PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easy way to pre adjust ball joints for +1 arms?

RUNMYTA
12-14-2003, 10:13 AM
I am in the middle of installing +1 Laegar A-arms on my R for XC. Is there a trick or certain amount of turns out that I can place the ball joints before mounting them on the bike. They are a pain to tighten off the bike, I can imagine what it will be like on it!:eek2:

12-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Make sure that the lower ball joints are screwed in 100% all the way. Tighten them down and leave them alone. Install the upper ones but don't tighten them down all the way because you'll probably have to make adjustments once you get everything else put on.

I"m guessing I answered your question:confused: Not too sure on what you really mean..

muff
12-15-2003, 07:05 AM
^ dont you just love those posts :o

like rico said turn the lower ball joints all of the way in, and adjust the ball joint on the upper a-arm. if you adjust the lower ball joints out you can run into problems with them breaking

RUNMYTA
12-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Another post whore showing his ignorance!:rolleyes:

I guess I could clarify a little better. I am adding the +1 arms for a XC set-up on my R. I was just wondering if there was maybe a "magical" number of turns out from flush on the top ball joints that would put me where I needed to be without mounting the arms, tires and tie rods then trying to bend upside down adjusting them? Sorry for the confusion!;)

muff
12-15-2003, 12:51 PM
oh yes I forgot to mention that you want to adjust you ball joints first and then adjust the toe in...if you dont you will be having to adjust the toe in twice :(