PDA

View Full Version : pro design kill-swith help

Nausty
02-17-2002, 10:38 AM
We are having troubles installing our kill switch and we have been working on it since yesterday and it is really getting ignoying and there isn't much for directions. So far this is what we did we hooked the long wire to coil terminal at same location that misc. other wires are hooked to. we hooked short wire to ground location whre ground terminal to battery bolts to frame and it still doesn't work. Can anyone give us any help or tell us what might be wrong because this is really getting ignoying trying to get this to work. Plus when we pull that thing out of the kill switch it doesn't close all the way just a little bit. Is it suppose to do that or is it suppose to go all the way tell it hits the plastic.

Nausty
02-17-2002, 11:11 AM
bump: help please:)

James70214
02-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Ok The plastic thing is supposed to close when you pull the cord. try pushing it in. You are supposed to hook the wire to the coil if it is a two stroke which the 400 isn't. On the top of your directions it tells you to hook the wire to the negative pulse wire. I did not understand so I called pro design. They told me to hook it up by the handlebars. There are a bunch of wires up on the handlebars wrapped in black plastic. you have to rip the plastic and you will see fike 6 or 7 wires. For me it was the pink and whit wire. I used on of those wire tester that you probe the wires and hit the starter and the tester has has a light bulb onit. when the light starts blinking you have found the correct wire. Then you either tap into the wire or you can solder it to the wire. Then wrap everything with electrical tape. If you have anymore ? you can pm me.

Nausty
02-17-2002, 11:44 AM
Ok thanks a lot. That will really help us out because my dad said it will probably work and it will probably save us a lot of time. We will tell you how it goes once we work on it tonight we are going out to eat since its my birthday so we can't work on it right now.

250exen
02-17-2002, 01:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400exBro
02-20-2002, 11:17 AM
happy b day nausty.
That's what i did as well hooked up to my stock kill switch(ornage on off switch on black box on handle bars) I think the wires are green/white(live) black/white(ground) i am not 100% sure on that it was a long time since i did it so if you have a honda service manual look at the wiring diagram. it is a lot simpiler than hooking it to the coil.

Also mine doen't go all the way in but it goes in a lot after the cord has been pulled and it works perfectly fine
lata
400exBro

So what did ya get for ya birthday, 416 kit :D ????

Nausty
02-20-2002, 03:32 PM
nope I got 100 buck from my parents, 20 from my grandma and then I already had about 120 but I dunno what to get. I want it to go faster and everything for when I'm riding around where I live but just about anywhere else I want better handling and definately better suspension. But for sure is k&n filter with outwear. Plus I kinda like the 416 kit with cam for 300 bucks if I save some more. That would be pretty cool then I would start saving on suspension and a wider axle. Do you guys think I should get a jet kit with a k&n filter though first? Or should I not get the jet kit?

Dave400ex
02-20-2002, 03:47 PM
How Bad do you want more Power? I would really do the Suspension First. You would be Riding a lot Faster if the Shocks would let you. I think Shocks, Axle, and A-Arms would be the way to go. Then Mod your Motor.

Nausty
02-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Well the thing is, is that when I mod the suspension I will pretty much have to buy the front shocks and rear conversion and the a-arms all at once after I buy a wider axle so I would rather do a little bit of motor work to get it to where I want it, then work on suspension. I'm not gonna get big on the motor like 500 dollar pipe and carb and that but I just want more acceleration and torque.

Dave400ex
02-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Well a JE 416 Piston and XR400 Cam would work good. I would get a TC MX Cam though. I`m sure it would add More Power then the XR400 Cam. You could also get a TC 416 Piston Kit. I think the TC Cam is $205, and the Piston Kit is around $120. That would be a Good Setup. I would get a K&N Air Filter, Outerwear, and a Pipe too. I have a TC Pipe, K&N Air Filter, Outerwear, and had my Carb Re-Jetted. I like it a lot. I don`t really see the need of a Jet Kit. I always have my Buddy Jason Orr (Orr Motorsports) do it. I think the Jets were only $5 or so. The Best Setup would be: TC Pipe, K&N Air Filter, Outerwear, TC 416 Piston, TC MX Cam, and a Re-Jetted Carb. That would have a lot of Power. That`s what I`m going to do to my Motor. Then if you wanted to done the Road, you could have the Head Ported, and get a 39mm FCR Carb.