PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about this

D11NR
12-15-2003, 05:48 PM
I heard about a 300 going into a pond in southern IN within the last couple days, anyone want to fess up to letting a potential buyer ride at night, with no light, or helmet and the buyer not knowing the area. I was told the guy got like 37 stitches as a result of his face busting threw the ice. I wonder why atv's get the rap they do:huh:confused:

ThyJuGGaLo
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by D11NR
I wonder why atv's get the rap they do

yeah but you can't blame the ATV for this one

legaleagle
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Just proves the saying that there are limits to human intelligence, but no limit to human stupidity... I believe Darwin would have had a comment as well...;)

Nausty
12-15-2003, 06:30 PM
I heard about a 300 going into a pond in southern IN within the last couple days, anyone want to fess up to letting a potential buyer ride at night, with no light, or helmet and the buyer not knowing the area. I was told the guy got like 37 stitches as a result of his face busting threw the ice. I wonder why atv's get the rap they do:huh:confused:

explain to me how it would be the sellers fault?

jay's 300
12-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ThyJuGGaLo
yeah but you can't blame the ATV for this one

:venting on: Yeah, but tell that to the media, legislature, etc when they jump on stuff like this like a pack of starving dogs! We, quad owners and riders, understand the stupidity that causes accidents like this. Unfortunately those mentioned above casually overlook the specifics and just concentrate on the word ATV and accident. Pisses me off! :mad: :venting off:

12-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Everyone always is talking about the media and stuff saying this and tryin to "BAN" atvs.. Personally i think they can shove it all up their little azzes.

I think it is our choices to be riding these machines and it is OUR choices to take OUR risks. I love riding and i also know the big risk of gettin hurt badly or killed. But i choose to ride. These people who are tryin to ban fourwheelers all around think they have a point but they dont, HOw about we dont let them drive their cars because they could lose control? or they could get hit by someone else? or they could get in a big accident? its all the same risks isnt it? I'm sure they have some good points as in, atvs riding on roads, driving recklessly on roads, but that is the atvers fault and if it is illegal what they are doing they can get their fines and quit giving everyone a bad rep.

ThyJuGGaLo
12-15-2003, 07:08 PM
bobby i agree with you totally but those f*ckpuppets will just say "well if they didn't have an atv then they couldn't drive wrecklessly on the road. BAN THEM!"

Atreyu
12-15-2003, 07:15 PM
I don't really understand how people get things "banned." Of course the person knows the potential risks of riding and ATV. That's like banning bleach just because it could kill you if you drink it. If you act like an a5shole on a quad, your gonna get hurt. The people attempting to get ATVs banned need get find something to do with their lives instead of b!tching about things.

D11NR
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
explain to me how it would be the sellers fault?
I think the fact that if this did happen then the seller is a complete *** for allowing someone to ride their quad at night with no light on it, and no helmet, not knowing if the guy can ride or not. hmm seems like I just said this part
Lack of sense or plain stupidity I say on the sellers part, do I need to explain it any more clearer than this. I'm not siding with the would be buyer by no means either he's as ignorant as the seller. I'm not about to get into a pi$$ing match over this so dont even try.

batgeek
12-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I don't really understand how people get things "banned." Of course the person knows the potential risks of riding and ATV. That's like banning bleach just because it could kill you if you drink it. If you act like an a5shole on a quad, your gonna get hurt. The people attempting to get ATVs banned need get find something to do with their lives instead of b!tching about things.

certain people feel the need to "protect us from ourselves". :mad:

i tend to call them Liberals.

Nausty
12-17-2003, 12:36 AM
I think the fact that if this did happen then the seller is a complete *** for allowing someone to ride their quad at night with no light on it, and no helmet, not knowing if the guy can ride or not. hmm seems like I just said this part
Lack of sense or plain stupidity I say on the sellers part, do I need to explain it any more clearer than this. I'm not siding with the would be buyer by no means either he's as ignorant as the seller. I'm not about to get into a pi$$ing match over this so dont even try.

Give me a break, its not somone elses responsibility or right to make judgements for other people when they are fully capable of making their own decisions! 100% buyers fault, he could of kept himself out of the situation he got himself into. Also we don't even know what really happened anyways because we wern't even there so we can only speculate.

I hate it when I see other people getting blamed for somone elses own mistake or when people think that its somones fault for letting somone else make a bad decision when it was fully that persons choice of the matter and he has to take responsibility.

I said what I wanted to say and frankly I don't give a **** because this whole thing is over and there is nothing we can do about it and i'm done.

D11NR
12-17-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

I said what I wanted to say and frankly I don't give a **** because this whole thing is over and there is nothing we can do about it and i'm done.

Yes you are done:devil:

exhotdog
12-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by bobby88
Everyone always is talking about the media and stuff saying this and tryin to "BAN" atvs.. Personally i think they can shove it all up their little azzes.

I think it is our choices to be riding these machines and it is OUR choices to take OUR risks. I love riding and i also know the big risk of gettin hurt badly or killed. But i choose to ride. These people who are tryin to ban fourwheelers all around think they have a point but they dont, HOw about we dont let them drive their cars because they could lose control? or they could get hit by someone else? or they could get in a big accident? its all the same risks isnt it? I'm sure they have some good points as in, atvs riding on roads, driving recklessly on roads, but that is the atvers fault and if it is illegal what they are doing they can get their fines and quit giving everyone a bad rep.

What about the older generation. They should leave the ATV's alone and concentrate on the old people that are ending innocent lives. This is a direct quote from the Insurance Institute of America.

"A bill in the California Legislature requiring road tests for people 75 and older was derailed in 2000 after senior citizen groups protested. Among those who would have been affected: Russell Weller, the man police say was responsible for the Santa Monica crash.

Statistics from the Insurance Institute show that older drivers generally are as safe as other age groups until they reach 75, when they tend to have more accidents.

Drivers 85 and older are about as likely to be involved in a fatal crash as those ages 16 to 19, but they're more likely to die than others in car accidents because their bodies are frailer, the institute's Ferguson said."

:huh :eek2:

Guy400
12-17-2003, 06:24 AM
Nausty, I agree that ultimately it was the potential buyers fault for riding getting himself in that situation. If he was riding a quad at night with no headlight than he sure shouldn't have been riding fast enough to get into trouble. However, the seller has the obligation as a mature and responsible adult to not allow a test ride under those conditions. Since helmets on ATV's are not a law I'd allow someone to test ride my quad without one if they chose. I would NOT allow someone to take my quad out at night with no headlight.

MOFO
12-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
certain people feel the need to "protect us from ourselves". :mad:

i tend to call them Liberals.

you nailed it on the head....as usual.

JTRtrx250r
12-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Nausty, I agree that ultimately it was the potential buyers fault for riding getting himself in that situation. If he was riding a quad at night with no headlight than he sure shouldn't have been riding fast enough to get into trouble. However, the seller has the obligation as a mature and responsible adult to not allow a test ride under those conditions. Since helmets on ATV's are not a law I'd allow someone to test ride my quad without one if they chose. I would NOT allow someone to take my quad out at night with no headlight. I agree 100%,sounds like bad judgement calls on both parties

12-17-2003, 03:23 PM
I heard about a 300 going into a pond in southern IN within the last couple days, anyone want to fess up to letting a potential buyer ride at night, with no light, or helmet and the buyer not knowing the area. I was told the guy got like 37 stitches as a result of his face busting threw the ice. I wonder why atv's get the rap they do:huh:confused: its not the machine, its the idiot operator, or atleast thats what my science teacher always said:rolleyes:

2001400ex
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bobby88

F--- anyone that wants to ban ATV's, they can go ahead and TRY to ban them, and even if they do I'll never stop riding, nothing will stop me from riding my quad, I hate nature freaks, I really do. :rolleyes:

bone705
12-17-2003, 04:48 PM
man this is crazy how word gets out. i was the seller. i guess ill give the story out. this guy callled me and said hed bring me the money if he could come get it that night. that was like ast 6 and he had a 3 hr. drive. when he got here he obiviously wanted to take it for a test ride like anyone would. i told him just to stay on one side of the field. the guy drives right next to the pond turns anround and goes balls to the wall toward these huge bumps. even if there wasnt a pond i imagane hitting them huge bumps still wouldnt have been pretty. but he hit them and flipped into the pond. he ran up to my house and told me what happend and to call an ambulance. so we got him takin care of and went and got the 300 out.

chucked
12-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by bone705
man this is crazy how word gets out. i was the seller. i guess ill give the story out. this guy callled me and said hed bring me the money if he could come get it that night. that was like ast 6 and he had a 3 hr. drive. when he got here he obiviously wanted to take it for a test ride like anyone would. i told him just to stay on one side of the field. the guy drives right next to the pond turns anround and goes balls to the wall toward these huge bumps. even if there wasnt a pond i imagane hitting them huge bumps still wouldnt have been pretty. but he hit them and flipped into the pond. he ran up to my house and told me what happend and to call an ambulance. so we got him takin care of and went and got the 300 out.
i can kind of see where your coming from, if your desperate to sell, but didnt you at least have a helmet to lend him, and a flash light and some duct tape, theres still really no excuse

D11NR
12-17-2003, 07:38 PM

You have a pm

2001400ex
12-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Don't 300EX's have lights on them? Or are they just decoy lights and don't actually work?

There's nothing you can really do, I mean, you could've told him to just go down to the end of your driveway because the area has rough conditions and there's not alot of light around, or at least let him hear it run...no one really needs to sit here and flame the guy though I mean he can't take 100% of the blame, I know I wouldn't be rippin through some area where I wasn't aquaiinted with especially at night, and to top it off without a light.:eek2:

bone705
12-17-2003, 08:20 PM
2001400ex

Don't 300EX's have lights on them? Or are they just decoy lights and don't actually work?

dont 400s have lights on them. ive seen a ton without them.

44oEX
12-18-2003, 07:31 AM
If you guys think thats bad I have a stupider one for you. Some guy around here got chased by the cops ( that normal ) but thet stupid par was that he had no helmet was drunk no light and no brakes. He was in a paking lot and it was dark out and he turned around to see where the cop was when he turned back around there was a van that wasn't parked right and he hit it right in the side. Somehow he didn't get hurt but it did hurt the quad and the van. The cops took his bike and he didn't get it back that was a month and a hafl ago.

I say the cops sould keep his bike people liek that don't desirve a quad.

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 12:59 PM
2001400ex

dont 400s have lights on them. ive seen a ton without them.

Don't get defensive, I was asking if they have lights on them because of the fact that if they DID have lights on them, it's preety much his fault for driving a quad at night without a helmet with no lights on especially if the quad is equipped with headlight(s)

bone705
12-18-2003, 03:42 PM
no i removed the light.

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 04:54 PM
That's all I wanted to know. Didn't want to start any flames.

bone705
12-18-2003, 05:12 PM
sorry bout gettin all defensive, its just it was kinda pissing me off that i was gettin called an a**hole for what happend.

JUSTINcredible
12-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
stupider

uh huh:huh

2001400ex
12-18-2003, 06:31 PM
NP bone, people make mistakes, people say stupid things.:)