PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of a used Works rear SHOCK?

660r2a400ex
12-14-2003, 09:20 PM
my bike is all stock, except looks,bars, nerfs, and heavy duty axle, and some little stuff. i like to do freestyle and want a rear shock so soften my landin and possibally help save my rear axle from bending or breaking. Is this possible. My local atv store has a used rear works shock for $200, is it worth it, will it be a nice step up from stock, please try not to compare works with elkas or axis, i know works are cheaper and not the same quility as other aftermarket shocks, compare it to what i have now, stock! thank you. oh, the biggest jump i have ever hit was only like a 7 foot high double, 28 foot gap, so i dont need a great rear shock, just something to soften my landings and save my rear axle.

bradley300
12-14-2003, 10:37 PM
compared to stock, works are 100% better. people just down works b/c elka/axis are 200% better than stock.

sounds like they will be great for all your doing for now

K_Fulk
12-15-2003, 08:21 AM
I would just get your stock shock revalved. It would be about the same price and work better.

Out_Sider
12-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I would just get your stock shock revalved. It would be about the same price and work better.

Im with fulk ;)

12-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I would just get your stock shock revalved. It would be about the same price and work better. this is what im doing soon by santo derisi...he is said to make it better than a works & just as dependable too...so we will see,. ;)

BigAl
12-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Another vote for your stock rear shock.

The front shocks are pitiful compared to a works, or any other rebuildable shock.

The rear shock however is a VERY good unit. It is the same quality of materials used on the MX bikes, and those hardly ever get rplaced, just resprung, or revalved to suit the rider better.

You might start with setting the sag, compression and rebound on your stock shock (if you haven't already). If you dont wiegh too much, with proper setup you should not need to do aything else.