PDA

View Full Version : wondering if tires are to big now.....

mersingt
12-14-2003, 12:43 AM
hi im new to this site and i have a problem,

i just bought some kenda klaw xcr 22*11*9s for the rear and 22*7*10s for the front
and today when i went riding i got stuck 2 times. altough it was
set on teh hard patern i dont think this would make that much of
a difference would it?
let me know what you think im also thinking
about getting some new tires to gncc in 20 inch size what type of rims should i get and what type of tires keep in mind im on a budget thanks guys.

JOEX
12-14-2003, 01:09 AM
I don't race myself....I don't think going to a smaller tire will be a good thing for GNCC racing. Are you riding in the same location and conditions as with your previous tires?

As for rims, stock are pretty good, next would be reinforcement rings then beadlocks and/or Hiper carbon fibers.

Joe

mersingt
12-14-2003, 01:15 AM
yeah i know that but i want to get a smaller tire because my little 300 cant go so fast with the big 22s on it and if i put the 20 inchers on it i will have more power and better acceleration with the down fall of decreased speed of coure. im talking about getting a combo that has tires and rims so i can just swap them out when i want to race like what rockymountainatv has cause thats pretty cheap often

toby400ex
12-14-2003, 10:37 AM
go down to a 12 tooth front sprocket or a 39 or 40 tooth rear sprocket and ur 300 will pull those tires better. I had 22 inch pure sport realtors on my 300ex and it seemed fine, and those tires are a hell of alot heavier than urs.

4wheelboy
12-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mersingt
yeah i know that but i want to get a smaller tire because my little 300 cant go so fast with the big 22s on it and if i put the 20 inchers on it i will have more power and better acceleration with the down fall of decreased speed of coure. im talking about getting a combo that has tires and rims so i can just swap them out when i want to race like what rockymountainatv has cause thats pretty cheap often

my 20 inch klaws do great in the deep thick mud. btw i always run them in the hard pack direction. i think u could do fine in a xc race with 20 inchers:o