PDA

View Full Version : Big Bores???

Mitch_McComb
08-17-2001, 06:52 AM
I've been saving my money to purchase a big bore kit. I've been looking at the different company's. I've mainly found CT, Sparks racing, and Powroll. Is there really that much of a difference between all of the different kits? I have noticed a huge difference in price range between all that I have found. If they all deliver 440cc's to the engine, 440 is a 440 right?
Or is horse power the thing to look for when purchasing a kit?
I'm a little inexperienced when it comes to large engine modifications.

Thanks for your input,

Mitch McComb

08-17-2001, 12:18 PM
i would go with sparks racing cause they use good sleeves that don't taper down and crack like alot of the kits will. It may be more expensive though cause the modify the cases

Dave400ex
08-17-2001, 12:27 PM
Sparks Racing all the way. They seem to be the best. I would get most of the stuff for extra reliabilty too.

nakomis0
08-17-2001, 03:24 PM
I don't know who Magic Racing gets there big bore kits from. But as far as I can see there good, and have yet to heard of one that cracked from them. There prices are always pretty good too. Oh ya and there in Michigan. The kit with all the trimmings (cam,o/s valves, hardened rockers ect.) cost under 1300$. If you have them do all your work I think its about an extra 150$.