PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded Subject But Im Not Having Any Luck

shook
02-16-2002, 05:26 PM
OK its jetting I have a 400ex with a W/B slip on xr cam (10) 3/4 in holes in the air box lid K&N filter head slightly ported I have a 42 pilot jet and the clip lowered 1 notch and the main well thats what I havent quite got right I have tried running it and doing plug checks and Im getting the same reading with a 165 as I am with a 200 so I know this cant be right and as far as going as big as you can on the main until it just wont take it and then back off 2 sizes isnt working either I can put a 200 main and nail it in any gear and it takes the throttle just fine now before I puit the cam and piston in it when i ran a 170 in it it bogg out but when I put the 165 it was perfect and ran great but it doesnt seem to make much difference with the new xr cam and the JE 10.5:1 piston I live in Va. where we are at sea level

If any one has close to this set up and lives inclose yto the same enviroment or just has any suggestions Please let me know

THANKS!!

max400EX
02-16-2002, 10:22 PM
put the clip in the stock position with a 170 and 42

Ononewheel
02-17-2002, 07:13 AM
I may be wrong but I think it would be worth a try to take your airbox lid off. Same thing happened to me, even with more holes than a box of cheerios.