PDA

View Full Version : The sparks bored ex carb...what peformance increase to expect?

bmw500hp
12-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Wondering what to expect from the Sparks bore mod/choke removed on the 400ex Carb...

Thanks!

Mike

cals400ex
12-13-2003, 07:12 PM
i haven't talked to many people that just did the carb work. most people i talked too installed other motor mods at the same time. however, rico just got his carb bored and he said there was a gain. i have been told that rocky ridge does the exact same thing for $125 instead of sparks price of $175. i personally am waiting for the fcr.

12-13-2003, 07:52 PM
dude mike....y do u want to kno about that...i thought u were running the FCR...i just got mine in the mail along with the high rev cdi...ive heard people say it flows like a 36mm or a 37mm...but YYYY...FCR39mm is a ton better

bmw500hp
12-13-2003, 08:08 PM
ya I would run my Sparks FCR but it's loaned out to a racer and now the dude went to State Police academy and won't be home till April. I don't want to just roll up at his folks house and yank the carb so...

I agreed to pick up the Spark's modded ex carb from a member here and figured on some better throttle response and maybe a tad more performance to satisfy till the spring.

Just wanted some advice ahead of the install on the goods bads and areas of concern.