamaha wouldn't fess up to those being a real problem! I know the guys over at bluetraxx were pissed about it too. Can't blame 'em! :D

YFZWHEELIER
12-18-2003, 09:59 PM
ya man yami should fix these bastartd for free

jay's 300
12-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Yeah, but look at the amount of bikes that they would have to take care of. Instead they just want to look over it. When my friends '02 first went out he called Yamaha about it, it was almost a week before the warranty expired and they told him they'd get back to him. Well, by the time he found out anything his warrant had expired about 2 or 3 days earlier and they told him if it was still under warranty they would fix it! :eek2: Talk about being pissed!