PDA

View Full Version : AC or PRM

dannyboy20
12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
which bumper. I kinda like the looks of the AC over the prm but i have heard that PRM is a much stronger bumper.

TRX310R Rider
12-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey we run the PRM bumper on our 410R and man that thing is strong. A lot lot stronger than the AC in my opinion. The PRM looks really nice too so if I was you I would go with the PRM. I love it and its not even on my bike but I am in the process of building mine and am going to get the PRM if I have enough money. Well thats just my opinion. Hope it helped...Later

toby400ex
12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
PRM bumpers are sweet *****:blah:

Narly R
12-15-2003, 09:46 PM
I ad a AC based bumper, broke it twice. And then put my PRM BACK on and have had NO problems. But I want a AC Stadium Bumper. Love the prm though. Would prolly keep it for woods and stuff.

dannyboy20
12-15-2003, 09:49 PM
well i do alot of open trail riding and. Not soo much threw thick woods. So i dont think i bee hitting too many trees.

MNTNMAN
12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
PRM quality is very good. I have never had anything from AC so I can't say, but I have hit a few large immovable objects and nothing that says PRM on it has broke.

dirtmomma
12-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Check out the TAG & Armadillo ones they are REALLY sweet!!!! I'm looking to get a new bumper for my 300 but don't like the looks of the PRM very much, really like the AC though decisions,decisons,decisions LOL

Pappy
12-16-2003, 08:42 AM
prm and tag both seem to be beefier then ac. ac is a decent product and is priced right

markk
12-16-2003, 12:00 PM
i agree with pappy, and both bumpers have there ups and downs, one being that ac is a little weaker, and the bumper will bend before the frame, and the PRM's are super stong but u always have that posibilty of bending the frame, I know somone how has a PRM and a Duncan and they both are super tuff, they will break a bolt before they bend them selves!

brandonpeake
12-16-2003, 12:56 PM
and u could almost buy three ac bumpers instead of one duncan
ac is like 65 or so duncan is like 169

tants
12-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
I ad a AC based bumper, broke it twice. And then put my PRM BACK on and have had NO problems. But I want a AC Stadium Bumper. Love the prm though. Would prolly keep it for woods and stuff.

seems to me like your ac bumper did its job. if you hit somthing you want the bumper to take the impact, not the frame! id much rather have a broken bumper then a tweaked frame. if you have a undestructible bumper then all the impact in a collision will go to your frame, mabe causing it to tweak. ive had great exp. with my ac stadium bumper. i love looks of them compared to other bumpers. id go with the AC bumper but its your decision.

kudos to the staff at AC Racing, they're always so helpful when i call in my orders :D

Narly R
12-17-2003, 09:49 PM
I like the stadium bumper the best too. I see what ya mean. I hit a tree pretty hard, the bumper wasnt bad quality or anything. I think I bent my frame though too...:( I am getting a stadium bumper soon. I think AC makes great quality products.

dirtmomma
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Yeah I think for the $$ AC has the nicest looking bumper it's just not all big & godie!! I would hope the bumper would bend,snap,come off whatever before tweaking the frame, seems like that would be it's purpose like Tants said much cheaper than a frame. My little stocker has taken a couple hard hits this season & by golly she's still holdin on LOL we had to take the top mounting bolts out to put my sway bar on & had it zippy tied on the top,cuz the bolts wouldn't fit back in well I got hit from the front & WHAM I think the stocker may be on there permanetly w/o the bolts:eek2: It jammed up between the sway bar where the bolt are supposed to be :rolleyes:

250x#93
12-18-2003, 04:01 PM
I'd definitely go wit the ac its way betta for its price i'd say:devil: JMO though;)

dannyboy20
12-18-2003, 06:02 PM
well i went with the PRM. I like the looks of both and i have been trying to decide for about a month now. So hopefullt the Prm will work out for me.

250EXstud
12-20-2003, 01:14 PM
I just got my new prm yesterday. It is awsome and i can't wait to put it on.

4wheelboy
12-20-2003, 02:27 PM
any web site i can get pics of a prm:confused:

dannyboy20
12-20-2003, 04:58 PM
which one did u get any pics ?

Pappy
12-20-2003, 07:34 PM
i owned both. see im not biased:devil: i spread it around:o

JOEX
12-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy