PDA

View Full Version : all raptor owners

kxrider
12-13-2003, 01:14 PM
how do i move the shifter up and dont respond if you dotn know how cuz it aint normal so dont call me a jackas either

Colby@C&DRacing
12-13-2003, 02:00 PM
The linkage has an adjustable rod, you need to loosen the 2 jam nuts turn the rod to achieve the desired height and tighten the jam nuts again. (adjusts like a tie rod).

deathman53
12-13-2003, 03:52 PM
I read in a dirtwheels, that you can use the linkage from a warrior. There is an adjuster I used to have a warior, but I don't remember how to adjust it, but there is a bolt on the linkage, I think you loosen the bolt turn a adjuster bolt to where you want it and tighten the nut down, kinda like adjusting the rear brake pedal height on most quads. Don't swear by me on this, I vaugely remember. The warrior linkage raises the shifter to to accomidate for people who wear riding boots over size 14 or so. Don't know what issue it said that in. You would be better asking on www.bluetraxx.com

660r2a400ex
12-16-2003, 07:16 PM
i use to have a raptor, that linkage sucks, buy an IMS powershifter and put it on, direct shifter no lickage $30 at the most and they make it for the raptor, u wont miss as many shifts either now, hey why dont you just sell it and join the crowd like i did, u will be please with a 400 and you dont have to work on it as much

12-16-2003, 07:25 PM
i think he said that he has both & he stated that he was prepared for the constant work on the raptor???

zfire_28
12-17-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by kxrider
how do i move the shifter up and dont respond if you dotn know how cuz it aint normal so dont call me a jackas either

you jackas!!!!........................................ .:blah: J/P:blah:

kxrider
12-17-2003, 10:07 AM
i only have a raptor and a 250ex for sale, the only quads i would take over my raptor is a trx450r, or yfz450, i test rode everything and i got wat i wanted and it was a very educated choice i knew all the complaints when i got it

12-17-2003, 10:22 AM
yah...i thought my friends raptor was awesome too when he first bought it new, looks cool... can easily deceive the stupid & ignorant...well after we rode it for about 10 hours of trails & stuff, then things started to break that I didnt think was possible :eek2: ...IMO & alot of others they are JUNK

norcalatver
12-17-2003, 08:56 PM
you will get more useful information if you go to a Yamaha site like Bluetraxx.com. This is a Honda site.

kxrider
12-17-2003, 09:19 PM
its all good playa im register over ther ebut i forgot my password and im way to lazy to get a new one

ewalker302
12-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Then you will probably get answers in the NON HONDA FORUM, conviniently right here on exriders.

Lazy ***

:bandit: