PDA

View Full Version : Keihin 39mm Fcr Carb????

fas400ex
12-14-2003, 12:26 PM
:devil:
I HAVE A 425 KIT WITH STAGE 1 HOTCAM, PRO CIRCUIT TI4 COMPLETE SYSTEM,POWROLL VENTED CLEAR AIRBOX LID, JET KIT..... MY QUESTION IS I AM RUNNING A STOCK 400EX CARB AND THE STOCK OIL SUMP IS ANYONE ELSE RUNNING THIS SETUP AND IS IT WORTH IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON IF ITS NEEDED OR NOT OR WHAT THE BENEFITS ARE WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!!!!1
PHIL:devil:

HOT-ROD
12-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by fas400ex
:devil:
I HAVE A 425 KIT WITH STAGE 1 HOTCAM, PRO CIRCUIT TI4 COMPLETE SYSTEM,POWROLL VENTED CLEAR AIRBOX LID, JET KIT..... MY QUESTION IS I AM RUNNING A STOCK 400EX CARB AND THE STOCK OIL SUMP IS ANYONE ELSE RUNNING THIS SETUP AND IS IT WORTH IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON IF ITS NEEDED OR NOT OR WHAT THE BENEFITS ARE WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!!!!1
PHIL:devil: :confused2

muff
12-14-2003, 04:51 PM
a nice 39mm FCR will add noticable power...enough to make you ask yourself, why didnt I get this before?

I love mine and was definetly worth the money, they are on ebay for $400 and C&D for around $450

12-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by muff
a nice 39mm FCR will add noticable power...enough to make you ask yourself, why didnt I get this before?

I love mine and was definetly worth the money, they are on ebay for $400 and C&D for around $450

if your looking for low end power go with the eldbrock or whatever...but if u want some mid-top power go with the FCR39mm for sure

foleyit
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by muff

You will definitely love the results from the 39m FCR. I wish I had bought mine sooner!

muff
12-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
if your looking for low end power go with the eldbrock or whatever...but if u want some mid-top power go with the FCR39mm for sure

the thing is with the edelbrok you'll need to modify your throttle assembly (grind it out) or buy an aftermarket one such as the moose....why bother? the fcr will make sufficent power across practically all of the power band

12-14-2003, 06:51 PM
exactly :D

fas400ex
12-14-2003, 08:18 PM
great advice guys, but
a couple of you said top end power will i sacrafice low end power does it give good throttle response? is it power across the power band? is it worth it to go with a larger oil sump?
phil

12-14-2003, 08:20 PM
with the FCR ur low end stays the same and gives GREAT throttle responce and the power is accross the powerband i dunno what u mean by oil sump...how would oil affect a carb any anywayz?

muff
12-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
with the FCR ur low end stays the same and gives GREAT throttle responce and the power is accross the powerband i dunno what u mean by oil sump...how would oil affect a carb any anywayz?

i dont know he got me stumped there too :confused:

fas400ex
12-15-2003, 12:04 AM
SORRRY GUYS LET ME CLARIFY MYSELF I MEANT IS THE OIL SUMP (OVERSIZED OIL TANK) A GOOD MOD? I HUEAR IT LOWERS ENGINE TEMP. I KNOW IT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CARB. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS WORTH IT WITH THE MODS I HAVE? I GUESS IT WAS 2 DIFFERENT QUESTIONS I JUST DIDNT WRITE IT THAT WAY.:devil:
PHIL

fas400ex
12-15-2003, 12:43 AM
one more question how does the choke work on the fcr is it better than stock? i know the 400ex has always had problems in the cold with the choke and flooding. its very tempormental and u have to get the touch. is it the same with the fcr or better?:devil:
phil

12-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by fas400ex
SORRRY GUYS LET ME CLARIFY MYSELF I MEANT IS THE OIL SUMP (OVERSIZED OIL TANK) A GOOD MOD? I HUEAR IT LOWERS ENGINE TEMP. I KNOW IT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CARB. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS WORTH IT WITH THE MODS I HAVE? I GUESS IT WAS 2 DIFFERENT QUESTIONS I JUST DIDNT WRITE IT THAT WAY.:devil:
PHIL

OOOO oversized oil tank...its an ok mod...shoud lower ur temp by about 30-50 degrees or so...its a pretty nice thing to have...u will be running another half quart of oil which is also good...if you are prepairing your bike to be built i think you should consider it

MIKE400EX
12-15-2003, 03:05 PM
HondaRacerX
Think you could shorten your "advertisement"? It would be really nice if we could get more than two posts on a page. No disrespect intended, we all know that you have a well modded (and documented) bike! I'm sure all the "dial-ups" will thank you.

12-15-2003, 03:09 PM
fine...ill take off my comming soon section...

BigThumper33
12-15-2003, 03:53 PM
The fcr doesn't have a chole. I never had problems getting mine to start up. Putting a larger pilot in the stock ex carb did wonders in the cold anyway.

I never used the choke after that, and never missed it when I got my fcr.