PDA

View Full Version : TroyLee's MX Predator continued...12/12

TroyLeePred03
12-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Well its taken its step forward in looks and performance the last few months...look for quite a few things after the holiday im getting mostly cash for christmas so i can buy whatever parts i want...should be getting a denton steering damp., rath anti vibe stem, vortex cdi, rath heelguards,and front rezzies ....thats all i think ive got planned at the moment but here it is with the new tires and rims on the front looks a lot better and holy !@#$% does it handle better
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pb38767543063d75b98332ceb3377c1ed/fa51216a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p445e2cd85f9769d326a7d99818cd344a/fa512169.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p6dc784c4b7d63c9eb82ff11216bd8abf/fa51216b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p3100d6b6d9cf644614aa6efd166c72a7/fa511d7e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p8b049a3d7042cefc6392832de2c2c579/fa511d78.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pf24c954176995cfebd987f83d84e7d3c/fa511d7b.jpg

250rtone
12-12-2003, 09:28 PM
That thing looks awsome!!!!!

12-13-2003, 10:01 AM
im jealous :eek2:

SadisticShee
12-13-2003, 12:53 PM
VERY NICE

Sporttrax400ex
12-13-2003, 01:37 PM
k00l you need to get some shocks before anything. they help more than about anything in mx. your gonna love it when u get rezzies i would go ahead and get the back one revalved and set up for mx. looks like a sweet quad i love the look of it.

ex kid
12-14-2003, 05:19 PM
nice dude. get some elkas and get it low. hows that bike run? any problems? hows the power? handle well?

roostin_dale
12-14-2003, 05:45 PM
thats sweet!!

you dont see many people modify their preds.

TroyLeePred03
12-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
nice dude. get some elkas and get it low. hows that bike run? any problems? hows the power? handle well? if i had the money to spend for elkas i would in a heartbeat but i dont have an extra $1k+ just laying around i can spend it on other more essential things, anti vibe stem(stock ones kinda weak is the word on the predatorowners.com forums), vortex ignition(revs out wayy too early with the exhaust), steering damp(the pro steering gives a lot of feedback to the bars compared to other quads), rath heelguards(foots gone into the tire a few times and i dont wanna know wat it feel like off a 40ft table), and the front rezzies and im going to get the zps tripple rate springs from rath and the zero-preload ssd valves from him too for my stock shocks so theyll be exactly like elkas but cost me less than half their price because im getting it all at cost price plus im doing the work myself....elkas r in the back of my mind but why bother when i can save the money and have the same things done to my stockers and save a couple hundred? hell the stock rear shock is an $800 piece:eek2:....also u said get it low...lol its pretty damn low right now it could go another inch or two but it sits great right now....it runs great its got the power and once u start playing with it you can really find more like getting rid of the low end hesitation the stocker has by cutting 4 coils off the carb spring and slightly enlarging the two holes in the air valve... it wakes it up a bit also adding a clamp on or doing an airbox mod also helps along with a new filter...with just those basic things its got some good numbers...ive had no major problems just a few messy looking welds and poor PC job in some spots and looks like my subframe has a slight crack in it but nothing a little gusset cant fix, its taken a **** load of abuse and its showed no signs of falling apart, the power is good like i said with a few tweaks and its got basically enough to compete with most anything out there, and for handling its def. the best handling stock quad ive ridden...with a steering damp. its def top notch....TLP

TroyLeePred03
12-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
thats sweet!!

you dont see many people modify their preds.
www.predatorowners.com theres a lotta guys on the forums with modified preds some spend money in different spots than i do but i try to mix up my mods and get them one by one so i can really see how much they affect the performance...TLP

QuadJunkies
12-15-2003, 12:13 AM
nice pics!!!!Just got that Vortex, gonna try and get it on before the next races. looks like a little more is involved putting that thing on though. I cant wait to see how it revs now......:D

440exnacsracer
12-16-2003, 08:31 PM
nice pred, but im sorry, im not willing to put any money in mine, its a peice of $h**! ive had nothing but problems from it. i got it in january and had a frame, rear shock, wiring harness, caliper bracket, neutral light, front fender, and rear light replaced. plus my header is rusted to heck and back! it has spent more time in the shop than not, and i really do take care of my quad, i ride it, but dont abuse it, this crap is rediculous. my summer was spent watching other people ride near my house while my NEW 6K dollar quad was sitting in the shop getting a frame replaced!!!:mad: :grr: :grr: :mad:

440exnacsracer
12-16-2003, 08:32 PM
oh and theyre customer service sucks

TroyLeePred03
12-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
nice pics!!!!Just got that Vortex, gonna try and get it on before the next races. looks like a little more is involved putting that thing on though. I cant wait to see how it revs now......:D awsome tina let me know how it is im prob gonna pick one of them up after the holidays....good luck with it i kno many people are happy with them!!...TLP

TroyLeePred03
12-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
nice pred, but im sorry, im not willing to put any money in mine, its a peice of $h**! ive had nothing but problems from it. i got it in january and had a frame, rear shock, wiring harness, caliper bracket, neutral light, front fender, and rear light replaced. plus my header is rusted to heck and back! it has spent more time in the shop than not, and i really do take care of my quad, i ride it, but dont abuse it, this crap is rediculous. my summer was spent watching other people ride near my house while my NEW 6K dollar quad was sitting in the shop getting a frame replaced!!!:mad: :grr: :grr: :mad: obviously u got a lemon and so did a few otheres but ive heard pretty much all good from predator owners and me myself have had a great time with mine and look forward to the future polaris has set themselves...headers rusting to crap ya happens to most all quads if u didnt notice the dirt cakes on and rusts them badly but spray them with wd40 after they cool and let it set then rinse them it gets some of the crap off at least and im going to habe mine jet hot coated like many other predator owners have done also...the stuff u describe u had to have replaced i do have say sounds like more of a problem with u beating on it or misadjustment of things...caliper bracket!?!? common i kno it floats around but wat possibly happened its not a vital part it may rattle because of the play in it but thats how it was designed, neutral light !?!? wow watd a bulb burn out like that doesnt happen ever!?well rear shock if u ****ed the frame the rear shocks very vital to damage and also do u mean the entire shock was messed or just the lower mounting bolt which is a common problem also it is weak and bends after some hard riding, front fender!?watd it squeek a bit or did u rip off the tabs on the tank? wd40 again on the mount areas and the squeek is gone whoah magic!wiring harness well guessing u had the light replaced maybe u got moisture in the electrical maube from pressure washing or riding in deep water which also caused it to short out the neutral light and rear light well like i said about the neutral that could have gotten fryed too or did u let the screws back out and it fell off and broke!?!? many of this i assume could be the owners own lack of common sense to check other things...cleaning your quad is one thing checking it over for loose nuts and bolts and signs of stress ahead of time is more sensable especially on a first year production quad u cant bust on polaris u bought a first year production look at yamaha and how much the raptor was a POS in 2001 but some guys had awsome luck and nothing still to this day has gone wrong but there were the handful that did blow the tranny etc.. look at it now one of the more popular sport atvs out maybe for 04 the predator will be climbing the sales charts too...TLP

TroyLeePred03
12-16-2003, 09:46 PM
oh and theyre customer service sucks when u prob go ape **** on them like most common people wat r they gonna do besides tell u to calm down ive heard similar complaints from people but ive checked and the customer service reps all put down a side note saying customer was extremely angry or extremely rude any dealer can check on their customers feedback and polaris actualy has one of the best customer service...look i mean they replaced all your stuff didnt they....at least they didnt charge u polaris didnt even question people when they came to them with problems and your gonna say bad customer service look at wat your saying :huh

QuadJunkies
12-16-2003, 11:51 PM
oh and theyre customer service sucks Sorry to hear you got a lemon:( . and crap service, I would have to say 99% of the onwers have had nothing but GOOD service even past there warrenties..:confused:

Nausty
12-17-2003, 02:20 AM
WOW!!! that thing looks great. I like them plain like that and I like the colors a lot!

Fred55
12-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Polaris's customer service has been AWESOME to me...I think your dealer just sucks....

440exnacsracer
12-17-2003, 09:12 PM
for the rest of you, i apoligize for you having to read this

--------Thats ok, we are not going to read it.
Take it to a pm. SGA------------

QuadJunkies
12-17-2003, 11:45 PM
for the rest of you, i apoligize for you having to read this

----------------------EDITED BY SGA --------------------

Has your dealer been going all out to make sure your taken care of on your Predator? Thats totally sucks that you hadd all the problems,in all honesty, Polaris has fixed just about EVERY issue people have had on there quads. The onlt thing they didnt fix on ours was the seat issue,so we just bought a new seat and added a seat bolt form HardRock motorpsports. Have you tried talking to Polaris direct?I dont know if it would help at all,but its worth a try I guess.......;) Polaris had done alot of upgrades for the 04 model,more than alot of others done for a first time sport quad, I hope you get it all taken care of........:) Also, did you buy the extended warrenty? I bought one on all our quads, even the Hondas

Fred55
12-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Well.....the dealer called...and my frame is done!!!!!:D :D :D

yfsrider
12-18-2003, 06:45 PM
your pred is fugly:D

Predrider03
12-18-2003, 07:23 PM
wow.... i have rolled mine multiple times- no fender trouble, landed flat from 15ft in the air- no shock trouble, and certainly no frame trouble. sorry but u just got a lemon cuz mines gone way threw hell and is still mint
-J

440exnacsracer
12-18-2003, 08:07 PM
quadjunkies...yse, i tried contacting them directly, went through cust. service, and faxed a 2 page letter explaining my problems, but i havent had a reply. i mad the mistake of not getting the extended warranty, but my friend got it and his bearings in his bearing housing are loose and they wont fix it. i got mine back today, im just gonna sell it and go for the yfz or trx, i guess i just ended up with the lemon:confused: :(

440exnacsracer
12-18-2003, 08:10 PM
oh and QJ, i saw the 04 when i picked mine up, and yes it does look pretty sharp, lots of redesigning and cool little stickers inside the wheels

QuadJunkies
12-18-2003, 11:44 PM
oh and QJ, i saw the 04 when i picked mine up, and yes it does look pretty sharp, lots of redesigning and cool little stickers inside the wheels ;) Better luck with your next purchase and buy a warrenty........:)