PDA

View Full Version : CR250 owners help!

AndrewRRR
12-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Hey do any of you have a service manual for a '99 CR250? I just need a photocopy of the wiring diagram schematic. I can kick you a few bucks for your trouble if someone would scan or photocopy it for me. I have CR250 ignition in my 250r now and I want to hook up the handlebar switch and kill switch but I don't want to go randomly attaching wires and risk frying the CDI.
Just figured I'd check here before I shell out $30 or whatever for a service manual when I only need a page or two of it!

Aceman
12-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Sorry I can't help with the diagram, but I see CR250 manuals going for $20 plus shipping on Ebay.

2004TRX450R
12-13-2003, 12:51 AM
The kill switch should be hooked up to the Black/white wire. I don't have a manual to get you a pic though sorry. Let me know if that is what you needed or if you need something else.

deathman53
12-13-2003, 06:40 AM
I have one on my atc250r, I hooked up the kill to the black/white wire and Ididn't hook up the grounds from the kill to the black wire, works fine. I used a cr kill button and a tether, the cr kill grounds to the bars, so thats why I didn't need to hook up the other wire. I hope you bolted the coil to the frame, as that is very improtant for the bike to run.

AndrewRRR
12-13-2003, 12:05 PM
It's not totally installed permanately since I'm waiting on the lighting setup ricky stator just developed for the CR ignition. Right now it runs fine (we didn't mount the coil to the frame, it's just duct taped in right now, lol) but you have to put it in gear and let out the clutch to kill the motor. Not the safest.
I figure just hook the kill teather to the positive lead on the coil like with the 250R ignition but I want to figure out if there is a way for me to use the stock handlebar switch setup with it's run/off and light switches. If not I guess i'll just get a CR kill button and install a switch somewhere for the lights.