PDA

View Full Version : Was the 450R released late?

putzld
12-13-2003, 08:07 AM
I dont mean late december as appossed to December 8, I mean dirtwheels had this rumor floating around that Honda was going to release the 450R maybe 5-6months ago (or atleast announce it) but they decided not to so that they could sell off more 400EXs that they had in warehouses. Has anyone else heard that rumor?

I also wonder if Honda was seriously considering using an aluminum frame and if they are still testing that design. Any thoughts?

r450rr
12-13-2003, 08:13 AM
i personally have not herd anything about them releasing it six months ago i think if they would have had it prepared to be released they would have released it.. cause the competition with the yfz..

about the frame... it has a aluminuim sub-frame but for the most part its steel... but i my mind thats kinda a good thing plus it steal weighs 350pounds with the steel frame... so im happy

cgmxer115
12-14-2003, 09:53 AM
if you look at that original "drawing" of the 450, it is very close to what we see now BUT the frame is very different in the front just below the headlights and also by the pivot bolt it looks a little funny, could be in the drawing but i think it is another frame, maybe aluminum. My guess is we will see that frame next year or maybe we will see Farr out testing it at a race. As for the delay in shipping, i was told by a good source that they had problems with the a-arms or at least the front suspension anyway. I think the 2 wheeler was delayed for a while also.

putzld
12-14-2003, 09:37 PM
I wish I could recall exactly where nd when I saw that in dirtwheels but it kind of made sence, I can only hopew they will come out with an aluminum frame soon, that would rock.

BIGRED400
12-15-2003, 04:40 AM
I heard local dealers were marking up price's up to $1500 more than MSRP just because they can...............what a ripoff..I don't think so..........not in my house

Bretmd94
12-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by BIGRED400
I heard local dealers were marking up price's up to $1500 more than MSRP just because they can...............what a ripoff..I don't think so..........not in my house

When i put my 500$ down on the deposit the guy wrote 6499 on the deposit so mine wont be marked up. That sucks if your dealer does that. Its so stupid when they do. the Mitsubishi Dealer here was getting 39k for a new Lancer Evo when they came out. They retail for like 28-29. Very lame. Dont take thier crap and go to a different dealer. Tell them about it too.

2004TRX450R
12-16-2003, 12:41 AM
a lot of places will do that with hard to get limited edition stuff. In '01 when my bro was looking into getting a Lightning there were a bunch of dealers marking them up $5K over and I found one that was marking them about $10K over msrp. What a joke!I saw the evos. the other day too and they were asking like $38 or $39K for them too. They had one that a guy bought and his wife didn't like it so he brought it back and it has like 150 miles on it. They are selling it used for $35K wich is still over msrp. What a crock!