PDA

View Full Version : Would 18" rear tires help save my axle from bending ?

660r2a400ex
12-14-2003, 09:22 PM
i know 18's lower the bike, would this help from saveing the axle from bending, if not, how can i modify my bike so i dont bend the axle so easy without putting an aftermarket axle on my bike.

K_Fulk
12-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 660r2a400ex
how can i modify my bike so i dont bend the axle so easy without putting an aftermarket axle on my bike.

About the only thing you can do not hit any tree's or jump anything. Then your not very likely to bend your axle.
But thats probly not gonna happen.

smith
12-16-2003, 10:20 AM
The 2 best ways not to bend your axle:
1) (as K_fulk said) do not hit trees
2) have good suspension! If you are constantly bottoming out the suspension, it will cause the axle to bend, aftermarket OR stock, it doesn't matter! as, being a smooth jumper helps out too. If you are constantly landing on one tire first, you'll keep on bending the axle too!

Nausty
12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
yup learn how to throw the quad around and how practice landings a lot to see how to do it smoothest. I usually land on the gas w/ my front tires just a bit higher than the fronts w/ both sides even and it seems the smoothest.

Get shocks if you mx, I got them pretty much right away and tank god because my frame still looks great and has no cracks or anything. I think if I didn't have those shocks I would have a lot more parts breaking and my quad and spine would be in pretty bad shape.:o