PDA

View Full Version : Question about a-arms

simoniz
12-15-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm looking at a quad that is set up for TT racing. It has +2, +1 forward Leager a-arms. Will this set up work for MX? It has a standard swing arm. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

K_Fulk
12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
I don't really understand your question, But those a-arms will work fine for mx. If it has any type of lowering kit and a swaybar i would take it off for mx.

norrisboat
12-15-2003, 02:16 PM
I wouldnt buy it if I was interested in mx. +2+1 isnt the best way to go for mx but it is an improvement over stock.

Also check to see if it has a lowering kit or a anti-sway bar. You dont want this stuff.

greco400
12-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Woudln't he just have to get differnt shocks because the Shocks for TT are shorter and 2+1 is better than stock

Corect me if im wrong :blah:

-Greco :macho

simoniz
12-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I would definitely take off the sway bar and change the front shocks. The rear has a adjustable strut for ride height. I know the +2 would be great for MX but the +1 forward is what I'm asking about. Would it be more prown to wheelie with that set up for MX? Or would it make it corning better? I believe that's the reason they go with that in TT.

Greg Z
12-15-2003, 04:39 PM
dont get +1 foward unless yourr going to go with a +1 swing arm.. other then that dont get it wont be balanced in the air and wont handel to swell