PDA

View Full Version : low altitude jetting

sevens
12-14-2003, 11:30 PM
I live in louisiana and i am below sea level by about i guess 20' or so? i am having trouble getting my 400 up in second, comes up but takes alot of effort, tried messing with the air screw but hasn't helped too much, thinking i might have to lower the needle clip. My bearing carrier just broke so i don't know if my bearings could have anything to do with it. But was wondering what setup other people at low altitudes are running. here's mine:

air screw 2 1/2 turns out
stock pilot(42 soon)
3rd clip on DJ needle
DJ 155
k&n
WB e-series 12 disc

JOEX
12-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Your jetting looks good, you can try raising the needle a notch but I doubt it will make a difference.

I suppose the bearings could have an affect on wheeling, too much resistance? Do you have stock sprockets sizes? What about tires?

I have the same set up except I use Kehin jets and have no problem with 3rd gear wheelies.

Joe

sevens
12-15-2003, 03:49 AM
stock gearing, not sure exact size on tires but i know they are 20" itp holeshots, think a little wider than stock. will try messing with the carb somemore after i get the carrier and new brake pads on this week. if its not the needle maybe i have an air leak? not sure what it could be.