PDA

View Full Version : Tire problems?

FastHonda400ex
12-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Last year I bought new Douglas red label wheels and new Pure Soort Bandit XC tires for the rear of my 400ex from Rocky Mountain ATV. But sometimes after some heavy power sliding and riding, I noticed that the right rear would be low the next time I went to go riding. I called them and they told me that I could buy a new tire and then send the original back in for warranty. I had the original tire dismounted and the bead had several factory cuts in it that went with the bead and not across it. The new tire they sent me had the same kind of cuts in it as well. So I sent both tires back and they're sending me a check for the one tire and they sent me a new Bandit XC as a replacement. I just looked at the new tire and it has some cuts in the bead on it, so it looks like I'll be sending it back too. The Pure Sport Bandit XC tires have a lifetime warranty on them from manufacturer's defects.

Here is my question. Should I have them send me a new Bandit tire or should I get a couple Holeshots or Razr tires? Which one is better for trail riding and snow?

Thanks,
Doug

12-13-2003, 11:10 PM
razrs ;) thats what im getting soon

sprtrx300ex
12-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Razor the #1 trail tire in my opinion. They do great in the snow too. However they are not a Mud tire. Then just spin when you getinto deep mud.

redrunner
12-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Razrs are great. I've ridden my friends with pure sports, not bad but the razrs got em beat in my opinion.
You should ask RMA for more help and to inspect their stock.

muff
12-14-2003, 04:46 PM
these razr2s I just got are sick, the lugs are huge! This is going to be the last XC/snow tire i'm going to buy...yes they are a little pricey at $125 retail, but if you look around you can find them for $80 (prolly from C&D, Quadshop)

they dig right down and rip it up, even through the snow to the frozen ground, over the last week I've put over 10 hours on them and they have performed great so far and look like they will last a long time

FastHonda400ex
12-21-2003, 02:56 AM
Rocky Mtn Atv told me that Pure Sports shut their plant down and are moving, so the last batch of tires that left the plant had defects. RMA is out of stock on the Razr tires until March, so they're sending me the ITP Holeshot XCR's for the same price that I paid for the Bandit XC's. I thought that was really nice of them:)

12-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by muff
these razr2s I just got are sick, the lugs are huge! This is going to be the last XC/snow tire i'm going to buy...yes they are a little pricey at $125 retail, but if you look around you can find them for $80 (prolly from C&D, Quadshop)

they dig right down and rip it up, even through the snow to the frozen ground, over the last week I've put over 10 hours on them and they have performed great so far and look like they will last a long time

u can get them cheaper then that from rocky mountain atv :D

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
u can get them cheaper then that from rocky mountain atv :D

RMATV wants $69.99 for the 20x11x9 and $79.99 for the 22x11x9 we sell them for $70 and $80 and most of the time our freight is cheaper :o

Fasthonda you will be happy with the xcr I have the older ones I do have a little bit of problem with ground clearance when we rode at Hatfield. But if they sent you the xcr03 there won't be that issue.

FastHonda400ex
12-31-2003, 03:08 AM
I just got the Holeshot XCR-03's and they're doin great in the snow:D I think they'll make a good traction tire for all around riding.