PDA

View Full Version : New Bars....Need help

PsychoDave
02-16-2002, 05:57 PM
I just bent the crap out of my Moose bars (carbon steel)...i had the big bars...i wanted to get some stronger bars like Renthal...
but i want them in a big size almost like the Moose bars....does anyone have any ideas.....i was looking into race bend bars but i dont know if they are tall enough....i dont like the Renthal 400ex bend bars....any help would be great...thx i attached a pic of how big the bars are and what they look like.

PS i am a tall rider and need the room from the big bars....

400exRacerX
02-16-2002, 10:37 PM
:huh How do you manage to jump with those huge bars? If I were you just go to your local dealer and look at the handlebar selection and you can do a hand on product evaluation on each bar to see what one you like best. Heres how my tag x-5 cr low bend bars look like,

PsychoDave
02-17-2002, 07:27 AM
I jump like an animal with those bars...I came from the BMX world and had a few old dirt bikes with tall bars. My problem is that the dealers I goto dont have a large selection of bars....and every time I look at a magazine I cant judge what I would like. The new bars dont have to be as tall as the moose bars....i like wide and less back bend....

Thanks for the reply.

PsychoDave
02-17-2002, 03:02 PM
anyone else got ideas???

SGA
02-17-2002, 04:33 PM
Heres some renthal 4 traxx bend(250R) handlebars on my 400. Their a little taller & a little more swept back than the stockers. Heres the link to renthal bar bends for size reference http://www.renthal.com/products/hbdims/qudims.htm

PsychoDave
02-17-2002, 05:33 PM
when you say swept back you mean closer to you (the ends...more curve)and less straight.....arent those bars shorter from left to right?

02-17-2002, 07:20 PM
i put kx80 bend renthals on my 300ex...i love it

RideRed04
02-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Here is tag quad bend x-5's. They are really comfortable, just a hair shorter then stockers and a little bit wider. As a bounus, they are 20% stronger then renthals, and still fit the stock bars clamps.

http://photos.onebigvillage.com/pubimage.asp?id_=84924

PhilMoore
02-17-2002, 10:57 PM
I don't want to sound like a broken record cuz I just posted about this in another topic. Also, I don't have stock in this company, I just think they are cool.

You taller fellows need to check these out:

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/bar_riser.cfm

My neighbor makes them. The DS in the pictures is his quad. In fact, I just went riding with him today. He rides hard, and it is no problem for him to do 90' jumps on his DS. He has never had a problem with the risers. Also, my friend Josh has a set on his 400EX. When you stand up on the quad, they really help.

PsychoDave
02-18-2002, 07:47 AM
they look good but i think i am afraid that they willl move....my bars moved when i landed too hard...and i am worried about that. I was looking into other types of risers too....
those risers look great though...but my friend has a DS and the geometry is different than an ex.....