PDA

View Full Version : :(

02-17-2002, 11:04 AM
i was out riding a little while ago and i was at a drag hill me and some people made. it isn't too steep but it goes up hill. and some guy on a banshee came there and i raced him and i got my @$$ kicked :( i think i might sell mine and get one of them. i heard they were fast but this thing blew me away :(

beerock
02-17-2002, 11:51 AM
maybe you need to practice more instead of trying to switch quads.

02-17-2002, 12:34 PM
well i am gonna see him tomorrow and i am gonna see if he will let me try his and i will race him and see if it is me or the quad. i think it is the quad because i been riding for 5 years almost 6 and i know how to ride.

JOEX
02-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Try racing him on the trails;)

Jeff
02-17-2002, 01:53 PM
90% Rider,
10% Bike...

02-17-2002, 03:12 PM
so you're saying that a blaster could beat a 400ex?

Tommy 17
02-17-2002, 03:16 PM
exdude it is possible in certain places... a drag race not... on a motocross track yes... if u have the 400ex but u only go as fast as the blaster can go bc u can't ride the 400ex the blaster is gonna beat u...

PsychoDave
02-17-2002, 03:32 PM
Yesterday I raced a Cannondale Cannibal...i got my ***** handed to me.....That quad was so fast...he only put a pipe on it. For what I put into my Ex (which I love to death) I think my next ride will be a Cannondale! He spent $7000 on it. No problems with it!!! I love honda but they need to make something to compete with the higher displacement bikes!!!!!!!

Moto92
02-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Banshees suck... they go fast in a straight line and thats it.
They have no suspension to them. Just how many time do you ride wide open, that does you no good in the woods or even a track.

bluebaron
03-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Banshees suck... they go fast in a straight line and thats it.
They have no suspension to them. Just how many time do you ride wide open, that does you no good in the woods or even a track. screw off f@G

Sleeping Catfish
03-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by PsychoDave
Yesterday I raced a Cannondale Cannibal...i got my ***** handed to me.....That quad was so fast...he only put a pipe on it. For what I put into my Ex (which I love to death) I think my next ride will be a Cannondale! He spent $7000 on it. No problems with it!!! I love honda but they need to make something to compete with the higher displacement bikes!!!!!!!

:)

03-08-2002, 06:58 PM
psychodave you might have got your arse handed to ya,,but the fact of the matter is,,,honda will always carry your arse around do to their reliability,,as for the c-dale,,time will tell,,,my money's on the honda...your only as fast as your bike will last. I'd race the 400ex in a baja 1000,,,I'd never race a cannondale in a baja 1000 and expect to finish.

PS..I'm not bashing C-dale at all,,,I'd own one myself,,,,but for long duration,,you alllllllreeeeaddy know,,,it's honda. baby

WyoDuner
03-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Well, if you want to go fast the Banshee is a good choice. Also, despite RUMORS to the contrary, they are VERY reliable. Sorry, but people who are blinded by brand are the ones who spread these rumors. Speed, handling, reliability, blah, blah, blah....

Every quad has their strengths so buy the one that suits YOUR riding style. They all have good and bad points.

I will say this, there is no quad on the market today that will give you the same "thrill" as when that Banshee (with pipes of course, mandatory) hits the powerband and wants to rip your arms off... To me personally, that is what it's all about. Others like woods or MX or rock crawling or mudding or whatever. Those people probably wouldn't chose a banshee because that is not what it's built for.

Sleeping Catfish
03-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Rico
psychodave you might have got your arse handed to ya,,but the fact of the matter is,,,honda will always carry your arse around do to their reliability,,as for the c-dale,,time will tell,,,my money's on the honda...your only as fast as your bike will last. I'd race the 400ex in a baja 1000,,,I'd never race a cannondale in a baja 1000 and expect to finish.

PS..I'm not bashing C-dale at all,,,I'd own one myself,,,,but for long duration,,you alllllllreeeeaddy know,,,it's honda. baby

it's ds650, baby:)

03-09-2002, 05:29 PM
hes right banshees r reliable, its mostly retards that screw em up, (not all the time), its wen u put pipes, ect, then they dont queit stack up to honda, but they r extreamly nice bikes, so r the cannondales, if u hav some money in em, thely kill.

FoxRacer400ex
03-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Compared to the top 5 quads (400ex, Raptor, DS650, Banshee, and the Cannandales) the 400ex is the slowest but when you are talking about Handling the 400ex ranks number one. Honda's are also the most well built. Cannondale had a lot of unhappy customers who sent their quads back and got 400ex's. Everytime I go riding I see people fixing their Banshees. 2-stroke people don't mind fixin though. Maybe they have too much YamaLube on the Brain.

MadcapEX
03-12-2002, 08:04 PM
The only problem with banshees is the people who call themselves working on them. I bought one used with fmf pipes/silencers,reeds,wiseco pistons,the works.Only problem was it didnt run worth shinola.Come to find out half the pieces(jets)were missing from the carbs and what was there was all wrong.Once we got it dialed the thing was lethal and required nothing but a slight air adjustment on hot and cold days.I love my ex but I miss the heartstopping power and killerbee wail of a banshee! Agree on the handling issues though

Nausty
03-26-2002, 12:27 PM
yah bansees are cool machines and blasters are pretty good for the price but I do not like the raptor at all. I think the only reason people buy it is the "660" and the looks. Gotta love the banshee though and the sound is awsome.

DuffManIllusion
03-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't want to wreck a cannondale.....

I wouldn't have the money to buy one, let alone fix it!

EricB
04-02-2002, 01:54 PM
90% driver/rider is correct with just about all racing. my friend has a 1996 civic with a Vtech motor in it with intake and exhaust (no im not a rice boy hehe i hate stupid little bumble bee cars). he raced a new mitsubishi montero of all things the other day, he got spanked. why? because he can't shift right =P

same thing with the 'shees their a 2 stroke, you run the piss out of them. but you really have to keep up on maintaince or else they do turn into a pile of poo =)

04-02-2002, 02:08 PM
banshees are a waste of money...they have absolutely no low end power, the crappiest suspenion after the blaster, the only time they have some good power is when they're wide open..now how often do you ride wide open? not often

CHAR250R
04-03-2002, 08:54 AM
I think the Banshee is a great machine. The only way to improve on it would be to let Honda build it! HA HA.